Official BenQ FP241W Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

rabhw said:
I've already ordered mine from NCIX.com, my order status has everything complete except "shipped". One of the steps that is completed is "Product Availability" so I'm expecting it to ship pretty soon. I'll keep you guys posted, take pics if you want, etc.
That would be great!

If it falls at around 800 dollars range then it will be totally worth it.

All i want is a 24 inch that has working inputs.

Alpine44 said:
wow that review was flawless!

This review does not tell us anything new !! anyone could have written this :mad:
It's like this review was written by BenQ's marketing team, hahaha !!

It's only telling us that the monitor is perfect. Flaws ? NONE !

With all the hype about flaws of the 2407, he could have taken some screenshots of the banding tests or talk about how games and movies look like.... and what about the inputs ? is component as crappy as the 2407 ? This review is a joke.
I guess we'll have to wait untill tomorrow :(

TrustedReview ... NOT !!! :p

DeftonesXP said:
This review does not tell us anything new !! anyone could have written this :mad:
It's like this review was written by BenQ's marketing team, hahaha !!

It's only telling us that the monitor is perfect. Flaws ? NONE !

With all the hype about flaws of the 2407, he could have taken some screenshots of the banding tests or talk about how games and movies look like.... and what about the inputs ? is component as crappy as the 2407 ? This review is a joke.

TrustedReview ... NOT !!! :p

QFT. I expected pictures of banding tests, gradiants, etc.. instead i got the 'this monitor is excellent ' everywhere in the article. Need more pictures and details.

DeftonesXP said:

Sorry but may I ask what's happening tomorrow? Is that the release of the monitor? I am kind of anxious to hear some more, so far it sounds like this monitor is right up my alley.

Stupid question...if you pre-purchase the monitor @ NCIX for 885 USD, and its released, if the price raises or lowers, do you get a refund or have to pay the difference, respectively? For example, if its released and benq told NCIX to charge 100 more than they are selling it for, would ncix not ship until the 100 is paid by you? or would they ship either way?

I would think that you do not have to pay more or less if the price changes. You bought it under those conditions, I don't think they'd suddenly change the conditions and expect you to make up the difference, nor would they refund the difference.

huh isn’t this monitor suppose to be all black? Now I won’t buy it because its not all black, my whole pc setup is black; damn.

DeftonesXP said:
Indeed, the monitor is supposed to be available on the 15th... but it's written 19th on some other pages.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=19235&vpn=FP241W&manufacture=BENQ

Please rabhw, take some shots of it as soon as you receive it ! thanks ;)

I certainly will, I'm quite excited.

Also, for people unhappy with the lack of banding and gradient tests from the TrustedReviews site, the review in Chinese (a couple threads down from here), has a very large number of tests with no problems that I could see.

Links:
Colour Test 1
Gradient Test 1

I contacted NCIX about an updated ETA, and they maintained that they expect them in tomorrow the 15th.

Expect a fairly in-depth review from me whenever I recieve mine.

Thanks for the link rabhw !!
Let see how google can translate this :confused:

I'm eager so see that review of yours ! :D

Beucase I have a checking account linkned to paypal. (its new for me) And im going to put in the amount of funds I need for the monitor. (plus on top of it, thats ALL i have :p) If they want like another 100 or so becuase the price increased, then thats messed up as then I couldnt afford it. Hopefully if i pre-order it, itll stay the same.

As far as the gradiant and color tests go, the gradiants looked perfect. The color tests looked perfect except for the green. Youll notice the green is darker on the left, top and bottom edges. Im not THAT pick and anal, but that definitely will not deter me from purchasing this monitor.

I am Canadian, and because NCIX is out of the province I am living in, I only have to pay 6% tax rather than the 15% I would have had to pay if I had ordered from TigerDirect.

NCIX for the win!

The reason was becuase NCIX has a better reputation than buy.com. Ive read stories about how buy.com screws people and rather go with NCIX.

I like NCIX for their great service, but sometime shipping packaging really sucks, especially during the "5$ only shipping special for orders of 100lbs or less" : had some broken items :(
(at least they got a good RMA system). Besides that, they rock !

I'm in the same situation as rabhw for the taxes... but ground shipping sucks when you are at the other end of the country :rolleyes:

I guess they call their reviews "Trusted Reviews" because they don't provide any data. You just have to trust their opinion...:p Their review is glowing but pretty much worthless without data.

Regarding Buy.com, I will NEVER buy from them again. They have terrible tech support. I ordered a game from them once and they sent the strategy guide. There was NO WAY to contact a human. Only automated hell with no options for my problem (return and get refund/exchange). So I just told my credit card company it never arrived and threw the useless book away.

Buy.com is terrible. You don't want to buy something as important as a monitor from these jerks.

So what is this...I hear on sites its a special request from the manufacturer that takes 1-2 weeks?! wtf is up with that...why cant they have any directly in stock and ship same day? Are there any sites out there that will carry them in stock and ship same day?

whoster69 said:
I guess they call their reviews "Trusted Reviews" because they don't provide any data. You just have to trust their opinion...:p Their review is glowing but pretty much worthless without data.

Regarding Buy.com, I will NEVER buy from them again. They have terrible tech support. I ordered a game from them once and they sent the strategy guide. There was NO WAY to contact a human. Only automated hell with no options for my problem (return and get refund/exchange). So I just told my credit card company it never arrived and threw the useless book away.

Buy.com is terrible. You don't want to buy something as important as a monitor from these jerks.

i ordered a sony cpd-g400 from buy.com like 6 years ago. the one they sent got broken in transit. they said they were going to send me a return label, but it didn't come. i called them and told them to send me another one, and send me a new monitor with it, and when i got the return label i'd send my broken one back. so, a new monitor came, and i sent the broken one back. then when they got the broken one back they sent me a 2nd monitor. I didn't tell them about it, but that seems like decent service to me.

