Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

You must have a great chip. I tried your settings and got an 0000e BSOD. Modded the CPU CC to 140% and changed the VCCIO and cpu PLL v back to auto and got an 0024 BSOD.

Oh well.

Seems like a +offset of 0.010v is the lowest I can go for vcore. I can go into the minus offset but that requires me to start upping the LLC and still get the same result. So, im not to sure which is the best method to go for. As I said in an earlier post, I can do -0.100 with LLC on extreme. Problem is I don't know the advantages/disadvantages of going this route. I must admit I am very happy with the chip. I have always been quite unlucky when it comes down to CPUs. One thing I would like to change is the way I have my H100 setup. At the moment its the fans are blowing (warm) air from the system, over the radiator and out of the top of the case. That is the official way to set it up, but im pretty sure I would help temps if I reversed that - which would probably require me buy some longer screws.

Started playing around with my 2500k. Set the phase to Extreme and High LLC and the CPU offset to -0.015. 12 hour stable @ 4.3 w/1.31 volts

What other power settings should I look at to lower my power consumption? I was able to get the system to boot and run Prime for awhile before crashing with -0.035 offset, so I wonder if LLC to Ultra would help make that stable.

Here is an article testing LLC and showing the effect it has on vdroop.

I do feel alot more comfortable OCing with offset though. I like the CPU voltage and frequency dropping when it's idling. It makes me feel good inside that the CPU gets a break once in awhile.

Last edited:
I agree with you about using offset.

Here's what the Fast OC (EZ mode in BIOS) sets up for me.... 42x and a 103 bclk = 43.26x. P95 (blend) runs 1.280v and idles 0.720v to 1.320v.

ohset.png

Your temps are about 10c lower than mine but you do have a little bit less voltage. I have a Xigmatek S1283 cooler. I wonder what gives.

I appreciate the Asus Techs findings and comments
For most overclocks you don't need the current capability above 100% either.
I noticed he illustrated even at 48x bios screenies no change was made.

I remember this being mentioned before but I had never seen it .. that bug where the offset goes way too high when you load a profile still exists. I was playing around with OC values and decided to go back to my old saved settings and guess what .. offset was set to 0.910 afterwards.

I thought this had been fixed but it's still there which is crazy?

That's a new one on me. Are you saying that we need to check the offset settings on the AI Tweaker page before hitting F10 to save and exit every time?

Thanks to Juan Jose and all the others who have put info into this thread. My new 2500k made it easy to 4.6 GHz @ 1.3141 volts. Temps stay below 65C when playing B3 for hours. (Hyper 212+)

Kid

Yup, I just noticed it too. After playing around with some settings I loaded an OC profile which should be a .02 Offset, but the profile loaded .865. I didn't have the guts to boot it, but that can't be right. The way offset has been scaling for me that would give me like 2.0V Vcore!

Hi All-

Just thought I would post my results.... I followed most of the directions here and it worked like a charm, although manual voltage of 1.4VCore was required to get stability with my i2600k @ 4.5 ghz. Anything less than 1.4 and it would BSOD within about 3 minutes of bench testing. Curiously enough according to the monitor under load it is actually running at 1.397... when it idles it goes back to 1.4. Passes 24 hr Prime "Blend" test, plus several hours of running Prime Blend with a looping FarCry 2 ranch demo on top. Running a Xigmatek LOKI with 2 fans on it, the 4 pin fan that comes with it and a Panaflo 3500 rpm on the output. Adding the 2nd fan effectively shaved a few C off the peak temps. It used to run in the mid 70s at full load and now only runs at abt 72 tops under the worst case circumstances. Prime Blend alone is 70 tops. Whole thing is kinda funny because at idle it is at about 15C... and most games don't seem to even make the fans ramp up that hard (I set the fans to start ramping at 40C, and go full blast by the time they hit 60C.

For those thinking about running Speedstep and the C-states, do it. It's well worth it. When my machine is doing nothing it clocks itself down to 1600mhz and the CPU runs at like 15C... and the whole computer uses less than 100W of power- and that's even with 3 hard disks spun up at all times.

Also a question while I'm at it... does anyone here know of a way to make the Asus fan software for the CHA_FAN allow you to set a lower baseline RPM? Doesn't really matter, but it would be a nice feature to have.... is this only because the fan I have is a 3 pin, or was the "40% throttle minimum" something that is just hard-coded into the
software?

