Official Deus Ex: Human Revolution thread

I wonder how this Director's Cut is going to sell 2 years after the release of the standard version

the game was indeed good but the last chapters of it felt like a little rushed ....like the 2/3 was old master amsterdamer cheese ---the real good stuff , and 1/3 was plain grocery swiss ementaler with more holes than cheese :)

Man, I wish at least the hardest difficulty, no kills and no alarms got passed over.

It's an achievement, why does it matter? :p

It's not like they do anything...

the game was indeed good but the last chapters of it felt like a little rushed ....like the 2/3 was old master amsterdamer cheese ---the real good stuff , and 1/3 was plain grocery swiss ementaler with more holes than cheese :)

your statement confuses the shit out of me, perhaps because i don't know my cheeses.... but i do agree, the last part of the game was rushed as hell. I wish they would have done something to fix it up in the Director's cut.

I wonder how this Director's Cut is going to sell 2 years after the release of the standard version

I own the game and have yet to play it and yes I do plan on buying the upgrade. Its only $5 since and its worth it for a better game IMHO. Sure it would have been nice if they would have just patched the game but for $5 i cant complain too much.

Technically it's $10 unless you have both the old game and the DLC. I bought the original for $7, so that didn't bother me :p

I bought Human Revolution + Missing Link a few months back on a steam sale for under $10 total and had a blast.

$5 is worth it for the updates and integration of DLC - I think I'm still under $15 total which is a great deal for a game of that caliber. I went ahead and grabbed just in case the reduced price for owners of the original release is a limited offer.

My first play through I made a lot of concessions towards combat having heard how bad the first boss fight would be to stealth/hack builds. I definitely look forward to the improvements when I get around to replaying in a year or two.

Found a snag with the DC. Not all of the bonuses included in the original DLC are built-in with it. Having an extra $10K is something I miss... at least with buying Praxis Kits. :p

I've been playing the Wii U version, and it feels like they definitely intended it to be played on the Wii U and ported most of the changes to other consoles. Also, considering I played the original game on the Xbox 360, I can also tell that they implemented PC control adjustments to the Wii U version, for the minigames and such to be used with a stylus. That sure makes the hacking minigame a lot more fun.

Found a snag with the DC. Not all of the bonuses included in the original DLC are built-in with it. Having an extra $10K is something I miss... at least with buying Praxis Kits. :p
I figured they'd have to balance the acquisition of praxis a bit with the inclusion of the dlc and with ng+... Otherwise you'd have nothing to unlock in ng+

I gotta say, I'm not too happy about having to play through the entire game again to then play through it a second time in New Game+. Was hoping that saves carried over... :(

I figured they'd have to balance the acquisition of praxis a bit with the inclusion of the dlc and with ng+... Otherwise you'd have nothing to unlock in ng+

Praxis Kit prices haven't changed ($5K). I'm just wondering how I'll do with the Missing Link section of the game before I get to the Omega Ranch...

Praxis Kit prices haven't changed ($5K). I'm just wondering how I'll do with the Missing Link section of the game before I get to the Omega Ranch...

Hmm then what's the point of NG+ going to be? Just playing the beginning portions with maxed out augmentations?

You'll be able to gain access to certain areas & upgrades earlier on w/o even being detected with NG+.

One thing to note - its kind of both a positive and a negative.

The DLC weapons from the Explosive Mission Pack (ie Grenade Launcher, Double Barrel Shotgun, RE-DED ) and the Tactical Enhancement Pack (Silenced lethal Sniper Rifle) are NOT automatically dropped in your inventory when you start the first "real" mission anymore. I'm told they're found throughout the game now. In a way, this saves you space in your inventory. However, it also means you won't have the "bonus" weapons/items as early as you used to.

The only thing I've not been able to find is where/when you get the $10,000 additional currency that used to come in the Tactical Enhancement Pack and was dropped into your inventory when you started the first real mission.. That is a really nice starting chunk of change to afford your first Praxis kits. Anyone know?

Lastly, for anyone just starting... once you get to the first "Real" mission - here's a tip. When you're in the helicopter with your boss, he'll ask you a couple of questions regarding how you want to handle the mission primarily, and these will depend on what weapon you start with. Lethal + Long Range = Combat Rifle . Lethal + Short Range = Revolver . Non-Lethal + Short Range = Stun Gun . Non-Lethal + Long Range = Tranquilizer Rifle. If you want to go the stealthiest possible way and get the most XP take the Tranq Rifle. Not only is it the most expensive and hard to find item otherwise out of the initial 4, it also means that now you'll be set for neutralizing the enemy and getting the most XP. If you can get close to them without being spotted? Use a non-lethal hand-to-hand takedown for maximum XP. If you need to thin them out farther away? A non-lethal (tranq rifle) headshot means only slightly less XP than the aforementioned takedown. These 2 techniques (or 3, when you can afford to get the Reflex Booster augment to allow you Double Takedowns) will end up getting the best XP rewards. Hope this help newcomers!

