Official Deus Ex: Human Revolution thread

this game is playing like a tird on my i5 GTX 580 set up. I have tried setting everything low and it still chugs terribly whenever I move to a new area on the map or move the camera. Its pretty much unplayable I'm a getting really sensitive to it. I hope they sort this out as have heard similar complaints fro people with high spec machines that should be able to run this no problem. :(

No ammo problems here, I played through initially as silent takedowns but I moved up to using the silenced pistol, I guess if you're playing an all out head on character and you're spaying a lot then you'll have issues. I was just taking cover and leaning out, popping off a single shot to the head and leaning back in, quiet and efficient.

There's a new mod for deus ex 1 to emulate deus ex HR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o&feature=player_embedded#!

Brilliant!

No ammo problems here, I played through initially as silent takedowns but I moved up to using the silenced pistol, I guess if you're playing an all out head on character and you're spaying a lot then you'll have issues. I was just taking cover and leaning out, popping off a single shot to the head and leaning back in, quiet and efficient.

Headshots from a strong weapon are where it's at. Running and gunning is not a good way to play this at all IMO.

so I go to play DXHR today and WTF are these stupid fucking star wars ads on my loading screens for an immersive game that I paid 50 fucking bucks for? You stupid fuckers, way to screw over the people that actually paid you for your game, as if the in-game adverts weren't bad enough. Great way to endear yourself to the people that pay your salaries. Greedy jerkoffs.

Headshots from a strong weapon are where it's at. Running and gunning is not a good way to play this at all IMO.

Yeah, although I have to say I found a lot of ammo laying about, there's loads of secrets in the game if you take the time to explore, if you loot ammo from everywhere including off bodies, and then you also buy ammo from the merchants you'll have plenty to spray away with.

Yeah, although I have to say I found a lot of ammo laying about, there's loads of secrets in the game if you take the time to explore, if you loot ammo from everywhere including off bodies, and then you also buy ammo from the merchants you'll have plenty to spray away with.

Yup. I never had a moment in the game where I felt like I was in serious ammo trouble.

Yup. I never had a moment in the game where I felt like I was in serious ammo trouble.

Which is one thing that kind of troubled me, since I started by playing 100% stealth/less lethal. The abundance of ammo seemed to conflict with the whole game being designed around discretion.

Which is one thing that kind of troubled me, since I started by playing 100% stealth/less lethal. The abundance of ammo seemed to conflict with the whole game being designed around discretion.

The game all but begging and forcing you to go lethal especially when you run into sweet toys like that silenced sniper rifle or my beloved tricked out and silent 10mm.

I simply can't make myself stay non lethal for the entire game. I'll never get that achievement.

The game all but begging and forcing you to go lethal especially when you run into sweet toys like that silenced sniper rifle or my beloved tricked out and silent 10mm.

I simply can't make myself stay non lethal for the entire game. I'll never get that achievement.

Silenced sniper is awesome, last sniper rifle I recall being that awesome was the fold away one from Sin (the original Sin, not the failed remake)

I think the game is really based around choice, you can choose to go in guns blazing, it's faster and maybe easier but you'll need to prepare by getting enough ammo and stocking up on grenades and whatnot.

I suspect people struggling with ammo aren't finding anywhere near the full amount of secrets, there's absolutely loads of places to loot in the city hubs and plenty in the missions as well, side missions lead to an excess of credits which you can blow at the weapon merchants.

The endings rang true with the feel of the game, he talks about how many times he could have taken the easy way out (presumably blowing someones head off) but instead went out of your way to do the right thing.

I found myself roleplaying a lot, civilians only ever got silent takedowns in the few cases I needed them out the way, and near the end when the shit hits the fan I did a safe takedown on all civilians just for the sake of it.

so I go to play DXHR today and WTF are these stupid fucking star wars ads on my loading screens for an immersive game that I paid 50 fucking bucks for? You stupid fuckers, way to screw over the people that actually paid you for your game, as if the in-game adverts weren't bad enough. Great way to endear yourself to the people that pay your salaries. Greedy jerkoffs.

Wait, what?:confused:

I guess I'm confused because I never noticed any in-game ads... loading screens or otherwise.

Anyhow, I've been slowly creaking my way through the game on Give Me Deus Ex mode, and I finally got to what I presume is the last area with all of these
zombies
going nuts. I was completely and totally into the game and the conspiracy stuff until that happened. I don't know if the game is going to explain why numbnuts did that later on, but right now it just seems like an out of place gimmick.

Are we playing the same game? :confused:

Wait, what?:confused:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/15/star-wars-ads-find-their-way-into-deus-ex-human-revolution-load/

They apparently patched the game or something to put in an advertisment for Star Wars on Blu Ray to the loading screens in the game.