-Mike

New Bios for P8P67...2103

I am trying to install this bios p8p67-asus-2103.ROM but it is saying "bios image does not match the bios rom currently presesnt" in the Windows util. In the Bios Flash utility it says "Image Integrity Check Failed'.

Right now I am on the version 0105 from 3/28/11 and move on to the latest version.

I am trying to install this bios p8p67-asus-2103.ROM but it is saying "bios image does not match the bios rom currently presesnt" in the Windows util. In the Bios Flash utility it says "Image Integrity Check Failed'.

Right now I am on the version 0105 from 3/28/11 and move on to the latest version.

Windows utility?
use a USB stick. and do it that way.
you have to extract the zip file as well.
look in your manual.

Windows utility?
use a USB stick. and do it that way.
you have to extract the zip file as well.
look in your manual.

I tried it in windows and using the utility in the bios.

I think there is a DOS utility also which I have not tried.

I think it is because the BIOS is labeled for P8P67and the older bios was labeled for P8P67 Rev 3.1.
===
I downloaded the new BIOS for P8P67 Rev 3.1. which has a different title than the P8P67 bios.. When I use the Flash2 utility in Bios, I get a message that this is not a UEFI Bios. :(

Do you use the DOS based utility to load it off the USB?

Last edited:

I think it is because the BIOS is labeled for P8P67and the older bios was labeled for P8P67 Rev 3.1.
===
I downloaded the new BIOS for P8P67 Rev 3.1. which has a different title than the P8P67 bios.. When I use the Flash2 utility in Bios, I get a message that this is not a UEFI Bios. :(

Maybe you got the wrong bios file I wouldn't know.
I use this one here off this Asus link
It is correct for my board.
I wouldn't know your boards model/specifics

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_REV_31/#specifications

I select the correct OS and then bios files, 4 listed take the newest.

but thats correct for my board rev31 bios

I use EZ Flash page 3-34 in the manual.
I don't use the DOS Utility Page 3-36 in manual.

Hi All-
For those thinking about running Speedstep and the C-states, do it. It's well worth it. When my machine is doing nothing it clocks itself down to 1600mhz and the CPU runs at like 15C... and the whole computer uses less than 100W of power- and that's even with 3 hard disks spun up at all times.

-Mike

If you're using AI Suite II to monitor your temps, keep in mind it reports temps differently than RealTemp, CoreTemp, AIDA, Speedfan, etc. It consistently, in every case I've seen, reports temps 10C lower than those programs - even when idle. Other programs should be showing you around 25C at idle. You simply can't get temps lower than the ambient room temperature without using advanced liquid cooling (watercooling *might* get you 6C above ambient). Do you know what the ambient temp is in the room the computer is in?

On my system, a P8P67 Pro with a i5 2500k at idle (OCed to 4.7GHz, with Speedstep on so it idles at 1600GHz at about 1.000v), AI Suite II shows 23-24C, while RealTemp, SpeedFan and HW Monitor Pro all show 33-34C (around 60C when testing with Prime95; IntelBurnTest at maximum is usually 5-7 degrees higher than Prime95). I have my CPU on a XSPC RX360 watercooling kit. Also keep in mind that FAN Xpert bases its fan speed profiles off the temps that AI Suite II sees . . .

Last edited:
I remember this being mentioned before but I had never seen it .. that bug where the offset goes way too high when you load a profile still exists. I was playing around with OC values and decided to go back to my old saved settings and guess what .. offset was set to 0.910 afterwards.

Wow, that bug still hasn't been fixed after all these months? I suggest you send a PM over to Raja about this. I remember someone killing their CPU this way because their voltage was set to 1.9v from this bug.

Then again, I remember some bug on an old GB p67 Bios, where setting the VTT to 1.2v would force the vcore to 1.7v...Seems fixed now at least but one person claimed it happened due to improper flash procedure or something, even though two people reported it...

The reason Asus never fixed this bug is because no one bothered to show the EXACT Steps needed to reproduce it. That also means showing if the bug can be reproduced after changing a previous setting, or if only at a certain memory or other setting in combination with it. I remember an old Gigabyte bug where the vcore would be set to 1.7v if you set the VTT to 1.2v, yet many people couldn't reproduce it, and someone else said it was possibly from improper cmos clearing or something. (sure doesn't happen now, though).

