Official BenQ FP241W Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

and whos panel is better LG S-PVA or AU P-MVA?

well they are similar, but also quite different technologies. Note, Samsung make PVA/S-PVA matrices, and P-MVA is a naming scheme normally used by AU for their MVA based technology. If you want to know a bit more about panel techs, then this might tell you more, but they are fairly comparable really in this instance (6ms Samsung S-PVA vs 6ms AUO P-MVA). The Samsung S-PVA is more widely used (Dell 2407WFP etc) so far so there is perhaps more info around about it. The P-MVA panel may offer smoother movie playback as it is a more suited technology for that use if the smaller size panels are an indication

No it runs fine. I have this monitor and I have hooked up my xbox360 via component/vga cable.

However, I find component is too dark but the colours are much more vibrant.
VGA on the other hand has washed out colours but brighter.
This is a general issue with xbox360's vga output.

Take your pick.

I find that the VGA does not work correctly on this monitor, even after the firmware update.

Microsoft botched up the 1080p over VGA for allot of TV's and monitors in their last update.

This blog post over at Major Nelson's site had over 500 comments from people with most of them being complaints about how the 1080p fix ruined their ability to get 1080p over VGA rather than fixing it.

My post there was:

Hi Major,

I still have an issue with my BenQ FP241W 1080p monitor.

When I select 1920 x 1080 on PAL60 and my monitor detects it as 1680 x 1050.

I was really hoping that this would fix the problem and others have posted similar issues here:

http://forums.xbox.com/7957355/ShowPost.aspx

Major Nelson finally updated his blog post by adding:

Edit: Apparantly some people have displays that are having issues with this update. This is being investigated.

I get 1080p fine over compnent but it reverts to 1080i when I use the HDDVD addon.

I really think this is an issue with the Microsoft update rather than the monitor itself.

I have read almost every post in this thread (pretty boring before December it was nothing but complaints about the 1:1 issue).

After reading the jan. 12 review on newegg... in fear of it going out of stock, I ordered the next day, Wednesday. My order was shipped the next day and arrived on Monday, yesterday.

It's a November model... however I don't know how I could send this baby away for more than a week... that's if I felt I needed the upgrade.

First thing I noticed is that this monitor has a heavy, sturdy stand, and a huge panel. It's one inch taller than my 19" 5:4 LG, but almost 7" wider. So widescreen content looks twice as big.

First I tested the component input. I plugged in my Comcast Motorola HD DVR set-top-box. It looked absolutely stunning 720p. Then I changed it to 1080i and I've never seen video that looked so clear and sharp. Movie theaters can't compare, and I haven't been to an IMAX but I bet it's even better than that, too.

So that looks great, then I tested it with my Xbox 360 through VGA. I had it on 1280x1024 for my previous monitor, and it was stretched horizontally... to be honest, I think horizontal stretching is much better than vertical, which is what I experienced with my 5:4 LG. So First I changed it to 1920x1080.

First, let me clear this up... 1080p though Xbox 360 VGA onto the BenQ 24" works perfectly, and looks unbelievably clear, stunningly sharp. However I don't have 1:1, but you can only tell when looking at perfect circles, and even then it's kinda hard. It's nothing compared to the stretching I used to get.

But games are only rendered in 720p so I changed it to 1280x768, which I believe is a 16:10 ratio. Everything cleared up even more and was the correct aspect ratio. So I popped in Gears of War. On my old monitor, gears of war had black bars on the top and bottom, but for some reason there are no black bars in 1280x768... it slightly stretched, but unnoticeable.

At first I was overwhelmed by the huge improvement in screen size and overall clarity. Now the challenge is actually beating the enemies, rather than trying to see them.

I have the monitor in the same place as my old one... about 4-5 feet away from my couch. I used to have to increase DPI's, lean foward to read text in games, etc. None of that is an issue with this monster of a panel. I wouldn't want it any bigger, unless I actually had a bigger room.

So basically, the only device I have that is not capable of widescreen, is my old computer and my PS2. And there are many PS2 games which support widescreen, and probably an update for my old graphics card to support a widescreen resolution.

And widescreen content is virtually impossible to detect stretching. It does not take away from the quality of the monitor, but it would be nice to have the option. So if you got the update, great, but if you don't... the BenQ tech guys are right, it is MINOR issue.

