Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Try a + 0.060 on the offset , Mine is at 0.040 but see what works for you.

Load-Line Calibration: Medium

That's the only difference between mine & yours..

Good luck

Thanks ill give that a try... I did have a specific off set value before but thought Auto would just select the best value for me :D

What about the game issue ? Could that be caused by my cpu underclocking ?

Another question i'd like to ask...

When idle watching through cpuz, my clock speed sits on 1600mhz but randomly jumps up to 4600mhz.

Also the voltage even when the clock speed is 1600mhz fluctuates between 0.088 v and 1.224 v ..

Is that normal ? If not can i fix it ?

Bit worried :eek:

Another question i'd like to ask...

When idle watching through cpuz, my clock speed sits on 1600mhz but randomly jumps up to 4600mhz.

Also the voltage even when the clock speed is 1600mhz fluctuates between 0.088 v and 1.224 v ..

Is that normal ? If not can i fix it ?

Bit worried :eek:

Mine doesn't do that. You probably have something running in the background that is causing it.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think everyone is full of $hit when they post their max load temps? I've been doing this for years and it never fails - people with nearly identical setups to me somehow manage 10 degrees C less, and I live in Minnesota to boot!

There has to be a bias toward people putting lower numbers up, I don't understand the reasoning though. Either that or I've been doing it wrong all these years (that's not the case :D)

I believe the people posting these low temps are not reading the core temp but rather the package temp from a sensor right under the heat spreader. Even ASUS' AISuite was changed to use the THS sensor which always shows 10 degrees less than Real Temp or Core Temp. What I don't understand is why the the max core temp is believed to be 90, but the max THS temp is only 72, when the actual temperature difference between these sensor seems to be 10. All I can think is that perhaps the gap between these sensors widens as the CPU gets hotter.

Already addressed this a few posts back. There is no temperature sensor right under the IHS.

There is HW PECI which reads the hottest core from all DTS core sensors and provides a rolling average over sampling period to provide temperatures to fractions of a degree. Just like the DTS the PECI temp counts to 0 at Tjmax and to get an approximate temperature needs to be calculated by subtracting the offset from Tjmax, ie if PECI reads 20.5 with a Tjmax of 98C then core temperature = 98 - 20.5 = 77.5C. It seems Asus has decided to use tcontrol offset for fan control rather than tjmax. If you want the correct temp then you need to program the SIO with tjmax offset instead, but beware this may affect fan control.

Also the real IHS temperature and core temperature difference changes with power, the more power the further apart they will be, not the constant offset shown as indicated in other posts of 10C.

Here's an example with PECI set to tjmax.
peci.png

Mine doesn't do that. You probably have something running in the background that is causing it.

Doh.. Yep my bad lol, Norton does stuff when the pc goes idle forgot about that lol :p

Can anyone give me some settings to hold my cpu at 4.7 ghz constant with out it underclocking when idle ??

I originally bought an oc'd bundle when SB 1st came out then rather than sending my bundle back to get the b3 rev replacement board i just got the mobo replaced and found this site :D

I would like to have a OC profile that was basically what my bundle came as in the first place but im a beginner at all this.

I know most things were set to auto but there was a constant core voltage of 1.400 set and some of the other voltages below that were set too...

Anyone mind sharing some settings to do this that will be safe ?

I believe the people posting these low temps are not reading the core temp but rather the package temp from a sensor right under the heat spreader. Even ASUS' AISuite was changed to use the THS sensor which always shows 10 degrees less than Real Temp or Core Temp. What I don't understand is why the the max core temp is believed to be 90, but the max THS temp is only 72, when the actual temperature difference between these sensor seems to be 10. All I can think is that perhaps the gap between these sensors widens as the CPU gets hotter.

I have coretemp with tjmax set to 100. Now, when I hit about 86ish tops on coretemp, my CPU starts throttling. That doesn't make any sense to me, unless tjmax is 90 as you say. I don't plan on running at that temp, but I was a little disappointed because there is no way I can hit 5.0 with my cooling.

Is tjmax actually programmed into the CPU? If so, is it possible some CPUs are set to lower tjmax because they are lacking compared to others? Actually, I should make sure I'm not missing any thermal monitoring BIOS settings...

I am 24 hours prime95 stable @ 4.7, max temps 72/80/80/79.

