Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Im running the 2302 BIOS but since putting in my Ivy Bridge CPU I can no longer change the turbo ratios :(

To answer my earlier question

2356132.png

3207 needed a few tweeks and stress testing to verify. But it's a keeper.

Had to bump up the voltage offset from the previous version to get the same running vCore. Also a little DRAM timing tweak.

And an interesting thing that I've only recently noticed with doing an OC on the DRAM beyond the Corsair selling speed. Using XMP settings first and then tweaking. It showed a big difference in passing tests.

I had the same issue with my P8P67-M PRO.
These boards really are junk. I've had mine for a year now and each BIOS has been buggier than the previous. ASUS have not improved their BIOS team in over a decade. I remember BIOS issues plaguing my P2B board and said I would never buy ASUS again. I tried one a decade later and ASUS are still pushing out crap boards.

To fix your issue zeroARMY, remove the CMOS battery for 1 hour, then put back in. Your system will post on the 2nd go.

My first RMA replacement was a "repair" of the original board I sent in. When I called Asus up and told them the DRAM_LED still came up with no POST, they said it was still a RAM issue. It told them it's definitely not a RAM issue because I tried EIGHT sticks of known-working memory. Asus said all they did was reflash the BIOS on the one I mailed so they didn't do much to "repair". I figured the issue was a lot worse than something a BIOS reflash could fix, so I strongly requested a completely different refurbished unit. They eventually complied and I got the new unit today.

And guess what... same... fucking... DRAM_LED...
Still no POST, no nothing. So it only took 1 month of shipping and waiting to find out the issue isn't the motherboard. I don't know what to try next, but the whole ordeal is stressing me out. I guess it's the CPU because the PSU passes tests with my PSU-tester fine, and I tried 3 video cards.

Guess I shoulda sprung for the Deluxe model with the more detailed diagnostic display with error codes. Maybe it could have told me what the exact issue was rather than a single useless LED. Thanks Asus for hoarding that 5 cent feature for the most expensive models only.

Last edited:
Hello Juan, I thank you for your excellent Guide.

My problem is simple, I put in the settings and re-boot, nothing happens. No change, no indication that I've input anything. I've been at this for three days. I'm pretty sure that I've followed your instructions exactly. Basically I'm starting to think RMA.

I'd be happy to post screens, but be warned, they look just like yours.

I have the following gear.

Kool Lance 1000 watt cooler. Temps are 20-22C at stock settings
P8Z68-v PRO/Gen3
2600K chip
Corsair vengence DDR 3 16 gig kit
GForce 880 GTS1000 watt Liberty Power Supply
2X 90 Gig Corsair SSD

Shouldn't I see SOME KIND of responce? I've tried playing with V-core at Below and above 47 multibles, no responce, it just reboots to either 3.4 or 3.5. The only response I can get is a 100MHz "jump" using CPU tuner...The 3.5.

Unless I set my RAM stupidly and watch her make her readjustments when I hit memory button nothing I do in Ai Tweeker makes the slightest difference, the board accepts my input then I re-boot to the same setting 3.4 or 3.5 as if I had done nothing. This isn't my first rodeo, but I've been known to over look the obviouse.

Would very much appreciate your consideration, Thank you again for a great guide!

Hello Juan, I thank you for your excellent Guide.

My problem is simple, I put in the settings and re-boot, nothing happens. No change, no indication that I've input anything. I've been at this for three days. I'm pretty sure that I've followed your instructions exactly. Basically I'm starting to think RMA.

I'd be happy to post screens, but be warned, they look just like yours.

I have the following gear.

Kool Lance 1000 watt cooler. Temps are 20-22C at stock settings
P8Z68-v PRO/Gen3
2600K chip
Corsair vengence DDR 3 16 gig kit
GForce 880 GTS1000 watt Liberty Power Supply
2X 90 Gig Corsair SSD

Shouldn't I see SOME KIND of responce? I've tried playing with V-core at Below and above 47 multibles, no responce, it just reboots to either 3.4 or 3.5. The only response I can get is a 100MHz "jump" using CPU tuner...The 3.5.

Unless I set my RAM stupidly and watch her make her readjustments when I hit memory button nothing I do in Ai Tweeker makes the slightest difference, the board accepts my input then I re-boot to the same setting 3.4 or 3.5 as if I had done nothing. This isn't my first rodeo, but I've been known to over look the obviouse.

Would very much appreciate your consideration, Thank you again for a great guide!

This may sound dumb but when you input a value make sure you hit the "enter" key.

Yeah it sounlds dumb, but lets face it, that's where you find me, I appreciate your reaching out. Yes, They don't stick unless I do, same for you ?

Last edited:
Yea, it caught me & others early on.

Also this is the P8P67 overclocking your mobo is different? Maybe has the same BIOS setup's though I guess?