However I do have just one problem... one thing this monitor has that originally caught my attention... is it's HDCP capability. I couldn't use the DVI cable from my set-top-box to my old monitor, because of course it didn't support HDCP. Instead I had to use a component-to-VGA box.

After seeing how great the component input looks, I tried to test the DVI with HDCP. But... to my surprise, it said "HDCP authentication failed". It would display for half a second, then show 2 seconds of video noise, and repeat. I know it's not the cable... no I'm not using the BenQ cable. I'm using a $60 gold plated Belkin DVI cable, that's so thick it's almost inflexible. I tried going into my set-top box menu and saw a new option that let me choose between DVI and HDMI, and with HDMI it would let me choose how to output it, but my my box does not had HDMI-out... only DVI.

I haven't tried using the included DVI cable... and I don't have any other devices that use HDCP over DVI. It is possible this monitor only supports HDCP over HDMI? It's not a big issue for me... if the HDCP works for HDMI, then it will work with a PS3 and also I can ask comcast for a new HDMI set-top-box.

But other than a few minor issues... this is by far THE BEST purchase I have ever made, and never been more pleased by what my eyes see.

P-MVA and S-PVA both suffer from the same kind of issues really, which is accute contrast and colour differences as you move away from the perpendicular view of the screen. In practice, it's not really noticeable to many users at all,

It was immediately noticeable to me and I certainly don't like it. Doesn't matter in desktop usage but these are meant for movies too aren't they? You don't even have to move, the corners are brighter than the center (especially in dark scenes) because of angle issues

Please note it is kenny360's first post on this forum - he might work for BenQ, etc. It would be nice if they were paying attention to the issues, but i'd prefer if they didnt try to come on here and tell me what I want.

I notice stretching on my HDTV at home. Yes, it's not much, but I have a discerning eye and things like that are very noticeable and annoying to me.

This has been asked before but I haven't seen an answer: Do the new aspect ratio options work across ALL inputs? BrokenAnimator's pics were taken using the HDMI input, which is fine...but what about component, VGA and DVI?

If I use the VGA adapter from my xbox360 and plug it into this monitor, will it use 1080p? I thought VGA was max 720/1080i.

After following this thread for months, I'm finally going to join the fray. I want an updated FP241W!!

For those who have the firmware update: does the updated firmware support both 1:1 pixel mapping and aspect ratio scaling across all inputs? 1:1 pixel mapping would mean that a 480p image appears in the center of the screen. Aspect ratio scaling would mean that the 480p image is still 4:3 but is proportionally stretched to the top and bottom of the screen, with black bars on the left and right.

In either case, does the monitor correctly scale 480p widescreen? For 1:1 pixel mapping, that would mean small in the center of the screen, but not squished...where as for aspect ratio scaling, that would mean proportionally to 16:9 across the entire screen except for the black bars at top and bottom.

One post suggested that there are two new menu options (1:1 and Aspect), but when I called BenQ, the less-than-informative tech said that only 1:1 is supported. He did, however, reiterate the you-have-to-pay-for-shipping-both-ways policy.

I ordered one from Newegg yesterday. It shipped from the Tennessee warehouse this morning and should arrive by Thursday. I'll definitely keep you all posted.

First, let me clear this up... 1080p though Xbox 360 VGA onto the BenQ 24" works perfectly, and looks unbelievably clear, stunningly sharp. However I don't have 1:1, but you can only tell when looking at perfect circles, and even then it's kinda hard. It's nothing compared to the stretching I used to get.

Mine is far from this.

It could be because I have a PAL 360 but it appears washed out and, when I look up the information info, it says that the resolution is 1680 x 1050. Others get the same result as per the links I provided in the post above.

Component however does display the 360 in 1080p.

Well I found some of my answer back on page 91. This is a long thread!!

Still, I could not find my answer for non-1080p resolutions. And it sounds like 1080p assumes that the signal is 16:9 widescreen. That is probably a safe assumption for 1080p, but not for 480p, or for 480i through the composite/s-video inputs, or for any arbitrary resolution on the VGA or DVI connectors.

I just went over to the BenQ center in Irvine, CA (5 miles from my work) and had its firmware upgraded. Here's what I did:

1) Called BenQ
2) Got RMA number
3) Drove over to BenQ Irvine
4) Waited 15 minutes
5) Got my monitor back. :)

I was expecting it to take a few days, so imagine my surprise when they said 30 minutes. Which ended up being 15 minutes.

