Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

I think the offset that you linked is a different kind of offset from what they're asking.

Correct. We are asking how to manipulate the core voltage via the offset method properly. I tried using offset and it automatically set my voltage to around 1.56v on bootup. I'm just not sure how to properly set the voltage manually using the offset system, and why you'd need to adjust the offset either up or down.

We are asking how to manipulate the core voltage via the offset method properly. I tried using offset and it automatically set my voltage to around 1.56v on bootup. I'm just not sure how to properly set the voltage manually using the offset system, and why you'd need to adjust the offset either up or down.

The thing that confused me most about this is that offset = auto is not the same as offset = 0 (which is not available). Indeed, after experimenting with it, I've found that offset = auto is about the same as offset = +0.030 with a 43x multiplier on my CPU, both of which yield an idle voltage of around 1.33.

Correct. We are asking how to manipulate the core voltage via the offset method properly. I tried using offset and it automatically set my voltage to around 1.56v on bootup. I'm just not sure how to properly set the voltage manually using the offset system, and why you'd need to adjust the offset either up or down.

Using the offset allows the vcore to throttle down at idle, then throttle up as the cpu ramps up instead of maintaining the same vcore all the time. The plus or minus allows you to tweek the settings either up or down. In my case I have the turbo set to 44x and the offset set to -.010, that gets me a stable system with vcore idle at .960 and 100% at 1.320. I learned this through just playing with it so there is probably more to it.

Using the offset allows the vcore to throttle down at idle, then throttle up as the cpu ramps up instead of maintaining the same vcore all the time. The plus or minus allows you to tweek the settings either up or down. In my case I have the turbo set to 44x and the offset set to -.010, that gets me a stable system with vcore idle at .960 and 100% at 1.320. I learned this through just playing with it so there is probably more to it.

I understand that. It's just every time I switch it from manual voltage to offset voltage at my overclock, it tries to raise the voltage to 1.56v on bootup so I'm not doing something right. Do I enter the voltage manually and then hit what I want for offset? Can I choose to make it not offset anything but still downclock voltage with speedstep?

Hello All,

Thanks for all the comments and feedback you should be happy to know that i am working on the third revision of the guide to correct a few items, updates some other items and also introduce information about how to use Offset as this has been a topic of interest in overclocking on K series.

Should you guys have any other questions regarding what you would like to see in the third version of the guide please let me know.

As always hope it helps. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

No dont enter vcore manually, use the minus and manually increase the automatic voltage subtracted from what the software thinks it should be. Software thought mine should have been about 1.39 or something like that. I have it running stable at 1.32 max vcore when cpu is 100%. I dont know if other boards support that feature, but it is very nice for overclocking and power saving.

No dont enter vcore manually, use the minus and manually increase the automatic voltage subtracted from what the software thinks it should be. Software thought mine should have been about 1.39 or something like that. I have it running stable at 1.32 max vcore when cpu is 100%. I dont know if other boards support that feature, but it is very nice for overclocking and power saving.

How do you know what the software thinks it should be? If I know I need 1.4V under load for a given overclock, how do I figure out what offset to use? Just try a few and see which one is right?

Thanks for the head's up Apehangers, I did your formula and it worked out nicely. The board was upping my chip to 1.4 for a 4.5 o/c, now I'm at 1.32 at the same O/C. Sweet! The only problem with manually inputing your voltage is it is constant and never throttles down. (at least this has been my observation.)

EDIT: I started getting random Mem dump blue screens using that.

Last edited:
Thank you for the guide. I found it be a valuable resource and look forward to the next version!

Thanks Juan.. settings need to be updated for the 1253 bios.. specifically the AI OC to Auto and C states enabled. Below are my stable settings for 4.8Ghz and 5.0Ghz OC's.

1253 BIOS Settings:

AI Tweaker:
AI OC- Auto
Turbo Raito- Per Core
Internal PLL- Enabled
Mem Freq- Per your RAM specs
Load Line- Ultra High
VRM Freq- Manual
VRM Fixed- 350
Phase- Extreme
Duty- Extreme
CPU Volt- Manual, 4.8Ghz @ 1.35v, 5.0Ghz @ 1.45v
DRAM Volt- Per your RAM specs

Advanced --> CPU Config
CPU Ratio- Auto
Active Cores- All
Limit CPUID- Disabled
Everything else- Enabled

Can the bluetooth be trned off or disabled ? keep getting error message on start up. Not using and really don't need this at this time.