What you need to do is make sure you can reproduce the setting perfectly, and how to recreate it each time (obviously you don't need to SAVE the broken setting, just find out how to make it happen every time, and then PM Raja with it).

===

This happens thousands of times. ASUS bios usually named with 15 or more letters/numbers
All ASUS would have to do is put a single sentence in manual to
Change bios name to 8 letters or less (DOS maximum) and paste it onto FAT32 format USB 2.0 stick non bootable with legacy USB 2 enabled in bios, by itself, in root naked, insert stick before boot and go to tools section of bios

example:
P8P67new.rom

Just make sure you get right bios for mobo B2 B3 B3.1
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/mb/LGA1155/

98yqud.jpg

2hf3vr9.jpg

Last edited:
Back again, turns out my last settings were not stable.. I was getting random 124 stop error codes.. So back to the drawing board.. Currently 10 hours prime 95 on blend stable.. 25 passes LinX, hours of gaming and flash intensive apps..

Ive experienced some sort of degradation here.. Not sure if its the board or the CPU but 100% something has significantly degraded at this point.. 1.38volts at 100% load was plenty for 4.7Ghz 6 to 8 months ago... Now the chip requires 1.42volts at 100% load to be stable at 4.7Ghz..

My current settings:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 47
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: 1866mhz @ 9-9-9-24-t1
EPU Power Saving: Disabled
Load-Line Calibration: Ultra High
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 140%
CPU OverVoltage: Manual
CPU Voltage: 1.42
DRAM Voltage: 1.6
VCCSA Voltage: AUTO
VCCIO Voltage: 1.2
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.84
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E,: Enabled
CPU C3, C6 : disabled

Back again, turns out my last settings were not stable.. I was getting random 124 stop error codes.. So back to the drawing board.. Currently 10 hours prime 95 on blend stable.. 25 passes LinX, hours of gaming and flash intensive apps..

Ive experienced some sort of degradation here.. Not sure if its the board or the CPU but 100% something has significantly degraded at this point.. 1.38volts at 100% load was plenty for 4.7Ghz 6 to 8 months ago... Now the chip requires 1.42volts at 100% load to be stable at 4.7Ghz..

My current settings:

By All Cores: 47
Mem Freq: 1866mhz @ 9-9-9-24-t1
CPU Current Capability: 140%
CPU Voltage: 1.42
DRAM Voltage: 1.6
VCCIO Voltage: 1.2
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.84
CPU C3, C6 : disabled

For my sig(4.7) haven't needed the cpu capability at 140% , just plain ole 100%. load line high. each core set to 47. and i use different voltage settings. mem 2t.As for cpu PLL i don't use near that... thats pretty high start off 1.70 max. mines at 1.56

Last edited:
For my sig(4.7) haven't needed the cpu capability at 140% , just plain ole 100%. load line high. each core set to 47. and i use different voltage settings. mem 2t.As for cpu PLL i don't use near that... thats pretty high start off 1.70 max. mines at 1.56

You do know that default CPU PLL voltage is 1.8v, right?
It's even in the Intel tech sheets on their website...
1.84v is anything but "high." You really need to learn what the defaults are before spreading FUD. If he were at 1.9v+, THEN you can call it "high."

Intel's official supported range is 1.71-1.89v.

If you're stable with 1.56, then great. Some people have tried that low when overclocking, and found random instability and had to raise it closer to 1.8v...

You do know that default CPU PLL voltage is 1.8v, right?
It's even in the Intel tech sheets on their website...
1.84v is anything but "high." You really need to learn what the defaults are before spreading FUD. If he were at 1.9v+, THEN you can call it "high."

Intel's official supported range is 1.71-1.89v.

If you're stable with 1.56, then great. Some people have tried that low when overclocking, and found random instability and had to raise it closer to 1.8v...

No problem...... Yes I knew intels spec.
Didn't meant to spread FUD My sincerest apologies........put it whereever you want.:D

Reason for posting is degradation... If you look back threw this thread you can see in my original posts these settings are lower.. I was running 1.75 for PLL back then, and cpu current capability 120% with stock VRM.. I use prime 95 testing for 8 hours as one of my main programs to check instability and when settings that have been stable for 6 to8 months are no longer stable, you tend to use stock settings or a lil higher to get your OC stable as you dont have to go threw countless hours of prime testing..