Don't worry, I'm sure that new DLC will be free since they are patching our games to throw ads at us which were unknown at the time of purchase. :rolleyes: I tolerate ads when they are in sports games or in environments when they seem in place (billboards in racing games). This, however, is totally different.

Also, Vader on Padme's death: "I didn't ask for this."

Ok sure, but when did these start? I can't see joystiq from work... :(

I didn't notice the ads at all last night (played until about 12:15 am central).

I've got 75 hours on my first playthrough so far, just left china for the first time. Maybe it's just me but i haven't been annoyed by the in-game advertisements, i don't really even notice them.

Where is this big star-wars add you're talking about? I haven't seen that either.

edit: and yea--if you take the time to explore, you are not going to want for anything in this game. I'm constantly having to leave shit behind. But you know what? That makes my next play-through even that more enticing, as there are loads of guns i haven't even fired.

Back when selling 50,000 copies of a game meant mainstream...

We also did shell out money to the devs when we bought the game. It is selling well.

In game ads need to stay in F2P games.

Agreed. If I have to suffer in game ads, I'm throwing DXHR out and never buying from Enix again. I paid for the game, take ads elsewhere.

Agreed. If I have to suffer in game ads, I'm throwing DXHR out and never buying from Enix again. I paid for the game, take ads elsewhere.

Meh. Ads don't bother me at all unless they're an unavoidable POP up that i have to press "skip" or something to continue. If you put real companies in games it makes it mire realistic to me. Rather than Buzz Cola or similar.

I never saw the star wars ad, but if it was on the loading screen that doesn't bother me either as ling as it doesn't interfere with the game in any way.

In theory, if developers make more money, they make more/better games. This obviously assumes some rich people aren't just pocketing any extra revenue, but To some extent it has to be true.

New update adds:

"The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu."

I'm impressed.

You pay when you go see a movie, and you still have to sit through the previews at the beginning. You pay for cable, but there are still plenty of ads on TV. The fact that you pay does not automatically mean that you will never see any advertisements. And honestly, I'm sure you can find plenty of real issues to complain about rather than something petty like this that has absolutely no effect on gameplay.

You pay when you go see a movie, and you still have to sit through the previews at the beginning. You pay for cable, but there are still plenty of ads on TV. The fact that you pay does not automatically mean that you will never see any advertisements. And honestly, I'm sure you can find plenty of real issues to complain about rather than something petty like this that has absolutely no effect on gameplay.

You can sit down in a theater after the previews and ads. I don't have cable TV. I also don't want to see Star Wars ads in a Deus Ex game. Imagine if Google could target ads into your game? Actually, we'll probably see this in the near future.

You can sit down in a theater after the previews and ads. I don't have cable TV.
That doesn't change the fact that the ads are still there, and by the same token, you can go do something else while the game is loading and come back later, or just not play the game at all. Nobody forced you into anything.

I can record TV to a DVR and skip the ads. As pointed out, I can walk into a theater 10 minutes late and skip the previews.

I cannot skip ads on the loading screen. If they want to fill my game with ads, I better damn well see prices drop, free DLC or something else.

Better, with TV and movies, I'm not paying for the product itself. I'm paying to go view it. When I buy it on DVD, no ads. When I rent a DVD, often ads are put before the menu.

See my point? Renting vs owning. Ads being in DXHR ARE NOT akin to ads in TV and movies. Ads in DXHR are more like ads somehow being injected in the middle of a DVD or BluRay movie that you're watching that you own.

That doesn't change the fact that the ads are still there, and by the same token, you can go do something else while the game is loading and come back later, or just not play the game at all. Nobody forced you into anything.

What are you smoking? Go do something else? No. I want fast load times so I can just keep playing. There's not enough time in the game to go visit the porcelain throne or grab a drink. It's enough time to fuck with the experience in game, be jarring, annoying and then drop me into the game.

you're right, so I'll just try to win by trying to insinuate I'm somehow better than you and you're angry.

Someone clearly doesn't remember what happened when people made posts about the yellow highlighting in DXHR being on, with no option to disable it.

Someone clearly doesn't remember what happened when people made posts about the yellow highlighting in DXHR being on, with no option to disable it.
Most people didn't care about that, and most people don't care about this either. However, there's a big difference between that situation and this one. The object highlighting actually has a gameplay impact, while this does not.

Most people didn't care about that, and most people don't care about this either. However, there's a big difference between that situation and this one. The object highlighting actually has a gameplay impact, while this does not.

So my point made a whooshing noise as it flew right past you, I take it?

Point is devs are listening. People complain, they are heard. If people do not complain, devs and publishers will think that people love the ads, and want some more.

I am so god damn sick and tired of people like you who keep complaining about people complaining.

Back