From the pics I see it looks like one of those USB micro bluetooth adapters that are packed with some mice. Can it just be pulled out?

Great guide! With the new 1253 bios I am able to push my 2600k to 101x48 on 1.415 V. I may try lowering my voltage tho as running prime95 for 45 mins brings my temps up to 85 degrees. That's definitely too high, right?

I'm using all the settings as shown in the second post. I have a hyper 212+ cooler with dual fans.

If using the offset to set voltages do i use the offset to get stability by adding more increments? i.e. if im not stable at 4.5 and i have the offset 0.025 do i increase it to 0.030 for stability?

If using the offset to set voltages do i use the offset to get stability by adding more increments? i.e. if im not stable at 4.5 and i have the offset 0.025 do i increase it to 0.030 for stability?

Yes. You can also try adjusting the load line calibration to reduce the Vdroop.

My computer won't boot if I manually set my memory to it's proper settings (1600, 8-8-8-24-1, 1.5v) (and yes I even tried 1.65v with looser timings) with the latest bios. It will only boot if they're all on auto except volt (on auto it sets it to 1.65 instead of 1.5, so I manually set to 1.5). On auto it sets my memory to 1066.

My memory is Ocz Reapers 8-8-8-24-1 1.5v from microcenter. Like I said, works on previous bios, no go on new bios

Wow, just like that, I got my 2600K all the way to 4.8Ghz. I still have yet to do any stress test, but I'm happy already since it just passed AIDA64 Benchmark (usually if I have stability issue it would crash here). So, it's good news! Now, on the 5Ghz +!!!

Okay, I came back from a 5Ghz experiment, not success. Wouldn't even boot into Windows. I'm sure it's just something I just need to change. Anyone knows what needs to change (from all the screenshot above) to obtain 5Ghz stable?

Can someone share what is your VID? Mine is: 1.3761v. What does it have to do with OCing, though?

Last edited:
Wow, just like that, I got my 2600K all the way to 4.8Ghz. I still have yet to do any stress test, but I'm happy already since it just passed AIDA64 Benchmark (usually if I have stability issue it would crash here). So, it's good news! Now, on the 5Ghz +!!!

Okay, I came back from a 5Ghz experiment, not success. Wouldn't even boot into Windows. I'm sure it's just something I just need to change. Anyone knows what needs to change (from all the screenshot above) to obtain 5Ghz stable?

Can someone share what is your VID? Mine is: 1.3761v. What does it have to do with OCing, though?

I doubt that is actually your VID, that is really high - how are you checking that? Lower VIDs give you more room to up the voltage to get a better overclock (at least that's the theory).

From the pics I see it looks like one of those USB micro bluetooth adapters that are packed with some mice. Can it just be pulled out?

Looks like a dongle, but it's not. It's a permanent mount. It can be disabled in BIO...er, UEFI.

How can I set a maximum voltage limit? I do not want to set a static voltage, but I also do not want to see my CPU Vcore hit 1.4 EVER again. I don't care what the initial post in this thread says.

Looks like a dongle, but it's not. It's a permanent mount. It can be disabled in BIO...er, UEFI.

Where in the UEFI can it be disabled? I have looked everywhere..

I have uninstalled the bluetooth software and disabled it in device manager.. Now I am back to sub 15 second bootups. Seems like the bluetooth stack hangs at the welcome screen for a long time (around 35 seconds to desktop if all bluetooth loaded).

Pre-crash indicator: AI Suite II won't load.

If someone can confirm this we may have a way to determine if windows 7 x64 will BSOD at your current settings. AI Suite II would load at x43 (on my system, your mileage will vary) and Prime 95 was stable for at least 10min. Increasing to x44 would not allow AI Suite to load but rather, error out. Proceeding to run Prime 95 resulted in BSOD within 1-2 min.

This may be a way to approximate if your system is stable prior to running Prime 95 torture test. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
WF

How can I set a maximum voltage limit? I do not want to set a static voltage, but I also do not want to see my CPU Vcore hit 1.4 EVER again. I don't care what the initial post in this thread says.