So, conclusion at least with my experience is 32 Nm chips degrade fast!!! Wich makes perfect sense really.. BE-CAREFUL with your voltages people.. Every chip is different and needs different voltages in different places to make things stable most times.. You cant just take someone elses bios settings and copy them to your bios and expect to be stable.. At least 9 times outta 10 anyway.. Maybe it is that newer chips these days are more closer to one another and thats why you may see other peoples settings work for you..

At any rate, in the beginning of this thread Juan said:

1. Approximately 50% of CPUs can go up to 4.4~4.5 GHz
2. Approximately 40% of CPUs can go up to 4.6~4.7 GHz
3. Approximately 10% of CPUs can go up to 4.8~5 GHz (50+ multipliers are about 2% of this group)

Last edited:
Reason for posting is degradation... If you look back threw this thread you can see in my original posts these settings are lower.. I was running 1.75 for PLL back then, and cpu current capability 120% with stock VRM.. I use prime 95 testing for 8 hours as one of my main programs to check instability and when settings that have been stable for 6 to8 months are no longer stable, you tend to use stock settings or a lil higher to get your OC stable as you dont have to go threw countless hours of prime testing..

So, conclusion at least with my experience is 32 Nm chips degrade fast!!! Wich makes perfect sense really.. BE-CAREFUL with your voltages people.. Every chip is different and needs different voltages in different places to make things stable most times.. You cant
just take someone elses bios settings and copy them to your bios and expect to be stable.. At least 9 times outta 10 anyway.. Maybe it is that newer chips these days are more closer to one another and thats why you may see other peoples settings work for you..

At any rate, in the beginning of this thread Juan said:

Exactly correct about voltage and any setting in relation to it

No you can't just import anothers settings I never typed you could.

However if one took the substance out of the first series of posts from the Asus reps findings one can glean a "few similarities" albeit with some unintended varience between production samples

I test with prime 95 64 bit version test for 24 hours but thats just me I am pretty fussy.

The reason Asus never fixed this bug is because no one bothered to show the EXACT Steps needed to reproduce it. That also means showing if the bug can be reproduced after changing a previous setting, or if only at a certain memory or other setting in combination with it. I remember an old Gigabyte bug where the vcore would be set to 1.7v if you set the VTT to 1.2v, yet many people couldn't reproduce it, and someone else said it was possibly from improper cmos clearing or something. (sure doesn't happen now, though).

What you need to do is make sure you can reproduce the setting perfectly, and how to recreate it each time (obviously you don't need to SAVE the broken setting, just find out how to make it happen every time, and then PM Raja with it).

I can reproduce this problem like this, some background info first:

- I'm using Advanced mode normally.
- I'm clocked to 103x46 using offset.
- I have that saved in OC profile (profile 2) .. profile 1 is for a 4.5 setup.

If I now go to Ez-mode and choose the largest OC (which puts your clocks to 103x43 I think), save and reboot then all is normal - that's what I get at around 1.36v for me. 20 second Prime to confirm.

If I now go back to BIOS and change that to 101x44 (so it's similar clock), save and reboot then all is normal - that's what I get at around 1.36v still. 20 second Prime to confirm (I didn't change anything else).

However, if I now reboot and go back to my own profile for 4.7Ghz (103x46) and pick that, go and check my offset.. it shows up as 0.965v (which would put my vcore >2.0v)

add:
Once I noticed it did it again, I also tried Profile 1 (the 4.5Ghz profile I also have) - for this, the offset showed up correctly. So without saving/exiting, I went back to Profile 2 and it was back to 0.965v. That may mean that the problem isn't saving / changing values alone/specifically, but the fact it's using the 2nd Profile (or combination of both).

add2:
Changing between Profile 1 and Profile 2 alone (without doing those other steps) doesn't make this happen, the values stay correct.

Easy and quick enough for anyone else to try and confirm. I can make it happen so I can't see why you couldn't.

Last edited:
Hello.

I just did my OC after a long time without it (OCZ SSD problems few months ago with all the sandforce issues, so since then I didn't have time to OC again.) So I did this configuration:

By All Cores: 46
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.060
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
Additional Turbo Voltage: +0.012 (start with +0.012, you may want to increase it)
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

I'm fine with 4.6GHZ, but the problem is that my cpu goes up to 75-80 degrees with prime on the hardest stress test. I have 2 XCooler Master BladeMaster 120mm on a Scythe Mugen2 Rev. B.
I know that this temp isn't high for 2500K, but I just want to be on the safe side. Is there any sense to increase the voltage to make it cooler or increasing the voltage will do the opposite/nothing at all?