I can't test it right now since I'm at work. When I get home I'll post a detailed report including pictures. I have a PS3 on HDMI, X360 on VGA/Component, a laptop on DVI, and PS2 on S-Video. I'll test all inputs.

BTW, those who think the unupgraded monitor is displaying the X360 w/ VGA perfectly... this is not true. It's not only stretched, but setting it to 1920x1080 will output on the BenQ as 1680x1050. I'm not sure if the 1:1 update would fix this, or if it's something Microsoft has to fix on the 360.

What it's doing currently is displaying the whole image without stretching vertically. It's hard to explain. If you try to switch to VGA input when the 360 is in screensaver mode, you'll see that a lot of the display is cut off at the side. And if you bring up the OSD on the monitor, you'll see that it's displaying a full 1920x1080. This is werid, because it doesn't just stretch it vertically from 16:9 to 16:10 - it's stretching both vertically and horizontally. It keeps its 16:9 aspect ratio but as a result a third of the image is cut off at the side.

Whenever you switch to VGA input whenever your 360 is "alive", it will say "Nonpreset Mode" and display a 1680x1050 image (as shown on the OSD), stretched to 16:10 vertically.

I think the 1:1 firmware will fix this, since there won't be any stretching going on by the monitor - theoretically it should display that 1920x1080 image perfectly. X360 on component will display perfectly fine (minus stretching) as 1080p for games and 1080i for HD-DVDs (which is normal).

Man I hope the firmware update didn't wipe my calibration settings....

That is awesome that you live so close. Did you ask them how they did the update?

Id love to know how they do it. Please, someone who plans on getting the update find this out if you can.

I doubt a firmware update would wipe your settings. My LCD TV has been updated 2 times already (by me thanks to user upgradeable firmware) and I didnt lose mine.

In fact most firmware updates on devices I have done (Cameras, firewalls, routers, Xbox360, on and on) never wiped my settings.

I have the firmware update and this does not fix the issue of a 1680x1050 image on a 360 if the resolution is set to 1920x1080 on the 360.

I've tried:

- "Full" (which is a full screen image however the infomation screen says it's a resolution of 1680x1050)
- "1:1" (which has the image in a window with black bars around the whole image and the info screen says it's a resolution of 1680x1050)
- "Aspect" (same result as "Full").

Bah!

Well, at least its good to know MS acknowledges the problem.

I have no clue how they updated the firmware, I was just happy it was done and done fast.

I've also got one on order from NCIX... Although it seems to be stuck in their product availability stage (they have them in stock, so I hope they don't go out of stock)...

I'm concerned with the DVI issue people are talking about... When you get your--or when anybody gets their monitor from NCIX--monitor, can you let us know if you have DVI issues?

Thanks in advance... I'll post if I get mine before that...

Gridneo, I've been reading this forum for 3 weeks and finally couldn't take it anymore...ordered my also from NCIX last night. Also stuck in the product availability stage...maybe they're installing the fix :)

Same concern on the DVI...I have the 9700 pro like somebody previously and they said it did not work after the fix (not sure if it worked before the fix.)

I agree. I ended up doing a lot of measuring, and talked my wife into the idea that 37" wasn't too huge...

Why does this sound like a typical guy thing! Yeah I can see that discussion now:

"It's not too big baby"

"Well, I don't know. It's kinda large. I'm not sure it will fit".

"Just give it a chance. Let me slip it in for a few seconds to show you..."

LOL! :D

Ok I got my RMA and I am going to ship my monitor down to Irvine tomorrow. Now I am curious, what calibration program/ utillity do you guys use? I used to use the software only one that comes with photoshop but that doesnt seem to work well with this monitor. I do alot of graphic stuff so is it worth it to get calibration equipment?

Gridneo, I've been reading this forum for 3 weeks and finally couldn't take it anymore...ordered my also from NCIX last night. Also stuck in the product availability stage...maybe they're installing the fix :)

Same concern on the DVI...I have the 9700 pro like somebody previously and they said it did not work after the fix (not sure if it worked before the fix.)

Just a quick update, I contacted BenQ about the DVI input on the monitor no longer working after the firmware update, and they are picking it up and FedEx'ing it to the same place that did the upgrade to try and fix the port.

