Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Isn't that the same thing? If it helps you boot an unbootable overclock, isn't that helping overclock potential?

Quoting Juan: "This option is not for increasing stability of a OC that can already post and boot into an OS.". Because of this line, since the 47x multi can boot into Windows normally, I figured PPL overvoltage would do nothing to help.

I have now activated it and while the 48x crashed shortly after prime95 start, x47 is surviving prime for 40 minutes and counting.

Late to the party here, but great guide, Juan. I'm currently rebooting my desktop to use the settings in the OP. I manually overclocked right after I got the my 2600k, but didn't follow these instructions.

I hope this helps me get a more stable overclock :)

Quoting Juan: "This option is not for increasing stability of a OC that can already post and boot into an OS.". Because of this line, since the 47x multi can boot into Windows normally, I figured PPL overvoltage would do nothing to help.

I have now activated it and while the 48x crashed shortly after prime95 start, x47 is surviving prime for 40 minutes and counting.

Oh, okay, I see what you are referring to. At least it seems like it might have gotten you to 47x, so that's good.

I used the guide almost exactly, except I am trying to work on the offset mode settings.

I'm using 48x with a .05 offset. My vcore is reading 1.400v using Asus Monitor.

Previously, I was using 46x to get around a 4.7ghz OC at a 1.35 vcore. Obviously, this was before I discovered this guide.

Am I alright with 1.400v or should I be trying to get it lower?

1.4V is fine. Lower is always better, of course, but that is fine.

Great. I'm running the SMP F@H client and temps are sitting right around 45c.

I think I'm good right here. I'm very happy I decided to wander over to this forum. The offset voltage overclocking is such a good idea.

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but in achieving the 4.8Ghz clock speeds , the Bus Speed is lowered to 100 (from 120)

Would that be effecting your GPU/PCIe bandwidth speeds say for gaming where the game is GPU limited ?

Cheers
M

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but in achieving the 4.8Ghz clock speeds , the Bus Speed is lowered to 100 (from 120)

Would that be effecting your GPU/PCIe bandwidth speeds say for gaming where the game is GPU limited ?

Cheers
M

No, not in any meaningful way. There really isn't much advantage in raising the BCLK for Sandy Bridge.

How long should I run Prime95 before I can consider the system stable? I thought I was stable at 4.8GHz but into the 12th hour of Prime95, I BSOD.

agree with Forceman on the BCLK

what is your system specs?

Hi

Cheers
M

agree with Forceman on the BCLK

what is your system specs?

Thanks for the replies - P8Z68 Gen 3 board / 2700k processor @ 4.8Ghz / 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz / Asus 6990 GPU

I use the PC mainly for gaming @ 2560x1440

I know this thread is in the P8P67 forum but the overclock guide worked in the P8Z68

this guide is amazing. i have a p8z68-v / gen3, and have just figured getting 4.8 stable would never happen. after actually reading the entire guide, im now stable at 4.9/1.47 with PLL disabled and no offset

thanks

this guide is amazing. i have a p8z68-v / gen3, and have just figured getting 4.8 stable would never happen. after actually reading the entire guide, im now stable at 4.9/1.47 with PLL disabled and no offset

thanks

That's a lot of volts for 24/7 IMO .. just say'n. :eek:

yeah its crazy what you can do by going from manual voltage, to trying offset mode

im able to prime for so far an hour at 4.9/1.41v (+0.110 offset)

excited to get this stable and then try 5ghz, i did end up disabling hyper threading (at least for the time being)

Wow is the board that much different? For 1.41 the offer I'd use Is +0.075

well setting vcore at manual then auto got me into windows at ~1.3v, changed to offset and first tried 0.08 and it would start loading OS, but once it started initializing USB devices it would freeze, 0.100 got me to prime, currently at +0.120 offset right now for a total load voltage of 1.41-1.42v according to HWMonitor

I got to [email protected] with a .040 offset on my P8P67 Deluxe, but BSOD after 12 hours of Prime95.

I am now at [email protected] with a .045 offset, but have not done any loading test yet. However, the machine has not had any problems under normal activities. If the weather cools down where I can get the room to 22C or lower, then I will try another load test.

I did use the Asus AI auto tune feature and it got up to [email protected] with a bclk of 103. However, that was just too hot for my air cooling and the auto tune did introduce the double boot problem.

Does a BCLK increase of a few MHz typically require a voltage increase anywhere? My CPU is getting to the point that I don't want to give it anymore voltage (for cooling reasons) but I'd like to bump it up a little more.

I have updated to the 2302 bios from the 2103 BIOS.

I have an Asus P8P67 Deluxe with an I7 2600K running at 4.9 Ghz.

My offset with the 2103 bios was +.04 and now with the 2302 bios it is now +.08

Also I have noted they have not fixed the double post issue. I get double post one or twice a week with a Windows boot freeze.

Thanks for the guide, I picked up a p8p67 pro a couple of months ago and 2600k, on an H100 I've got it running 4.8ghz stable on 1.37v i haven't tried to push it any more yet but maybe I Will after reading the op.

