Official BenQ FP241W Thread !!! Info, Pictures, Reviews

rabhw said:
I only ordered one (I bought the zero pixel insurance upgrade as well as shipping insurance).
Zero Pixel insurance? How does it work? How much was it?

Thanks.

I read about that when almost going to place my order. Its like a special thing with NCIX. if you have ANY dead pixels, you can return it for a replacement, and you get full insurance AND you get a special RMA procedure too i believe...where you go ahead of the regular people waiting on RMAs. Meh if you ask me.

Ok so the 16th is officially over...where the hell are these babies? I wanna place an order for one IN STOCK and not have to wait 1-2 weeks while the e-tailer takes their sweet time special ordering one from BenQ while i can pay the extra 10-20 and get it in stock. mwave usually carries things in stock but im not sure about NCIX. as far as other, smaller places online, theyll have to special order it. I dont want to pre-order anything until its released becuase what happens if delayed a month or two or more?..then i am trusting the e-tailer with my $900 to hold until it is finally released...something id rather not do...

so short and sweet...benq...whats taking so long? the 15th is bs.

What the hell is wrong with BenQ, were is this screen and where are the reviews for the damn thing. It's bad enough that I have to wait until next MONTH for it to be released over here, can anyone shed some light on the subject, maybe an owner of the thing post some pics plz, were desperate over here lol!!!

Well, it originally was going to be out in June. Then it was delayed to July, and then September.

It will be here when it gets here. I don't like it any better than you do, but that's the way it is...

I doubt it. I've wanted this to be a great 24" for some time. It will probably be out -very soon and then we'll get a chance to see if it lives up to it's potential.

Or hope not another HL2...gets delayed...the alpha gets leaked..its source code gets stolen...then another few delays..and its out.

Maybe they are having production / firmware problems and they don't want to screw up like Dell did with the 2407 :eek: :rolleyes:

Mwave just updated their site expecting shipments around 9/30. As does sparco.com. This blows. I want it now!

So they are coming out with a WZ model in another month?

It looks like the Z will have near zero ghosting, it might be worth the wait. Hopefully it doesn't add input lag. :(

The video card does pixel mapping 1:1 and does look better on my monitor using my XFX 7900GTX

Why should we care about the monitor doing the pixel mapping ??

Wonder if the lack of pixel mapping is only for the HDMI / DVI port.

If there is no aspect ratio control over the old analog inputs (component, composite, etc) that would be a problem.

For computer inputs it's less of an issue since you're going to need a modern video card to do 1920x1200 and those cards support pixel mapping for non-standard resolutions (AFAIK).

i don't think the option features at all in the OS sadly, the manual certainly suggest this too :(

I just cancelled my order for this monitor. Tigerdirect confirmed that it has been delayed and they said there was not ETA on it at this time - basically delayed indefinitely until further notice.

Thanks for nothing Benq... Time to revist the Dell. There is something to be said for a company that actually has a product.

blackseed said:
I just cancelled my order for this monitor. Tigerdirect confirmed that it has been delayed and they said there was not ETA on it at this time - basically delayed indefinitely until further notice.

Thanks for nothing Benq... Time to revist the Dell. There is something to be said for a company that actually has a product.
Oh brother. Yeah, let's give kudos to a company that rushes a product out the door that doesn't work properly and then needs many revisions.

I cancelled my order, will probably re-order again whenever they come in, just don't really think NCIX should be sitting around with my money when I have no monitor for a month!

rabhw said:
I cancelled my order, will probably re-order again whenever they come in, just don't really think NCIX should be sitting around with my money when I have no monitor for a month!

As much as I hate to admit it, i have to agree. Id feel safer knowing that Im in control of my $900+ rather than an e-tailer. What if they lose it? Theres a computer error? Its happened before. So until we get an actual confirmed date, itll be ordered at that time.

As far as release date, itll be ready when its ready. Would you rather be it like the Dell and have many revisions BUT it out? Or have one maybe two revisions but the monitor is damn near perfect with no hassle of sending every broken one back? Id rather have that IMO. Not have to deal with RMAs anymore and get what I pay for...a near grand monitor. Thats just my input. People complain about it being pushed back.

Thanks for nothing BenQ

Just as I stated above. Sh*t happens. Get over it. :rolleyes:

blackseed said:
If I recall correctly the Dell was delayed about 4-6 months before it ever arrived. I origianlly heard that it would be out December 05 and it wasnt released till alot later and in an unusable state.

So say what you will, delays happen and Dell is no different.

DangerIsGo said:
Or have one maybe two revisions but the monitor is damn near perfect with no hassle of sending every broken one back?
The Benq will have to be darn near perfect as their exchange/return policy is quite astrocious :eek:

Lots of posts and then the last two days have been quiet. Does this mean people are getting them and are busy playing with them?

No it means were bored talking about becuase we dont have any hard evidence from BenQ on when its release date is nor have there been any new reviews about it online.

October 1st they are supposed to be in Stock in Europe

Fingers crossed, my 244T is looking a bit tired.

whoster69 said:
Zero Pixel insurance? How does it work? How much was it?

Thanks.

Somebody answer his question please?? I need to know how it works too. And what about BenQ's terrible return policy that I'm hearing about? Please talk to me someone. I need to know if I should be targeting the BenQ 30 incher or not.

DeftonesXP said:
This policy is not from BenQ, it's from NCIX :

Express Coverage for LCD Monitors: Zero Dead Pixel Exchange Policy
http://www.ncix.com/article.php?mode=expresscoverage

From their policy...............

Cross shipping of a replacement LCD unit straight out of our extensive inventory -- AFTER getting authorization from us, simply purchase the authorized replacement product from us again, and we will credit your payment back when the RMA unit has been received. (Only if products are currently available

What the hell is cross shipping? Does that mean we have to buy the replacement first then get credited back when they receive the defective unit? Or is cross shipping just another option and simply sending back the original and waiting for the replacement is still the main choice.

What the hell is cross shipping? Does that mean we have to buy the replacement first then get credited back when they receive the defective unit? Or is cross shipping just another option and simply sending back the original and waiting for the replacement is still the main choice.

Yes. Exactly. Western Digital does it too with HDDs. You basically apply for an RMA. Then, they will ship out a new HDD at WD's MSRP to you. After they receive the damaged HDD from you, they will charge the credit back to your account.

DangerIsGo said:
Yes. Exactly. Western Digital does it too with HDDs. You basically apply for an RMA. Then, they will ship out a new HDD at WD's MSRP to you. After they receive the damaged HDD from you, they will charge the credit back to your account.

Buttttttttt if you don't have the money to buy it twice and wait for a credit back you still have the option of sending the original back without any extra money then waiting for a replacement correct?

sethk said:
Yes you can just wait.

Ok. :)
Buttttttt (omg another but) I notice that their zero pixel return insurance your buying only covers the initial 30 days from purchase for exchanges?
Yet in the same policy there is quoted an additional 11 months of coverage. So your paying for 12 months of coverage but only 30 days for dead pixels?

Is that correct? If so that sucks.

I have had both the BenQ 2091FP and the FP20001 from Dell both use the same panel LG-P S-IPS 20" 16ms , the dell rates their contrast ratio as higher though

I can tell you now that the BenQ impressed me alot more, the picture just had more life in it(while the monitor was still new, its about 2.5years old now!) in terms of quality benQ takes the cake, 0 dead pixels and 0 problems.

NCIX just changed their ETA from 1st week of october to late november. Mwave still has on 9-30, keenzo is still on 9/30, sparco is still on 9-30 too...WTF is going on?

Back