I thought it might have been something to do with my video card's DVI-out port not sending a signal out at all, but I used a DVI -> VGA converter, and hooked it up to the monitor's VGA port and it worked fine, so it's definitely something they messed up with the monitor's DVI input. I also doubt it's the DVI cable unless DVI cable that was working before the firmware broke itself while sitting on my desk doing nothing (unlikely.)

And in response to your comment, yes the DVI port worked fine with the 9700pro before the firmware upgrade, and as you read above, it no longer works. They somehow managed to break my DVI input during the firmware upgrade process...?

I live in Mountain View, CA - has anyone gotten their firmware updated around here? I dont want to have to pay 60 dollars in shipping (I'd rather just order from Canada)

Like a lot of people in past replies, can someone with the updated fp241w tell us if the 1:1 works correctly with all the inputs, also does it work it a 4:3 ration(black bars on the sides instead of top/bottom).

Does the update from NCIX void the warranty?
Someone said HDCP didn't work for him over the DVI, can someone with a HDCP component try it please via DVI (with a hdmi to dvi cable if it doesn't have dvi output...)

Thanks!

New newegg promo, for anyone interested ($719.99 shipped). Sorry to anyone who just bought this over the past couple of days.

Seems like the prices on these monitors are getting ready to take nice plunge in our favor. This monitor has been steadily moving down towards the $700 mark; the Gateway is under $600 at Circuit City with rebate, I saw the Acer AL2416Wd for around $550 shipped (don't remember where offhand). Although there's a nice price on this at Newegg, I'm not sure that now is a very good time to buy this monitor. There's still the issue of not getting the updated firmware, but aside from that, it seems like competition is already pushing down prices of the monitors currently available, and this should only get better as the recently announced monitors go on the market. We've already seen several fairly good monitors dropping below the $650 or even $600 mark, it makes me wonder how long it will be before this one joins the others.

Hopefully the 24 inchers will soon occupy the sweet price point that the 22's currently have. :) Waiting definitely sucks, but I have a feeling that if I buy this now I'll be kicking myself in a couple months...

Like a lot of people in past replies, can someone with the updated fp241w tell us if the 1:1 works correctly with all the inputs, also does it work it a 4:3 ration(black bars on the sides instead of top/bottom).

Does the update from NCIX void the warranty?
Someone said HDCP didn't work for him over the DVI, can someone with a HDCP component try it please via DVI (with a hdmi to dvi cable if it doesn't have dvi output...)

Thanks!

Nope it works.
Connected my PS3 via HDMI and HDMI-DVI cable.

I live in Mountain View, CA - has anyone gotten their firmware updated around here? I dont want to have to pay 60 dollars in shipping (I'd rather just order from Canada)

You might as well order it from canada. The tax in CA kills the deal for Newegg. With the zero dead pixel coverage and insurance on the package its still cheaper than Newegg. Actually depends on what Newegg is selling it for. at 799 its cheaper in canada and at 769 its almost the same.

You might as well order it from canada. The tax in CA kills the deal for Newegg. With the zero dead pixel coverage and insurance on the package its still cheaper than Newegg. Actually depends on what Newegg is selling it for. at 799 its cheaper in canada and at 769 its almost the same.

Newegg just started a promotion at $720, so with sales tax it would be $780.

NCIX it's $760, with 35 dollars shipping, making it $795, and I can get the pixel policy for $33, putting it at $828

So dead pixel policy for $48 dollars? I guess I also get a good RMA policy too. Newegg used to be the place to get electronix, but NCIX seems to do a better job for the customer.

Hey guys, well first off gotta send serious shout outs to every one who has come on here and give an opinion about this serious piece of hardware. From the informative to the minor gripes to the all out bitching, its forums and comments, (nit picking and all) like this that give people like me a very clear understanding as to how good or bad hardware like this really is.