Thanks.

P.S I'm on 2103 BIOS (P8P67).

Hello.

I just did my OC after a long time without it (OCZ SSD problems few months ago with all the sandforce issues, so since then I didn't have time to OC again.) So I did this configuration:

Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.060
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
Additional Turbo Voltage: +0.012 (start with +0.012, you may want to increase it)
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

I'm fine with 4.6GHZ, but the problem is that my cpu goes up to 75-80 degrees with prime on the hardest stress test. I have 2 XCooler Master BladeMaster 120mm on a Scythe Mugen2 Rev. B.
I know that this temp isn't high for 2500K, but I just want to be on the safe side. Is there any sense to increase the voltage to make it cooler or increasing the voltage will do the opposite/nothing at all?

Thanks.

P.S I'm on 2103 BIOS (P8P67).

How is the case airflow?

Last edited:
How is the case airflow?

My cables are managed, and I have another 120mm at the back of the 2X120mm that takes the air out. I have another fan for my HDD and that's it. I wanted to put 2 more on the top, but it was too noisy. I have coolermaster CM690 (V1)

Hello,

first of all, I tried to read the main post more then 1 time to be sure what I'm going to ask isnt on there, but, if it is, I'm sorry :D.
I'm really new to anything related to Overclocking, I just build my first rig 3 weeks ago and only started "overclokcing" 7-10 days ago.

Before I post my questions, let me say the pieces..
Asus Sabertooth rev3 (bios version 2103)
i7 2600k (d2)
Corsair AX850W
Cooler H100
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (9-9-9-24-2 1.5v)

At the moment I have it overclocked to 4.6ghz:
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Auto
Mem Freq: 1600mhz @ 9-9-9-24-2
Duty Contorl: C Probe Current (I belive its the equivalent to Extreme, but on Sabertooth)
CPU Voltage: 1.38v
DRAM Voltage: 1.5v
VCCIO Voltage: AUTO
CPU PLL Voltage: AUTO
CPU C3 and C6 : AUTO

To test the stability:
Intel Burn Test at MAX 30 cicles (Ambient 30º,max CPU temp: 57, Max Core Temps: 66, 71, 70 69)
Linx at MAX 25 cicles (Ambient 30º,max CPU temp: 55, Max Core Temps: 65, 69, 68, 68)
Prime95 10hours (Ambient 31º,max CPU temp: 57, Max Core Temps: 67, 71, 69, 68)
Battlefield 3 for 4 hours (Ambient 27º, max CPU temp 45º, Max Core Temps: 52, 54, 53, 54)

My question are:
Is there anything I can change on bios to be able to use a lower Vcore or changes that could affect temperatures somehow?
Should I be setting manually Vccio / Vccsa / Cpu Pll Voltage?
Should I change CPU current Capability?
About the way Im testing the stability... is it overkill or its correct? (I'm asking this because I could play bf3 with the cpu at 4.7ghz @ 1.395v, but couldnt get it stable on Intel Burn test even at 1.420v)

So many question =/, if someone is really pacient and willing to help a nub, add me on skype/msn/anywhere :D.

So, the last ones :D.
I would like to know what is the "common" agreement on what is a "safe" Vcore for 24/7 (suposing there is one :D)
I'm trying to set a 47 or even a 48 multi for daily use but I really would like to learn how to tune the settings to get my pc to the limit :[ (just for fun, Im really enjoying doing this), right now I cant get it stable at 4.7ghz even with Vcore 4.25v, thats why I decide to ask for help ^_^.

Anyway, thanks for any help and Im sorry for the english mistakes, its not my native language.

edit: I don't know if this information is important or anything, but, I could get to windows and open webpages / a few programs (real temp / cpuid / ai suite...) at 5.0ghz @ 1.44v (I really don't know if this information matters, just posted because I friend told me to do it :I)
edit2: Link to pics of my bios settings, http://imgur.com/a/vJIur

Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting this motherboard (p8p p67 deluxe) to boot. The power button at the bottom is red and the reset button is green. Does anyone know what this means? I don't have a manual. Is there an online manual available somewhere?

When I try to turn it on I get no response. I know my PSU is good. The power is all connected properly (main power, cpu power, 12volt power). I've tried using only one hard drive and I'm using only one ram dimm. Is there something I could be forgetting? Could it be possible I have a bricked motherboard? I got it "refurbished".