I don't believe the TJMax is actually published and everyone is just guessing that it's 90 or 98. I think the last time Intel actually made that data public we were at 65nm parts, so I find it easy to believe that it would be lower now at 32nm. If your seeing throttling at 86, add in a little a margin for error, and I believe the TJMax for Sandy Bridge is probably 90 then.

Can anyone give me some settings to hold my cpu at 4.7 ghz constant with out it underclocking when idle ??

I think the best method for preventing idle is through the OS. In Windows 7 you can simply select the High Performance power profile or change any profile's advanced setting to 100% CPU for idle.

In BIOS you can disable C1E to prevent idle.

I have coretemp with tjmax set to 100. Now, when I hit about 86ish tops on coretemp, my CPU starts throttling. That doesn't make any sense to me, unless tjmax is 90 as you say. I don't plan on running at that temp, but I was a little disappointed because there is no way I can hit 5.0 with my cooling.

Is tjmax actually programmed into the CPU? If so, is it possible some CPUs are set to lower tjmax because they are lacking compared to others?

Tjmax is programmed into the CPU and not changeable. You don't need to know the temperature of tjmax to see if that is what is causing your throttling, you can check by reading the DTS instead. When it reaches 0 that is tjmax. If DTS reads 20 then you are approximately 20C below tjmax, I say approximate because the sensors aren't meant to be super accurate but used to prevent overheating. There are other means to throttling the CPU at lower temperatures such as ACPI.

If you set tjmax to 100C and it shows throttling at 86C then DTS is at 14. That means you are still ~14C from the CPU causing the throttling via the CPU inbuilt thermal monitoring.

BTW, if you set tjmax to 90C instead of 100C it would only result in reporting throttling at 76C instead of 86C as DTS would still be ~14 when that happens.

Last edited:
I have a P8P67 Pro 3.0 updated to 2001 BIOS. I'd like to OC my 2500k Turbo so that I still get the low frequencies when doing low cpu intensive task but have the availability of 4-4.2ish GHZ OC when the CPU is taxed. I'd like to keep the power saving settings on so that the CPU does not always spike to the turbo speed at the slightest CPU utilization. Apparently Kyle has been commenting that this is an issue with Asus BIOS. I want to avoid that if possible.

Now, I've read some of the [H] ocing reviews and they suggest enabling over voltage and raising DIGI+VRM control to Ultra High and the CPU current control to 130%. However, what I'm afraid of is raising it to high for my mild OC.

Any tips?

ive been stuck trying to figure out a few things hit 5ghz but it wanted 1.5vcore so i bac down to 4.8 it wanted like 1.44 vcore down to 4.7 its at like 1.38 vcore but what i dont know is to put my setting

VRM FREQUENZY - AUTO (LLC OFF) in aisuite2 or set to 350 whats the diff???
VRM PHASE CONTROL - EXTREME or MANUAL ADJUSTMENT SET TO ULTRA FAST??/

If you set a manual Vcore value, the CPU will always run at that voltage. You may see the clock drop to 16, but it will still get full voltage. If you don't see the clock dropping, I had to manually enable C1E.

There are 2 ways that I know of to OC and have the voltage drop with the clock. In either case I have:
VRM Freq - 350
Phase Control - Extreme
Duty Control - Extreme
All other settings in Auto/Default.

1) The easy way
I can simply set LLC to Medium which gives me 1.368 at x46. You can set it to High and try to go higher, but be very careful. LLC will provide more voltage than you actually need but it's the quickest and easiest way to get to 46 and maybe 48.

2) The long way
Set LLC to High, and begin with a CPU Offset Voltage of +.005 at x44 and see what voltage you get. You can slowly raise the multiplier and Offset voltage in steps until you get unstable or hit the max voltage you are comfortable with. All reports I've seen suggest CPU degradation begins at 1.4V, so think about how long you would like your CPU to last before deciding on a max voltage. My guess is 1.5V should last 3 years.

hi people new here and my first post.
I just upgraded my rig yesterday with 2500k, Kingston HyperX 1600 8GB kit and Asus P8P67 Pro.

I ran it with all settings on auto but manual voltage of 1.25 and multi 45 for a 4.5ghz OC.
Passed Prime95 blend for 11 hours with average temp of 58 degrees.

Today I changed some settings to PLL overvoltage off and offset - 0.100.
In CPU-Z while running Prime Im getting vcore of 1.248 - 1.256.
average temps of 61 degrees after 3 hours so far.

Does that sound good? I think I got a good chip which should get to 4.8 with 1.40 or less volts.