So Ive been following this forum since it was in the page 30's and been putting off getting this monitor because of the whole 1:1 issue, and at one point was beginning to get turned off by how BenQ was handling the whole thing. Now mind you, even if its not an extremely big issue to me personally, i still feel that if im gonna be paying all this money for something like this, why should it not be all its suppose to be and thensome. But all in all i guess they came around in time. Finally my hopes came thrusting back when i heard about what the awesome ppl over at Ncix were doing and decided to check out the website for myself and was very pleased with what i read and even going as far as updating the firmware themselves to meet the demands of the customers, now thats what i call MAJOR SERVICE! (take note other retailers ie. Newegg):p And not to mention their whole dead pixel offering, the best ive seen on a monitor like this anywhere! Was pleased to see they shipped to the US, but didn't accept payment via credit cards from the US, so thankfully i had a pre-existing account with paypal, and easy as pie i went ahead and placed my order yesterday morning (1/23/07). I was even more impressed that my order was processed, verified and was shipped the same day and got my email confirmation with tracking no. right away. Now i know i read where a couple of you guys on here that placed orders with Ncix as well, their orders were still not completed as yet, now here's hoping that with my getting out the gate so fast the firmware had already been applied and was just waiting to be ordered;)

Now with all that said, im awaiting its arrival and anticipating taking this beautiful piece of hardware out the packaging and feeling like a kid with a new toy. I'll definitely come back when i get it in hand and had a chance to take it thru a few paces, to give my own comments and feedback.

Thanks again guys!!!

If you have made any orders from NCIX and they haven't been processed yet (more than two days from the time you made the order), please send them a priority ticket.

To do so, please visit https://secure.ncix.com/message/index.php?dept=2 . Make sure you're logged in (if you don't have an account, simply sign up). For fast response, be sure you select your ticket to be a Priority Service (its in the drop down box on the ticket creation page).

NCIX sells to the USA because the market there is much larger than that in Canada, and it's a good source for extra business. NewEgg doesn't need to service Canada because of the strong USA market, and it is simply just a hassle that doesn't need to be done.

If you guys need any help or information about NCIX stuff, my name on the forums there is Shane C - Systm, and I am a veteran member of their community and a long time buyer, so feel free to ask any questions, I will answer as many as possible.

If you have made any orders from NCIX and they haven't been processed yet (more than two days from the time you made the order), please send them a priority ticket.

Appreciate the help Mysticode. I placed my order last night and it went out today around 1:30pm. I am very pleased with NCIX service so far...

Also, a big thanks :D to all who have spent the time to post their research and enlighten us on this monitor...the help has really been invaluable and helped me clear up a lot of questions on which monitor to choose...

For those in the UK; i received an email from BenQ today (which I wasnt expected them to do) notifying me that the 1:1 pixel mapping fix is now available and to contact them if i want to start the process.

In the email they said they collect the item, repair it and return it, with no mention of additional cost to myself. I also made them aware of the problem with my DVI which I mentioned previously so hopefully that will get fixed as well if it isnt already addressed.

I been unsure to choose this monitor for some reasons. I read alot good and some bad about it. Soo the choice for me now stand between FP241w and Samsung 215TW.

The choice i will end up with will be used for 3d design / photoshop and programming / web work.

Its going to be used at home, at late nights (dark room) and are worried about the strong brightness of the BenQ. I already use a PVA at work and i love its picture quality.

The 215TW seems expensive and FP241w cheap for its size. The 215TW multimedia gimics with the uggly speaker is a stumic turner and the plastic design of it sucks too.

The brightness of FP241w scares me, will my eyes sore when use it for reading text/programming? Could i adjust it in a way that it still looks good without loss of picture quality? But the bigger size must be a big plus.

Help me out! Would i regret buying FP241w over the 215TW?

You guys that have it already, and use it for simular stuff as i would, what do you have to say about it? Thumbs up or down????

New newegg promo, for anyone interested ($719.99 shipped). Sorry to anyone who just bought this over the past couple of days.

Seems like the prices on these monitors are getting ready to take nice plunge in our favor. This monitor has been steadily moving down towards the $700 mark; the Gateway is under $600 at Circuit City with rebate, I saw the Acer AL2416Wd for around $550 shipped (don't remember where offhand). Although there's a nice price on this at Newegg, I'm not sure that now is a very good time to buy this monitor. There's still the issue of not getting the updated firmware, but aside from that, it seems like competition is already pushing down prices of the monitors currently available, and this should only get better as the recently announced monitors go on the market. We've already seen several fairly good monitors dropping below the $650 or even $600 mark, it makes me wonder how long it will be before this one joins the others.

Hopefully the 24 inchers will soon occupy the sweet price point that the 22's currently have. :) Waiting definitely sucks, but I have a feeling that if I buy this now I'll be kicking myself in a couple months...

I don't think Newegg will offer the 24 at all with the fix - I think that they're clearing out the old stock to make room for the new higher priced Z model.