Thanks for any help, I'm really considering sending this back.

I'm having trouble getting this motherboard (p8p p67 deluxe) to boot. The power button at the bottom is red and the reset button is green. Does anyone know what this means? I don't have a manual. Is there an online manual available somewhere?

When I try to turn it on I get no response. I know my PSU is good. The power is all connected properly (main power, cpu power, 12volt power). I've tried using only one hard drive and I'm using only one ram dimm. Is there something I could be forgetting? Could it be possible I have a bricked motherboard? I got it "refurbished".

Thanks for any help, I'm really considering sending this back.

Try check with Asus at http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_DELUXE/#overview

what version bios do you have that board ?

Did you happen bought it from Geeks ?

what version bios do you have that board ?

Did you happen bought it from Geeks ?

Oh hmm for some reason I didn't see the link to the manual the first time I looked.

No idea what bios. And yes I did :) Are they known for problems?

I just read the manual and it doesn't say anything about the color of the power and reset buttons. Are they supposed to be red and green? The LED number system doesn't light up at all.

Last edited:
Oh hmm for some reason I didn't see the link to the manual the first time I looked.

No idea what bios. And yes I did :) Are they known for problems?

I just read the manual and it doesn't say anything about the color of the power and reset buttons. Are they supposed to be red and green? The LED number system doesn't light up at all.

Geeks never respond email back to me about the missing contents.

Mine (power didn't light up and don't know what color but reset is green working for me.)

LED numbers working fine for me.

Try flash new bios by usb easy way.

Hello everyone,
Firstly i want to say that i read this topic for some time and i want to thank all people here , its the best there is about this matter.
Secondly about my problem :
I have this system :

CPU : I7-2600K at 4.7 Ghz OC
MOBO: Asus Pro P8P67 Rev. B 3.0 , BIOS 2001
HDD : OCZ Vertex 3 Sata 3 240 GB .
RAM : 4x4GB DIMM1: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

I use this computer for virtualization under Hyper-V
Now i understand that after the last BIOS update , vers 2103 u can add the 8GB DiMM.
I need to install 4 x 8Gb Dimm but in the Qualified Vendor List from 2011.08.30 update
(http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_PRO/#download) there are only 2 models of accepted RAM , the A-DATA (SU3U1333W8G9-B) and the Samsung (M378B1G73AH0-CH9).
The problem is : In Romania from where i am i do not find this memory .
I check on other countries and i Germany the Samsung is around 145 Eur for 1x8GB..so 600 Eur for 4x8GB is kinda tooo much .
I did not find anything on web about other memory that i can use.
But i found this DIMMS :

1.http://www.kmcomputer.de/item/584/576/0/290621/8gb-corsair-cl10-vengeance-pc312800u-dimm.html 60 Eur /8GB
2.http://www.provantage.com/corsair-cmx8gx3m1a1333c9~7CSMM03N.htm 73USD /8GB
3.http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=C75282D1A5CA7304
400 USD/4x8GB

this prices sounds much better then 600EUR = 800 USD

The price is really different but i do not know if they will work , even thou the ones from Crucial website say it works on Asus Pro P8p67 they do not appear in the QVL.

What should i do ? should i buy them and take the risk ?
if somebody have any ideas for my problems please share them with me.

4 SEPERATE individual sticks prob wont work since they havent been tested together
They may work, they may not
They may boot, but errors after hours of use
You have a dual channel mem mobo, I am not sure that even a QUAD channel 4 X 8GB mem kit would work.
I like Corsair Vengeance 1.5V 16GB kits (4 X 4) CML (low profile to clear Heat Sink)
http://www.corsair.com/memory/intel-memory-upgrades/dual-channel-intel-memory-upgrade-kits.html
I really dont see any DUAL CHANNEL 4 X8GB KITS around - I looked myself for a CAD CAM PC build.

You could buy 4 separate GSkill 8GB for $280, but once again may not function correctly
GSkill is very good about returns and if say you tested ea stick and found the one that ruins things you could just replace it - many times if necessary.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...a-_-na&AID=10440897&PID=3332167&SID=u00000687

Note that every 4 X 8GB KIT here says quad channel
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...a-_-na&AID=10440897&PID=3332167&SID=u00000687

If you do buy 4 8GB sticks - do a linpak full test first day

Back