That sounds real good. My 2500k I bought in March needs over 1.3V to hit 45.

That sounds real good. My 2500k I bought in March needs over 1.3V to hit 45.

Yeah I am pleased with it.
Although I did not do 12+ hours like people over on Overclock.net say you need to do before its classed as stable.

Will be trying 4.8ghz at 1.3v next hopefully I dont need more then 1.32 which gives me plenty of headroom to try 5ghz.

Last edited:
Yeah I am pleased with it.
Although I did not do 12+ hours like people over on Overclock.net say you need to do before its classed as stable.

Will be trying 4.8ghz at 3.0v next hopefully I dont need more then 3.25 which gives me plenty of headroom to try 5ghz.

Good luck with 3.0v

Good luck with 3.0v

ha ha oops typo meant to be 1.3v.

edit
currently running 1.32v for 4.8ghz
after hour and half of Prime 95 so far temps are average of 68 degrees with room temp of 20 degrees.
I got a Silver Arrow so I think it needs to be installed again as temps seem a bit high for 1.32v.
Anyone agree?

Last edited:
I think your temps are fine. I have a Thermalright Venomoux X installed with dual sanyo denki fans in push pull and at 1.32v I get about 67-68c as well. I am only running at 4.5ghz as well, so 300mhz over is not bad at all. No real world use will put your cpu at that kind of load anyways and you are still far from the danger point, so I would just enjoy your very fast cpu and fret no more.

I had to up the offset today as one of the Prime95 workers failed after 3 hours.
Now I got offset of minus 0.040 for cpu-z vcore of 1.33

My 2500k at 1.3v with an H60 is around 65C, so I think your temps are fine. My personal limit is 72C, but I see a lot folks happy with much higher.

My 2500k at 1.3v with an H60 is around 65C, so I think your temps are fine. My personal limit is 72C, but I see a lot folks happy with much higher.

I should be getting slightly better temps then your H60 as Silver Arrow is meant to beat it by a few degrees.

ha ha oops typo meant to be 1.3v.

edit
currently running 1.32v for 4.8ghz
after hour and half of Prime 95 so far temps are average of 68 degrees with room temp of 20 degrees.
I got a Silver Arrow so I think it needs to be installed again as temps seem a bit high for 1.32v.
Anyone agree?

I think you're fine. I have a silver arrow too running 4.8 at 1.36 and my temps max is 68 with prime.

something went very wrong ha ha
after about 4 hours my temps were on average 69-70 and then all of a sudden 2 cores jumped to 80 and stayed there. I let it run for another 10 min and average was now 78! so I stopped prime and now idle temps jumped to 37 on idle from 31.

I think you're fine. I have a silver arrow too running 4.8 at 1.36 and my temps max is 68 with prime.

ah ok
thanks

I think I need to re sit it as a almost 10 degree increase in a few seconds aint normal.

Last edited:
I'm running a Deluxe, BIOS 2001, 2600K, 16 Gigs G Skill Ripjaws 1600, Scythe Mugen 3. Built it about a week ago. My CPU seems to really like the voltage. To get 4.8 GHz stable at all required ultra extreme settings and core 1 & 2 were at 90C within a few minutes of prime 95. With less voltage it would lose core 5 & 6 in a few minutes, then core 2, then blue screen.

This is 4.6GHz, 4 hours prime stable, voltage peaks at 1.392, temps in the mid 70s, idles around 30C and 1.048 volts. Any suggestions for 4.8?

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: 1600
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.080
DRAM Voltage: 1.5
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

Got it stable at 4.8 by turning off CPU Spread Spectrum (may or may not help) and upping LLC to Extra High. Under load it goes up to 1.44 volts and I had temps in the mid 80s on the hottest cores during a 2 hour prime run. Added a 2nd fan to the Mugen and that's keeping it down to 82 max.

Oh, and all of this is with hyperthreading on.

4.8 is important to me because my 920 was at 3.8 and I want another 1GHz. I'll try 5.0, but will probably go back to 4.6 for day to day use.

mine is now 12 hour prime stable at 4.8ghz @ 1.33v

average temps were 68 degrees with 23 ambient temp
max temps were 70 72 72 71

ai9hp.png

Last edited:
That is awesome!
I feel my multiplier wall is 45. Here's what my chip needs:
x44 - 1.304
x45 - 1.328
x46 - 1.368
x47 - 1.415

I'm going to stick with x45 24/7 as my personal preference is stay at or below 1.35.
I'm thinking of bumping the BCLK to see what I can squeeze out. Has anyone had success with say 103?