Almost identical. Decided to post some screens as I think this board or my New BIOS is defective...or I am! Ah! I guess I won't! (I'm still being watched for anomalies) no privileges.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

i was on x44 and all other settings on auto/default, then yesterady i found this guide, so i have made a few testes (it is time consuming to chang setting, boot, test stability, etc...)

4.6 Ghz was not stable under desired settings (no PLL overvolt, under 1.38v)

I'm curently @4.5Ghz @1.36/1.38 vcore on CPU-Z.
detailed settings:

bclk 100
multi x45
Offset mode +.02
PLL overvolt off
LLC Regular (25%)
VRM freq. 350
Phase control manual/fast
Duty control T. probe
CPU current capacity 100%

Other settings are on default.

Wich settings can i try to decrease voltage/heat (or higher clock with same voltage) and maintain stability and power saving (so no PLL overvolt or C1/C3 disabling) ?

I have my 2600K @ 4.5 using:

Multi: x45
Offset: 0.08 for 1.31Vcore
LLC: Regular
DRM Frequency: Auto
Phase Control: optimized
Duty Control: T.Probe

CPU-Z reading highest: 1.36 Peak ( I don't think CPU-Z's readings are accurate though)
HWINFO32 reads that the highest reading from the Nuvotron chip on my motherboard is 1.4V, while the vcore reading from the CPU is 1.376.
Everest reports it at being 1.384 max.

IDK which is more accurate - probably best breaking out a voltmeter and taking direct readings....

Last edited:
i5-2500K - ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution B3 (nf200)

I used this thread as my guide and here is what I ended up with:

* auto volt
* hit multiplier to 45
* disable turbo boost
* disable speed spectrum - (some motherboards will disable turbo when speed spectrum is disabled)
* LLC - medium (x45 and below)
* Phase Control - optimized
* enable internal PPL overvoltage
* enable execute disable bit
* disable Intel Virtualization Tech
* disable CPUID Maximum
* disable overspeed protection
* CPU @ 120%
* CPU voltage - offset mode (-0.025)
* long and short duration times, set them both to 150...
* power saving features are auto: C1E, C3/C6, CPU EIST
* set hardware monitor | fans no less than 62.5%
* XMP RAM
* save and exit
* boot into windows

default voltage levels with multi up to x43: 1.24-1.26V
multi x44 up to x47 voltage: 1.30 - 1.375v

LLC - load line calibration
x45 = medium / x49 = high+

CPU temp: idle @ 30C (package) / load @ 61C
CPU cooling: CM TX3 with dual 92mm fans (push/pull)

Last edited:
4.5 @ 1.35v

*AUTO Unless otherwise Noted
BLCK: 100
MULT: 45
LLC: High
Phase Control: Optimized
VRM freq. 350
CPU Voltage: Manual @ 1.35v
Duty Control: T.Probe
CPU current capacity 110%

It will be very interesting to know where to get windows 8 drivers.
This mobo are just unsupported. Non drivers on Asus site if not beta one.

It will be very interesting to know where to get windows 8 drivers.
This mobo are just unsupported. Non drivers on Asus site if not beta one.

What parts are you looking for drivers for? Win 8 probably has built-in drivers for most stuff, and if not you can just get the drivers direct from the component manufacturer. I'm sure you can get Intel chipset drivers for Win 8 at Intel, right?

What parts are you looking for drivers for? Win 8 probably has built-in drivers for most stuff, and if not you can just get the drivers direct from the component manufacturer. I'm sure you can get Intel chipset drivers for Win 8 at Intel, right?

intel has driver for intel mobos not generic one.

Question for others who have made the jump to Win 8 on the P8P67 Pro.

I am currently running bios ver. 2103 and everything has been stable for my 4.5 OC.

Getting a considerable number of logs in event viewer in Windows 8 and im wondering if I will need to update the bios.

I keep hearing horror stories about updating the bios on these boards.

I want to be able to maintain my current OC settings without fuss.

Anyone else still on this bios version in Windows 8? What's the benefit of updating? (I don't use RAID, or ever intend to)

Win 8 installed for a week with no problems (but half the time I'm still running W7)
Been running 2303 BIOS since Feb. and with a 4.4 OC (on Turbo)
I don't think there is much difference between our 2103 and 2303
Normal level of Event log entries.

Newbie here, but cannot seem to find any information as to why Asus has provided a BIOS update for the P8P67-M Pro for Windows 8 but not the P8P67 Pro. Have they just decided to ditch support for the P8P67 Pro?

The P8P67-M Pro also has more updates as to the overall mobo drivers.

Newbie here, but cannot seem to find any information as to why Asus has provided a BIOS update for the P8P67-M Pro for Windows 8 but not the P8P67 Pro. Have they just decided to ditch support for the P8P67 Pro?

The P8P67-M Pro also has more updates as to the overall mobo drivers.
Maybe the P8P67 Pro doesn't need a bios update for Windows 8? Plus, not all BIOS updates are released at the same time.

Using Asus P8P67 with Windows 8 and 3509. No problems here, still running same overclock.