Well, I finally caved in and took the credit card out for a jog and picked up this monitor from tigerdirect.ca.

First word of warning is that although tigerdirect says it ships in 24 hours on their site, this is not true at all. From what I can gather, this is shipping directly from the distributor, not from tigerdirect, so my order says to expect it within 7-12 days. Not a huge deal, but a bit misleading.

It might have been a bit cheaper to wait, but that is always the case with electronics, and well, I want it now. I do think that there is still a large element of risk in buying this monitor right now. I noticed the little words 'not returnable' appear on my tigerdirect order, which is very interesting. The good news there is that Benq has 30 day DOA policy.

DirectCanada has a lower price, but you also cannot order from them, so that isn't a true comparison. Don't be surprised if a different price shows up once they actually have them in stock.

So what is the concensus on the Benq? I want a 24" monitor and started looking at the Dell but they seemed to have ruined the 2407W with all the bugs.

With all the upcoming releases of 24" monitors, is it worth waiting until christmas when a nice little price war should have broken out!

Hi everyone this is my first post although ive been reading these forums for a long time, so plz if I do something wrong, don't ban me i just waited 2 hours for my confirmation email lol.

ANYCASE since this is the official Benq fp241w thread and there hasn't been any good reviews except for the chinese one that was totally screwed up by Babel Fish!!! So to contribute I translated it using another method and im pleased to annouce that it's a more than fair translation now. http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...search?q=http://www.it.com.cn/&hl=en&lr=&sa=G I apologize if the link doesn't work plz just ask and I'll repost.

P.S. i did this coz the Trustedreviews review is basically pointless and some out there will agree.

er, thanks for the review but it is still all in another language for me! How were you going to get it into english?

i did that site on my thread
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1098283

a lot of people think Babel Fish may not help.
i just can say "have a review which you can guass always is better than nothing"

i am also waiting for more reviews which had input lag test and ghost test.

by the way, this monitor sell 1,258.84usd in China which is at least $200 to $300 usd more compare with here.

Sry guys I apologize, there's seems to be a little workaround you need to follow, Im gonna give a step by step thingy, here we go :

1. google "http://www.it.com.cn/" ( without the " " )
2. choose translate the very 1st post that comes up
3. after the page loaded/translated choose the "Display" section at the very top of the page
4. scroll down a little to a frame on the right that says "Key articles"
5. the very 1st post under that heading will be the Benq's review
6. voila yur done enjoy some good old fashion english, lol

sry again it worked fine on my my machine until i posted it and used my own link
P.S. DON'T use Firefox coz there's weird popups over some of the text rather use IE it displays the review 100% enjoy!

Im also waiting for more reviews, i guess they'll start rollin in coz the screen got shipped today.

Anycase both the chinese and the trustedreview site reviewed the normal BenQ fp241w there's suppose to be a second version called the fp241wZ, the Z edition so to speak will be the more expensive one of the 2 coz it has that new technology built in where they replace a normal frame with a blank fram to further minimize ghost ect.

That sorta concerns me coz that one has\hasn't been released??? anyone know whats cookin with that version of the screen? It seems like the normal fp241w does not have that tech and well, i want it!!!

Also when will that screen be reviewed, it seems like whe've been waiting forever for the BenQ to get released and now we've gotta wait some more??? anyone?

blackseed said:
DirectCanada has a lower price, but you also cannot order from them, so that isn't a true comparison. Don't be surprised if a different price shows up once they actually have them in stock.

You can't order it yet because it's not in stock. Once they have it in stock, I'm sure you can order it.

I'm pretty sure TigerDirect doesn't have it in stock either even though they say they do.

Ok, so its the 16th...where are the monitors at? I wanna get one but I dont want to get it from a not well known site and have to have them special order it and me wait another 1-2 weeks for it. I want a site that will have it in stock and ship same day. When will stores carry them? Mwave says 9-16 while NCIX says 9-15

I've contacted NCIX twice over the past week and they insisted both times that it would still be coming in on the 15th (yesterday), and that they expected enough of them to come in to fulfill any backorders as well as new orders coming in.

:( Hopefully they'll arrive soon. It's a bit disconcerting that they've already charged my creditcard for almost 1200 dollars and I still don't have any idea when I'll be getting it.

rabhw said:
I've contacted NCIX twice over the past week and they insisted both times that it would still be coming in on the 15th (yesterday), and that they expected enough of them to come in to fulfill any backorders as well as new orders coming in.

:( Hopefully they'll arrive soon. It's a bit disconcerting that they've already charged my creditcard for almost 1200 dollars and I still don't have any idea when I'll be getting it.

Did you order more than one? or that and other things? Or did they just rip you off? lol

As far as them coming...they said that they would fulfill orders taken on their site at the moment? correct? as well as all the backorders?

Response from them on the 8th:

Hi Ross, unfortunately we still have not received our shipment of the BenQ FP241W 24IN Wide LCD Black 6MS 1920X1200 1080P 800:1 300CDM VGA HDMI Pivot DVI-D W/ DVI Monitor yet, we do not have an update eta listed yet either. I cannot disclose any specific numbers, but if you were to order one, I would expect our shipment to be able to cover the existing backorders, and any new orders. Thanks =)

Response from them on the 13th:

Hi Ross,
The ETA has not changed it looks like it is the 15th.

I only ordered one (I bought the zero pixel insurance upgrade as well as shipping insurance).

Total was 1107.10 CDN. I guess I was a little overzealous with my 1200 estimate.

I've ordered from them over 20 times before so I'm not worried about NCIX's reliability, rather I just wish I knew a more accurate status of their shipment.

Back