Here is with new bios

Bios3202.jpg

So came home from work yesterday and the computer was on, but no video on my screen. Thought it was a weird reboot during the day from a windows update or something. But upon powering off and back on, the monitor didn't even detect an incoming signal. Also the laser on the bottom of the Logitech MX mouse didn't even light up, neither did the keyboard's lights.

The DRAM_LED / MemOK light on the mobo was light solid, which seems to indicate a memory incompatibility issue, but my computer has been running solid unchanged for 7+ months. So I slapped the ram into a different computer, and it booted fine, so the RAM is ok. Tried the typical other stuff like resetting CMOS, removing battery, etc.

I'm gonna try more troubleshooting when I get home tonight, but before I RMA, anyone else every run into something like this with the DRAM_LED / MemOK light?

full specs:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-core CPU [OCed to 4.8GHz]
Asus P8P67 EVO P67 Motherboard
16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 RAM
2x eVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB Video Cards in SLI
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HDDs
Thermalright Archon CPU Cooler
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Case
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750 750W PSU

I have followed this guide on overclocking (every step of it) and when I load into windows or my hackintosh I can see that the CPU is still at 3.4 Ghz. Why is that?

Wow. I RMA'd both my mobo and RAM, and the fucking DRAM_LED still comes on with the new parts. Still no video, no POST or beeps. Could my CPU be dead? Fucking annoying how worthless these diagnostic LEDs are.

Christ im on a real old BIOS still, i was litterly just about to update my BIOS to the latest i think im on 1401.

The only thing that made me want to update was the fact it said Increased stability (not that i have any crashes or issues) what is it talking about increased stability in relation to what exactly?

Then i read about some of your guys systems going Fubar, is it even worth updating atall?

I have updated from every version, including 1401 which was the bios my board shipped with and I have had no issues. I am on 2303 with great success.

I'm on 1606 and holding. I'm stable, non-RAID and not leaving SB anytime soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

P8P67-PRO-ASUS-3207 for the Pro is out.

Any one doing a high OC for normal running see good or bad with this release?

Example: I ran x49 @102 with the 1606 release and had to wait until the 2303 release to twaek something close, x50@100 (my 24/7 setting now).

Just curious...

Wow. I RMA'd both my mobo and RAM, and the fucking DRAM_LED still comes on with the new parts. Still no video, no POST or beeps. Could my CPU be dead? Fucking annoying how worthless these diagnostic LEDs are.

I had the same issue with my P8P67-M PRO.
These boards really are junk. I've had mine for a year now and each BIOS has been buggier than the previous. ASUS have not improved their BIOS team in over a decade. I remember BIOS issues plaguing my P2B board and said I would never buy ASUS again. I tried one a decade later and ASUS are still pushing out crap boards.

To fix your issue zeroARMY, remove the CMOS battery for 1 hour, then put back in. Your system will post on the 2nd go.

I had the same issue with my P8P67-M PRO.
These boards really are junk. I've had mine for a year now and each BIOS has been buggier than the previous. ASUS have not improved their BIOS team in over a decade. I remember BIOS issues plaguing my P2B board and said I would never buy ASUS again. I tried one a decade later and ASUS are still pushing out crap boards.

To fix your issue zeroARMY, remove the CMOS battery for 1 hour, then put back in. Your system will post on the 2nd go.

P2B was one of my favorite boards, still have it running in fact.

The P8P67 hasn't given me any troubles either. When I first came to Sandy I went with Asrock it was ok, but when B3 replacement happened I was able to upgrade to Asus, overall a much better board. The asrock has a double boot thing I hated.

its funny how some people always have bad experiences with something while others will love them. I've always preferred Asus board for max overclocking and stability and I've used damn near every manufacturer too.

P2B was one of my favorite boards, still have it running in fact.

The P8P67 hasn't given me any troubles either. When I first came to Sandy I went with Asrock it was ok, but when B3 replacement happened I was able to upgrade to Asus, overall a much better board. The asrock has a double boot thing I hated.

its funny how some people always have bad experiences with something while others will love them. I've always preferred Asus board for max overclocking and stability and I've used damn near every manufacturer too.

The problem is the competition is worse! ASUS are the best of a bad bunch IMO.

On the other hand, I received a MAXIMUS V GENE board today. I just finished pulling the P8P67-M PRO and reinstalled everything, inlcuding the 2600K. Now this is a different story entirely. What a well built solid board. Very happy with it, so far.
See signature for details.

Last edited:
The problem is the competition is worse! ASUS are the best of a bad bunch IMO.

On the other hand, I received a MAXIMUS V GENE board today. I just finished pulling the P8P67-M PRO and reinstalled everything, inlcuding the 2600K. Now this is a different story entirely. What a well built solid board. Very happy with it, so far.
See signature for details.

Yea, some of the budget models suck, I try to stay away from anything micro ATX or LE versions. Stick with the higher end ASUS and I think you'll have a different perspective of them.

Back