Official Debut of MSI AMD 9-Series Mainboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI, the world-renowned mainboard and graphics cards manufacturer, has officially launched their AMD 9-Series chipsets products: the 990FXA-GD80 and 990FXA-GD65 mainboards, supporting the latest AMD native octa-core AM3+ CPUs. The high-end 990FXA-GD80 mainboard has been equipped with MSI’s two outstanding award-winning technologies: Military Class II components with MIL-STD-810G Certification and OC Genie II one-touch overclocking technology. Complemented with a number of practical and convenient features, MSI 9-Series mainboards are enabled to satisfy the requirements of extreme overclockers, gaming enthusiasts and entry-level users alike.

Now how about those bulldozer benchmarks....

I am getting unpatient.
My servers need 16 gb ram and 6 cores (esx env) and my desktop can provide, I need something new, sandy can provide, but what if bulldozer is far better ?

Man that sucks. I was ok with having to wait a couple months but if they're still having performance issues after 2 years, kinda makes me not want to wait. Don't think I'll buy a new AM3+ board after all until BD actually comes out....or I might go back to Intel for the first time in 10 years.

Ugh...

Me thinks AMD is as usual a day late and a dollar short. If they had a winner on their hands we'd have seen numbers by now.

from what i hear the rumour started with a release sched, and that are new models, the planned models are not delayed (that also are rumors) both are based on leaked or fabricated scheds, but model numbers for the "delay" was set to august sept from the start.
speculations and rumours so far.
Nothing new! take it all with a grain of salt and wait til official statement, amd havent said anything, ES is out there, but carefully placed appearantly, cause there isnt any leaks... AAHHHRG, going mad about waiting the 1 month i've waited.

from what i hear the rumour started with a release sched, and that are new models, the planned models are not delayed (that also are rumors) both are based on leaked or fabricated scheds, but model numbers for the "delay" was set to august sept from the start.
speculations and rumours so far.
Nothing new! take it all with a grain of salt and wait til official statement, amd havent said anything, ES is out there, but carefully placed appearantly, cause there isnt any leaks... AAHHHRG, going mad about waiting the 1 month i've waited.

Understood but if bulldozer were the magic bullet it's been touted as I'd think AMD would be BEGGING a legitimate outlet to "leak" a few hard numbers.

Wouldn't they be better off to have a very polished debut, rather than the Intel motherboard fiasco ealier this year?
They may not "beat" Intel but they are going to offer compitition which is what we need for prices.
Besides waiting a little longer might give us a few +4ghz Phenom II X4 and X6s...:D

Understood but if bulldozer were the magic bullet it's been touted as I'd think AMD would be BEGGING a legitimate outlet to "leak" a few hard numbers.
Wha would be the point in that? Maybe AMD keeping things secret is a good thing.

If the Bulldozer arch doesn't perform very well, those same 'early leakers' would've posted some kind of info somewhere, just as if BD was able to fly past SB, we would've known, IF AMD wanted the information out either way.

Remember when the first gen Core 2 was leaked, Intel had to resort to a fire sale on Pentium 4s to clear the warehouse, because OEMs wanted to either wait on Core 2, or get Pentium 4s for extremely low prices. AMD may be controlling info, because they don't have the quantity of FX processors to supplement a fire sale on Athlon II/Phenom II parts.

I have looked all over MSI site that was linked and not a word about this board is posted...:confused:

Talk about anti climatic release.

I guess you could use one of these with Phenom II X6.

Back