Official BenQ FP241W Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

DangerIsGo said:
NCIX just changed their ETA from 1st week of october to late november. Mwave still has on 9-30, keenzo is still on 9/30, sparco is still on 9-30 too...WTF is going on?

Wow... you would think that at some point, after the date has slipped 4 or 5 times, that they would just stop claiming to know when it will be in stock. :rolleyes:

I fully expect to get to late November and then find out that it won't be for sale until "Q1 2007".

I know that it sucks that NCIX doesn't have it on sale yet. I want one but paying a grand for a monitor is alot for me.

Same here, and considering my last monitors lived 4 to 7 years, I am willing to wait 1 or 2 months for a good product....

Is there any info on when the Z model is going to be released? That BFI technology looks promising.

According to TFT Central it is the same AU P-MVA panel that is in the Acer AL2423. So it's like the Acer with HDMI and a nicer bezel. The Benq 'Z' model also has Black Frame Insertion (BFI) to reduce blur.
Same lack of 1:1 pixel mapping though - d'oh! Only really a concern for non-PC inputs.

sethk said:
According to TFT Central it is the same AU P-MVA panel that is in the Acer AL2423. So it's like the Acer with HDMI and a nicer bezel. The Benq 'Z' model also has Black Frame Insertion (BFI) to reduce blur.
Same lack of 1:1 pixel mapping though - d'oh! Only really a concern for non-PC inputs.
What does that really mean anyway -1:1 pixel maping??

The Benq 'Z' model also has Black Frame Insertion (BFI) to reduce blur.
From these Chinese reviews it looks like non-PC input has proper aspect ratio (e.g. XBOX 1080i has black bars at the bottom and the top). I hope it's right, otherwise its another 24'' with useless inputs other than DVI.

sethk said:
Hope BFI actually does something, because the blur on the Acer was really bad.

Just bought it!! Thank you for the link! I wanted to get it from a place that Ive come to trust and love with my money rather than some other site that im not too sure about. THanks again! Ill be the guinea pig and test it out when I get it. My order should be shipped out tomorrow, and since I live near the warehouse, I should get it thursday. Ill have the review then!

DangerIsGo said:
Just bought it!! Thank you for the link! I wanted to get it from a place that Ive come to trust and love with my money rather than some other site that im not too sure about. THanks again! Ill be the guinea pig and test it out when I get it. My order should be shipped out tomorrow, and since I live near the warehouse, I should get it thursday. Ill have the review then!

Congrats.... we all eagerly await your feedback :)

DangerIsGo said:

I'm looking forward to your review as well. Since I can't get the Westinghouse 37" shipped to me, I may just have to settle for this Benq.

How is the Westinghouse LVM-37w3 compared to this in terms of photo editing? I like the idea of a 37", but I prefer to have my money spent on something that would give me exact colors. I don't play much games but do add hrs of cs:source when I'm stumped of ideas.

Your lucky, as I thought I brought my camera home but I did leave it at school! Yes I will get pics, lots and lots of em, once I get it. Its still in step 1 @ Newegg.

Groto said:
im not sure if its glossy or not

God I hope not.

The glossy coating is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen on an LCD. I can't stand the glare off those damned glossy displays.

Dan_D said:
God I hope not.

The glossy coating is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen on an LCD. I can't stand the glare off those damned glossy displays.
Seems to make the picture much more vibrant imho.

i agree. glossy is good. colors look so much better than that dull matte coat.

If theres too much glare, do something about your lighting conditions then!

Thanks for the warranty link. I'm trying to decide between this monitor and the Dell. Mostly a gamer trying to give up my 21" Sony Crt. Is lag a real hardship? I would hate to make a $800 mistake. :eek:

menace2society said:
Thanks for the warranty link. I'm trying to decide between this monitor and the Dell. Mostly a gamer trying to give up my 21" Sony Crt. Is lag a real hardship? I would hate to make a $800 mistake. :eek:
Try to call Dell, just once. Call their technical support to say you have a problem with a monitor. After being put on hold several times, being hung up on , getting so called "techs" who have no idea what they are talking about, getting transferred several times all this after waiting on hold forever I'm fairly certain you will get the BENQ. Besides its a better monitoe anyways, as leat in specs.

Puterguru said:
Try to call Dell, just once. Call their technical support to say you have a problem with a monitor. After being put on hold several times, being hung up on , getting so called "techs" who have no idea what they are talking about, getting transferred several times all this after waiting on hold forever I'm fairly certain you will get the BENQ. Besides its a better monitoe anyways, as leat in specs.

I think ultimately we need to wait and see what the BenQ monitor really is like. Specs are pretty worthless in general.

Dells support is pretty useless. Its all overseas...no offense, im sure they are great people, but as far as the 'support' part...its definitly isnt up to par. As far as mine, its still on step 3...odd since they are usually fast. itll prob be shipped tomorrow which means, ill get it hoepfully thursday. if not, youll have to wait till sunday for a review. While were waiting for it to come, can you guys give me tests to run (I dont know where to find em) for the monitor like color tests and gradiant tests? Thanks.

I'm waiting eagerly for the upcoming review. I almost jumped on this until I heard about the FP241WZ.

Anyways, did you guys know this BenQ FP241W giveaway for the US was going on? I wish I had known. :(

Contest Winners

Notice numbers 5), 6), and 29). Are the people running the contest so oblivious?

pNin01 said:
I'm waiting eagerly for the upcoming review. I almost jumped on this until I heard about the FP241WZ.

Anyways, did you guys know this BenQ FP241W giveaway for the US was going on? I wish I had known. :(

Contest Winners

Notice numbers 5), 6), and 29). Are the people running the contest so oblivious?

wow, that guy got 3 of them...

off to ebay for the other 2..

Meh about the Z. If I love the W, why bother with the WZ if all it offers is a few more perks? Besides, god knows when its coming out.

DangerIsGo said:
Meh about the Z. If I love the W, why bother with the WZ if all it offers is a few more perks? Besides, god knows when its coming out.
Well, I'm not in a huge hurry to buy one, so I'll wait to see if the perks are worth it or not. If it really fixes the ghosting problem it will be worth it.

Back