Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

I disabled my OC and do not seem to be having the shutdown issue anymore.

What should I do?

Increase voltage of current OC? ([email protected] with offset -.005)

OR

Upgrade from 2001 to the latest P8P67 Pro BIOS?

If I upgrade the BIOS, what affect on my OC should I take note of? Changes in stability, voltage, etc.

newer bios altered the voltages in past, if you want to give your CPU 1.275V for example,
you should check with CPU ID and see if it reaches 1.275V after the bios upgrade, if not tune it.

Well even at stock settings my system rebooted when I clicked shutdown. Should I upgrade the BIOS? I don't really want to.

As a side question, what is the fastest memory the p8p67 pro will support with XMP profiles?

Last edited:
RAJA suggested that Intel RST or wake timers may be causing my problems. Has anyone else used Intel RAID and noticed the system waking itself after shutdown?

I have since switched back to AHCI and disabled wake timers to see if this helps.

Well even at stock settings my system rebooted when I clicked shutdown. Should I upgrade the BIOS? I don't really want to.

Hi Bigdogchris,

Clear CMOS!

I just got done chasing this same problem on a P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 that I recently upgraded the processor and memory. After chasing many possible solutions including bios update, OS reinstall, driver updates/rollbacks, registry hacks, different PSU, MB out of the case, etc.. I saw one internet post that said to reset CMOS, okay what do I have to lose, and viola I have been shutting the machine down successfully for the past 48 hours.

Hi Bigdogchris,

Clear CMOS!

I just got done chasing this same problem on a P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 that I recently upgraded the processor and memory. After chasing many possible solutions including bios update, OS reinstall, driver updates/rollbacks, registry hacks, different PSU, MB out of the case, etc.. I saw one internet post that said to reset CMOS, okay what do I have to lose, and viola I have been shutting the machine down successfully for the past 48 hours.
Did you clear it with the jumper or pull the battery?

Also, is there a way to clear out old profiles from the UEFI?

Did you clear it with the jumper or pull the battery?

Also, is there a way to clear out old profiles from the UEFI?

I just used the jumper.

You can try default (F5) to set your bios to the optimized default settings.

I have a P8P67 Pro with an i7 2600k and for the longest times I've been having double boot issues. Every time it double boots it'll hang at the Windows 7 splash screen. I found the best way to fix this problem is to restart and go back into the bios and do a save exit. I am running at 4.7 ghz and everything runs fine if it doesn't double boot. I've researched this problem many times and the power on by PCIe and XMP profile solutions do not work. I am using the latest mobo bios and have the latest ssd firmware installed for my vertex 3. Is this double boot problem avoidable?

Hi,
I would like to upgrade to 16GB of RAM.

What is the fastest RAM that "has sense" to run on P8P67 with the rig I have in signature?

I started to notice lately that my setup has been seeing a few more Stop 124 errors. I use whocrashed and it indicates a thermal issue. I have a fairly good watercooled loop using a monsoon dual res with a swiftech mcp 655pwm with an EK block and a 240 rad. The vcore is 1.425 using all of the other suggested settings. I do see temps hitting 68C under gaming load. The room might get to 77 degrees F. Now, my setup is 3 years old and the paste I did use was the best at the time - M4. Is this a thermal issue as suggested by the stop error, or something else? I'm up-to-date on all drivers and windows 7 updates.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
16GB gskill Ripjaws X 1866 (2 x 8gb)
256 GB SSD Samsung 840 Pro (OS)
1 TB 7200rpm data drive
64GB Corsair SSD
Corsair 850HX PSU
Coolermaster HAFX case

So I have a z77 MB with a i7-2600K processor. Reading the guide in the first post, it seems like it's more beneficial to overclock the turbo multipliers rather than changing the multiplier?

So I have a z77 MB with a i7-2600K processor. Reading the guide in the first post, it seems like it's more beneficial to overclock the turbo multipliers rather than changing the multiplier?
I personally think so. Up the multiplier then give it .05v incremental via offset. Easiest OCing you could ever do.

Hi guys,

Done some testing but I can't work out what is wrong. I can't even get through 30mins of prime95 blend tests at 4ghz as cpu hits 79degrees c. Ambient room temp is approx 25c. I have a corsair H60 liquid cooler with push/pull configuration.

I have a p8p67 pro mobo and I have set the following in BIOS:

AI Overclock tuner=manual
Bclk/pcie freq=100
Turbo Ratio=40 By all cores can adjust in is
Internal pll overvoltage set to enabled.
EPU Power saving mode set to enable.
Load line calibration set to ultra high.
Vrm frequency set to 350.
Phase & duty control set to extreme.
Cpu voltage set to offset mode - 0.030.

My guess is you need a little more voltage. You're offsetting less voltage. Try it without lessening the voltage any.

Actually, when you say - 0.030 do you mean - voltage or is that just a divider from your last sentence meaning you have it at + 0.030 in bios?

What LLC should I use then? Managed to get to 4.3 at max temp of 77c which is still too much for my likeing. I'm using AIDA64 system stability before when I was using prime with 100% cpu load was going over 80 almost straight away.