Just wanted to share a few observations regarding the new 3602 bios.

After inserting the new Intel 11.6.01030 rom and updating to RST 11.6.0.1702,

I'm finding slower benchmarks with my RAID 0 array (non SSD).

The reason why I upgraded was seeing occasional RST relate blue screens that the Intel change log indicated might be fixed. They were associated with waking from sleep.

So far, after a week of usage, no blue screens.

After reading the Asus change log for the bios about stability, I ran tests modifying my bios settings.

I was able to make a couple of changes that Memtest+, HCI Memetest, and Prime95 testing verified as stable.

I reduced my VRM Frequency from 370 to 350. That's back to a setting I used with older bios versions.

I reduced my CPU offset voltage from .45 to .25, not as low as past bios releases but better than the previous 3207.

Every other bios setting seems to have held over the bios history range.

Here's the array performance change...
c_drive.gif
intel11_6_3602.gif

Bios 3207, rom 11.1 RST 11.2________________________________________Bios 3602, rom 11.6 RST 11.6

Edit:
..and then came RST 11.7
cdrive.gif

Last edited:
Going off the guide on page one it says use By all cores per OS... then tell you to set each one.. is that an error? if you do per core you get the option to set each one but not by all cores.

You guys are going to hate on me...
I'm set to 1.495 in the bios hitting 1.504 as a max in CPUZ. I actually disabled HT, to see if this would make me stable. and i'm in a very preliminary test setting but so far so good stable at 5000 MHZ been running prime for about 20 min. I know 1.5 is alot and it MAY shorten the life but not to any amount that I care about because I upgrade every 2-3 years anyways and i'm already ready to start thinking about a new chip. Regardless, I think a lot of people claim that 1.5 is super high when the max that intel specifies is 1.52 and the fact that I am hitting near the max but keeping the temps under 75C doesn't have me worried. Is there any actual proof of someone killing a chip from overvolting it and keeping it cool? I just installed a H110 and shes keeping my CPU 30C cooler then my old ULTRA 120 extreme which just had one Scyth fan.

I have a P8P67 Pro.

I recently switched to a different SSD and added a second hard drive. I reinstalled Windows 7 and reinstalled the same software. The only change from last time is I installed a newer Intel RST as well as Samsung Magician. The only power changes I make after installation are never turn off hard drives and never put computer to sleep. No BIOS changes were made between installs, other than switching Intel storage from AHCI to RAID mode.

Now when I shut down, sometimes the system just reboots instead. It doesn't matter if I hit Start->Shut Down, or just press the power off button on the tower. But it doesn't always do this.

See, for the past couple years I would just walk by and hit the tower power off button and it would shut off fine. Now it reboots, when it comes back up I hit it again and it shuts off and stays off.

Any idea why a new SSD and hard drive would do this?

Last edited:
This is/was a known issue with P67. There were several things to try to make it stop. Mine used to do that and I'm now on BIOS 1606. (not the latest BTW.)

Search this forum or the net because that's what I would have to do to remember. Search "cold boot" or "double start", etc.

Also, I believe the BIOS should have been set to AHCI when you installed your OS. I'd read up on that too.

That doesnt matter for windows 7. It has both drivers available at boot.

XP on the otherhand, does not and will BSOD if you install with IDE and switch to AHCI.

I mentioned in the post that I did a clean install. Between installs I made the BIOS change to RAID.

I thought the double boot was during a cold boot, not a system shut down.

Not to derail my own problem, Windows 7 would not boot to Intel RAID for me after being installed on AHCI. Before I replaced the SSD and reinstalled, I was experimenting and left it on RAID mode and Windows would just blue screen on boot until I changed it back to AHCI.I was trying to switch to RAID mode to verify the SSD would still TRIM in a single drive configuration. Even if I attempted to replace the AHCI driver and choose their RAID driver (iaStorAC), it would not let me select the RAID driver, only AHCI, while in AHCI mode.

Last edited:

I had to reduce my OC on a P8P67 Deluxe after adding another HDD (3TB) a few months back. If OCing, you may want to check behavior with no OC and redo stability checks to find best OC.

My PC does not shutdown, screens became black but the PC does not shutdown.
Sometimes the monitor does nto became black.

Is there someone experiencing this problem with windows 8?

I had to reduce my OC on a P8P67 Deluxe after adding another HDD (3TB) a few months back. If OCing, you may want to check behavior with no OC and redo stability checks to find best OC.
2500k @ 4.4. I will keep this solution in mind. Thanks.

Is there a way to downgrade the BIOS on these? I would try upgrading to the latest BIOS but if it doesn't work I want to be able to rollback to 2001.

I disabled my OC and do not seem to be having the shutdown issue anymore.

What should I do?

Increase voltage of current OC? ([email protected] with offset -.005)

OR

Upgrade from 2001 to the latest P8P67 Pro BIOS?

If I upgrade the BIOS, what affect on my OC should I take note of? Changes in stability, voltage, etc.

Back