Thanks for this, I just ordered an Asus board of this series. Plan to check back here soon.

That is awesome!
I feel my multiplier wall is 45. Here's what my chip needs:
x44 - 1.304
x45 - 1.328
x46 - 1.368
x47 - 1.415

I'm going to stick with x45 24/7 as my personal preference is stay at or below 1.35.
I'm thinking of bumping the BCLK to see what I can squeeze out. Has anyone had success with say 103?

Yes I played around with the 103 on the old board before the recall and had a stable Overclock as I wanted to get as close to 2000MHz on my Dominator GT CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 witch was 1922 I believe with a 103 BCLK. But now I just went with the 100 and 2133MHz .. I know the ROG board does well with the BCLK but others can be temperamental so be prepared for a corrupted boot sector just to name 1 off the top of my head that has happened to me .. Just make a back up Image of C:\ on a external or separate HDD in case the windows repair disk cant fix the corruption.

Yeah it is. :)
I dont know if it will be able to do 5ghz with less then 1.45 though.
Need to re do my cooler though before I try 5.

Could you post your full list of BIOS settings for this overclock?
I want to try what you've got.

This is 4.6GHz, 4 hours prime stable, voltage peaks at 1.392, temps in the mid 70s, idles around 30C and 1.048 volts. Any suggestions for 4.8?

Load-Line Calibration: Regular ----> Ultra high/fast.
CPU Current Capability: 100% ---> 130%
VCCIO Voltage: ----> 1.125
CPU PLL Voltage: ----> 1.7
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled -----> Enabled.

Change to this.

Just got mine going last night.
Doing a conservative 4005mhz, i5 2500k, so far prime 95 stable for 10hrs
Will play more when have more time
Bios on the P8P67 is really neat.

CaptureJPG2-1.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running a Deluxe, BIOS 2001, 2600K, 16 Gigs G Skill Ripjaws 1600, Scythe Mugen 3. Built it about a week ago. My CPU seems to really like the voltage. To get 4.8 GHz stable at all required ultra extreme settings and core 1 & 2 were at 90C within a few minutes of prime 95. With less voltage it would lose core 5 & 6 in a few minutes, then core 2, then blue screen.

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
CPU Current Capability: 100%
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Specs -
CPU: 2600k
MOBO: ASUS P8Z68 V PRO
RAM: 2x 4GB RIPJAWS X 1600 8-8-8-24 2T
SSD: M4 CRUCIAL 128GB
GPU: MSI 580 GTX LIGHTNING
PSU: CORSAIR HX-1050
HSF: COOLMASTER 212 EVO

I can not for the life of me find a stable overclock.. I am new to overclocking but I have been spending a lot of time reading and following many guides (including Clump's). I have played with manually setting voltages getting up to 1.3 - 1.35 at 43x - 44x and could not even get that stable (as in prime95 quickly produced errors). From what I understand that is really high for just 43x - 44x but anything lower would freeze on windows startup.

I started playing with offset voltages, and finally found some stability with the above settings (except with a 45x, i tried 46x but it froze on windows startup). I ran 2 hours of prime with no errors, temps were fine however I did notice the voltages fluctuating very often in cpuz (1.328 - 1.360 every 5 seconds or so on full load, and on idle every few seconds between 0.888 - 1.100) but no crashes and seemed stable. I played some games while keeping an eye on cpu-z voltages and saw it spike once up to 1.392 but again no crashes and seemed stable.

However, the next morning tried to boot and froze on windows loading screen. So once again reverted back to stock settings. At stock settings, stability is rock solid (on stock settings I also noticed my memory timings are at 11-11-11-28 1T 800MHz).

I am curious about the voltage fluctuation, is that much fluctuation normal and/or safe?

but mainly looking for any advice to help me get a stable overclock. My goal is 4.5 which as far as I can tell is meant to be pretty easy (just not for me) and these settings are the closest I have come to achieving that.

I know it's looked down on, but have you tried the P8Z68V Pro BIOS stock overclock? It runs at 43x/103.0 iirc on my 2500k/P8Z68V Pro and has been stable for the length of times I've run P95 and IBT.

I'm currently running a 45x/100.0 multiplier at 1.32v... but need to do some testing to find if it will be stable at voltages below 1.32v.

Back