Use the minimum you can get away with.
If you need way high settings then something else is the problem or you have a low overclocking / damaged chip.

Have you checked how much voltage is applied under load?

CPU is @ 1.30v. Have been doing some research and from what I've read the Corsair H60 doesn't have good performance to cool an Overclocked i7-2600K as at 3.8ghz the max temp reached was 72 with radiator fans at maximum speed.

Did some research and I'm thinking about getting a corsair H80i as this is recommended over the antec 950.

Is it worth spending $190 on the h80i just to cool my PC to overclock as primary reason is to run PREPAR3D flight simulator.

CPU-Z. Also I have just realise that my cooler is installed upside down when the shop installed it they have put upside down with the tubes coming out top of the radiator & the pump is mounted upside down......didn't realise this until I did a google search for high temps with corsair h60 and saw pictures of the correct mounting method. This may explain my high idle and load temps as its trying to work the wrong way round.

I have done some research and found out that possible the h60 is not powerful enough to cool an i7 2600k Overclocked to 4.4ghz as running the fans at full speed at 3.8ghz gives me a maximum temp of 72degrees celcius after 3hrs at max load.

Would I be worthwhile getting the H80i as the fans can go a lot faster and it has a bigger radiator to cool better.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

72C isn't terrible for a max load after 3 hours. All the newer Core series run hot under load.

OC noob here --been searching but unable to locate specific OC guide for my Sabertooth P67 running I7--3770K. Do the instructions and screen shots on page 1 apply to my board? I updated Bios to vs 3602 but can't change the multiplier currently. I believe I need to rest CMOS. Can I follow the processes listed on first page for OC? If not, any recommendations are appreciated. I also have Intel SSD no RAID if that matters and all water cooled. Never Mind--I ended up overclocking using ASUS BIOS 3602--The Ivy chip goes to 4.5 via Turbo when needed now. 103 X 43 and idles at 1600 x16 (ish)

Last edited:
Wanted to check I get a max of 67degrees at 4.5ghz under full load with prime95 running overnight for 8hours.

Yesterday I got max 71degrees with the Intel burn test set to maximum which is still safe temp isn't it as it only ran for 20minutes and passed the test.

Heavy load with flight Sim X is normally around 45-55degrees celcius which is good as ambient room temp is about 31degrees last night with the Intel burn test.

hi, i've read some posts in this thread, but I've a question: if I use the guide in first post, my cpu will be always at 4.8 ghz or It will change automatically the frequency if I'm on desktop or if I'm in a 3d game?

It will change automatically (down clock when at desktop) if you have all set up right including Windows power options.

Additional Information for those that do not want to read through the guide.

Assuming you have a CPU that can execute and hold a 48 multi the screen behold will show you how to quickly enable a 4.8GHz OC.

110117160750.png

Select Ai Overclock Tuner,Select Manual
110117160757.png

Now see the expanded options for Turbo Ratio Control and Select By All Cores in OS.
110117160803.png

Now manually defined 48 value in each of the core values ( 1 , 2 ,3, 4 )
110117160817.png

Depending on what your retail CPU is capable of ( which Auto Tuning should provide you an idea of ) Enable this option! This option is specifically designed for D2/Retail Parts and allowing for higher multi overclocks especially when at or exceeding 48x. Additionally this option can be used should you not have it enabled and generally cannot boot with a higher multiplier. It is advised to try this option after you have tried all other standard options. This option is not for increasing stability of a OC that can already post and boot into an OS.
110117160844.png
Select Loadline Calibration,Select Ultra High this value will provide overall the closest load level of voltage to the value defined in the bios or AiSuite II
110117160857.png

Enter a value of 350. This is best for sustaining stability at multis of 48x or above. This is key especially for running unrealistic loading testing such as prime or linx.
110117160900.png

Phase Control enabled Extreme this ensures the highest level of current and overall power delivery for the board under heavy loading.
110117160905.png

Ensures the VRM managment system is balancing for the most power possible ( current as opposed to temperature ) generally only for 48x multi overclocks or above.
110117160917.png

Select Manual Voltage - This will allow for a consistent voltage to fed to the CPU to ensure stability.Keep in mind that should you want the most efficient overclock you will want to use offset as this will allow the voltage to track the VRD of the CPU and have the voltage fall and rise depending on the loading state of the CPU.
110117160927.png

Enter a CPU V Core Voltage value of 1.415 or 1.425

I remember back in 2011 I followed this guide to OC my P8P67 Deluxe + 2600K to 4.8GHz. Some time ago I lost my BIOS due to a battery replacement, but naturally I can't remember the settings now, nor does the post without the image"suck" images can help me much. Ie, in step 4 that it instructs us to enable that setting, what setting is it actually? And generally, I'd feel more secure, as I'm not any kind of experienced OCer, to follow a guide with images than plain text. Has anyone by chance saved those 10 images?

I have a PDF I'm pretty sure is what you are looking for. PM me your email or I can PM you a OneDrive link.

PM sent. I couldn't even post my email in a PM. The antispam measures here are Draconian... Thanks a million HardBytes for helping me!

Back