Not a fact - just my opinion - a gut feeling.

Whew. Lot's of good stuff in here though, so it was well worth it to read all 2150+ posts. Anyway, it's time for me to rebuild my desktop system. I will be getting an nVidia 8800GTX card, the ram and cpu to power it, and I need a new monitor to replace my 12 year old 17" POS CRT. I also have a Dell 9300 inspiron laptop (it has a 17" widescreen monitor) and it has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 (or is it 1200?). So I have some experience with LCDs, which brings me to my question.

The main reason I want a new desktop system is so I can edit my RAW files acceptably (Canon digital Rebel XT). The laptop is fine, except when it comes to printing the pictures. The pictures do not look like they do on my laptop. So I bought a Monaco Optix Pro colorimeter since it was reputed to work well with LCDs and laptops, tried calibrating my lappy...and got worse results. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm also sure it's not easy to do with a laptop. So time to rebuild my desktop.

If I'm going to drop a wad of cash on a new desktop monitor, I want flexibility to last into the future. Thus, it has to have HDCP compliance, I want the ability to do 1080p, and I like the widescreen aspect for gaming (my second favorite use). I've read plenty here to assuage all my fears about gaming, DVD watching (after the 1:1 fix that is), word processing and spreadsheet manipulation. What I'm still unclear of is how good this monitor is for photoshopping. So if any of you would be so kind....

1. Is this P-MVA panel sufficient for getting accurate color in your pictures? dpreview.com folks insist I need an S-IPS panel and there just aren't many of those in the 23-26" widescreen size. And besides, all research I have done says that P-MVA panels are like the 3rd worst for color saturation, viewing angle, and gamma (behind S-IPS and S-PVA).

2. After calibration, how good of a delta-E do you get?

3. What colorimeter did you use to calibrate it?

and finally, although this isn't related to photoediting,

4. Are there still issues with the 8800 GTX series cards? I've read here where the GTX cards set to output a 1920 x 1200 via DVI signal don't get displayed on this monitor. Huge negative if true.

Oh, and thanks to everyone. Great forum, great thread.

Hehe... Mine shipped last night after wondering why it was chilling in availability limbo (I sent them a trouble ticket, so you never know, that could have put me up in the queue)... You gotta give them a little time to upgrade the firmware... If you're in the US, they ship it via a Canadian courier to the border, then USPS from there I think, and I have no idea how long that shipping takes... I got a tracking number through the Canadian courier, but a lot of good that does mean once it reaches the border...

I paid $869 US for this monitor... Dead pixel and Shipping... I honestly don't care that NewEgg is selling it for $720 now, since they said they'd send me an email update on their stock last week... I'm excited to all hell... I'm actually working on getting a replacement table to put this badboy on... We'll see...

w00t!?!

i should be getting mine today, i'll keep y'all posted if it has the fix or not :)
i wouldnt be able to say if all the component inputs will work, as i dont/wont use them all.

Just tried calling BenQ Canada
"Our officed are closed our business hours are Mon-fri 8-5."
couldn't even get an operator.

Just got my monitor today from NCIX. The packag had this claimer on the top of the box

"NCIX.com is now offering a free upgrade to BenQ's award winning FP241W 24" LCD monitor. This upgrade further enhances your gaming and movie viewing experience by ensuring optimal image quality with all sources. In order for this upgrade to be performed, this monitor's firmware has been updated by our technicians. In order for this upgrade to implemented, your monitor has been removed from its original packaging. After the update was applied to your monitor and verified, it was immediately repackaged in its original factory packaging and returned to our inventory.

This free upgrade adds a new menu option under s the Display Mode sub-menu. A new 1:1 selection is now available, which allows for 1:1 pixel mapping of your input source. This new option allows any incoming signal to be displayed at its native resolution without scaling the image, thereby maximizing detail and sharpness while avoiding any distortion of the image.

16:9 aspect ratio signals such as those from DVD players or video games consoles are normally vertically stretched to fill the taller 16:10 aspect ration of a wide screen pc monitor. By using this new 1:1 option, you can be sure that any source that is displayed on your monitor will be reproduced with maximum quality by avoiding this vertical stretch, and maintaining the original aspect ration of your source. "

Fantastic quality. No dead pixel. Took only three days to arrive from Canada to United States.

Back