The MAIN thing I wish they added to this game was melee combat, more hand to hand combat, both stealth and lethal like in the original.

I never get why they took that out for this game and really hope they put it back in for hte next one.

The MAIN thing I wish they added to this game was melee combat, more hand to hand combat, both stealth and lethal like in the original.

I never get why they took that out for this game and really hope they put it back in for hte next one.

there is both hold Q if you want to kill people

After debating to buy this or not.. I finally bite the bullet and bought it for 5$ (I bought the game + Missing Link for like 5$ so..)

10$ to enjoy the full experience seems fair! ;)

After debating to buy this or not.. I finally bite the bullet and bought it for 5$ (I bought the game + Missing Link for like 5$ so..)

10$ to enjoy the full experience seems fair! ;)

Thats pretty much my thoughts on this as well. Im sure I will get way more than $10 worth of entertainment out of this game so its worth it to me.

I never actually completed the game, have the dlc, look forward to playing it the right way

Critical performance tweak for people suffering from stuttering/low FPS: I have a 3570K OC'd and a GTX 680 OC'd and was experiencing terrible performance with dips into the 30s on any setting. GPU utilization would sit around 20-30%. After this fix I've got full GPU utilization and 200+ fps with all settings maxed. Note if you did this tweak in the past for DXHR, you'll have to do it again for the Director's Cut because it has its own separate registry subfolders.

In REGEDIT:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
- Locate AllowJobStealing and set it to 0

For NVIDIA owners (In addition to above step)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
- Locate AtiForceFetch4 and set it to 0

This replay really has reignited my appreciation for this game and just how damned good it is. I really can't wait for the next one.

Critical performance tweak for people suffering from stuttering/low FPS: I have a 3570K OC'd and a GTX 680 OC'd and was experiencing terrible performance with dips into the 30s on any setting. GPU utilization would sit around 20-30%. After this fix I've got full GPU utilization and 200+ fps with all settings maxed. Note if you did this tweak in the past for DXHR, you'll have to do it again for the Director's Cut because it has its own separate registry subfolders.

In REGEDIT:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
- Locate AllowJobStealing and set it to 0

For NVIDIA owners (In addition to above step)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
- Locate AtiForceFetch4 and set it to 0

Thanks. I'll have to try this out. I've been getting way too much random slowdown.

Can anybody confirm if yes or no some textures are low Res in the DC version?

I highly doubt they've upgraded all the low-res textures from the original release.

If they have though, that'd be awesome. So many Post-It notes and papers i would be interested in reading.

Can anybody confirm if yes or no some textures are low Res in the DC version?

I haven't noticed any change in textures. I think the only changes were shadows/lighting (which honestly having not played the original in a long time, I haven't really noticed a difference in...)

I haven't noticed any change in textures. I think the only changes were shadows/lighting (which honestly having not played the original in a long time, I haven't really noticed a difference in...)

I can't link to the Steam forum right now, but there is discussion over there about the DC version using lesser Res textures than the original. I'll dig up the link when I get back to my comp.

its a mixed bag. a lot of the textures, example, clothing, look really good. Others, wall details, are very lacking. and some, like the sky, are banded which is absurd.

I have not explored the settings so some of these may be possible to change.

I was going to get this, but i think i'm going to hold off until it is a couple patches in. It's really odd that bugs that they had fixed with patches for the original game have made a return. It looks like people have hypothesized that an older build of the game was used to create the "directors cut" or they just ported the wii u version over to pc.

Did they ever fix the stuttering that would occur in the original via patch? I see that people have come up with a performance edit to registry to fix it, but it would be nice if they addressed it via patch( I haven't played this game sicne it first launched).

Last edited:
I was going to get this, but i think i'm going to hold off until it is a couple patches in. It's really odd that bugs that they had fixed with patches for the original game have made a return. It looks like people have hypothesized that an older build of the game was used to create the "directors cut" or they just ported the wii u version over to pc

wow that's terrible if true

wow thats bullshit
have the devs commented on this AT ALL
this needs to be fixed

Back