I think the only way is to set a manual voltage and have it run that voltage all the time. I don't think you can be sure using offset (since it applies the offset to a voltage of its choosing).

I think the only way is to set a manual voltage and have it run that voltage all the time. I don't think you can be sure using offset (since it applies the offset to a voltage of its choosing).

Actually you can work with the offset a bit different. Find what voltage your CPU is stable at via manual voltage setting. Then, pick a voltage under that and compensate it via the offset voltage modified. Should be stable. I say should, but for me I always have to use more offset than I should need based on my stable manual voltage setting.

Actually you can work with the offset a bit different. Find what voltage your CPU is stable at via manual voltage setting. Then, pick a voltage under that and compensate it via the offset voltage modified. Should be stable. I say should, but for me I always have to use more offset than I should need based on my stable manual voltage setting.

I haven't played with it much, but I though if you could either choose a manual voltage or use offset (those are the two choices in the BIOS, right?), but not both. What would be the advantage of setting a manual voltage with an offset, versus just setting the desired manual voltage? It wouldn't downclock the voltage at idle, if you have any manual voltage applied, would it?

Uhh, the difference between the two is simply the method of entering the voltage. You either enter the voltage you want or you enter the voltage you want added to stock...

Uhh, the difference between the two is simply the method of entering the voltage. You either enter the voltage you want or you enter the voltage you want added to stock...

Not quite. You can enter a manual voltage, which applies that voltage all the time. Or you can apply an offset, which adds a set amount of voltage to the Auto voltage, which means the voltage can fluctuate depending on load.

So the advantage of using offset is that it will allow voltage downclocking while still pushing a higher voltage for high overclocks.

Adding an offset voltage to a manual voltage doesn't, on the surface, seem to make much sense, since it would appear to be the same as specifying a higher manual voltage.

Actually no. If you go into the bios on a fresh overclock attempt, and just start putting in +.020 or whatever in the offset and set your multi to say, 48 -- when you boot up the bios will set your voltage to - in my case, 1.5 or so automatically -- which is not cool.

However, you can set the voltage manually to .020 or whatever you need under the stable OC voltage, reboot, then set your offset to compensate for the difference. Problem for me is that my chip is 4.8ghz stable at 1.365v. If I set voltage manually to 1.335, reboot and set offset to +0.30 - .040 it is not stable even though I'm at equal or higher voltage according to CPU-Z. Bit strange.

Adding the offset voltage to a manual voltage, for me, still allowed the system to downvolt to .9 to 1.03v at idle.

1. Approximately 50% of CPUs can go up to 4.4~4.5 GHz
2. Approximately 40% of CPUs can go up to 4.6~4.7 GHz
3. Approximately 10% of CPUs can go up to 4.8~5 GHz (50+ multipliers are about 2% of this group)

Am I correct in assuming that you found no CPUs in that batch that could not do 4.4 GHz or more? I'm assuming this because the numbers add up to 100%, but a small part of my brain keeps thinking "but what if that's not what they meant?"

However, you can set the voltage manually to .020 or whatever you need under the stable OC voltage, reboot, then set your offset to compensate for the difference. Problem for me is that my chip is 4.8ghz stable at 1.365v. If I set voltage manually to 1.335, reboot and set offset to +0.30 - .040 it is not stable even though I'm at equal or higher voltage according to CPU-Z. Bit strange.

That's what I found out too. It is a bit odd.

Adding the offset voltage to a manual voltage, for me, still allowed the system to downvolt to .9 to 1.03v at idle.

Would you mind sharing those manual and offset volts please.

I have mine all set to auto with just Offset set to + but the actual Offset volts set at Auto and seems stable for me at 4.6. Would like to try our settings though for 4.8.

Am I correct in assuming that you found no CPUs in that batch that could not do 4.4 GHz or more? I'm assuming this because the numbers add up to 100%, but a small part of my brain keeps thinking "but what if that's not what they meant?"

Ah...but note the word "Approximately". :D

Interesting. Doesn't seem like it should do that, but nice that it does. Unless that means it is just ignoring what you put in the manual field, and just applying the offset to whatever it wants (same as auto).

Back