Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Thank you for the answer.
So to be 100% sure ..ineed to buy the ones from QVL:(

later edit: maybe this ones?
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=64300

LE: At this time the 4 x 8GB Dimms arrived.
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Memory Stick (F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL)
Works perfect on an Asus PRO P8P67 Rev 3.0 and Rev 3.1

Last edited:
Can't wait to try this when i get home. I'm at 4.5ghz now but hopefully the VRM adjustments will allow me to take it a few notches higher. I didn't spend 100 bucks on an air cooler for nothing. :rolleyes:

Are there any BIOS settings anyone can think of that would affect graphics card's fan speed randomly ramping up? I've pretty much ruled out software issues, as it occasionally spins up as soon as I switch the computer on and randomly returns to normal speed whilst in Windows. Sometimes it spins up and down in quick succession, and does not respond to Catalyst Control Center, MSI Afterburner or Sapphire TriXX manually set fan settings. Launching and exiting games seems to affect it sometimes too, for example if the fans were spinning at high RPM and I were to load Battlefield 3, they would, after a short period of time, return to normal. Then, after exiting the game, the RPM might increase again.

Hey

I just updated bios for ASUS P8P67 Deluxe from 2103 to 2302 recently, Check with your mobo at Asus download.

It's all good.

Added BIOS 2303 for P8P67 (Rev 3.0).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 (Rev 3.1).
Added BIOS 2303 for P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.0).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Evo.
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Deluxe.
Added BIOS 2302 for Sabertooth P67.

GL

Did your old OC setting work fine?
Did it fix any issues like not waking up from sleep mode?

Did your old OC setting work fine?
Did it fix any issues like not waking up from sleep mode?

I had to reset bios, do all over again to see if it's improved, I am still using PC for little while, maybe tonight let my pc sleep till morning see what happen.

Very good read, had 「C1E」and「EIST」 originally disabled and will change that now.

Hey

I just updated bios for ASUS P8P67 Deluxe from 2103 to 2302 recently, Check with your mobo at Asus download.

It's all good.

Added BIOS 2303 for P8P67 (Rev 3.0).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 (Rev 3.1).
Added BIOS 2303 for P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.0).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1).
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Evo.
Added BIOS 2302 for P8P67 Deluxe.
Added BIOS 2302 for Sabertooth P67.

GL

wow, it's new... but what's new in this bios?
do they updated the oprom? I would like the 11.5 oprom to get the TRIM support for my Raid0 setup.

after reading this whole thread there is little to no discussion about VID voltage.

Ive got my 2600k OCed to 4.5Ghz and VID voltage is .9957 idle to 1.3711 prime 95... CPU voltage is 1.008 idle to 1.368 max which I notice during windows load...not prime 95 which shows a max of 1.296v.

Is my VID voltage normal for my CPU voltage?

VID voltage read using real temp 3.70

Thanks!

AFAIK VID is the voltage the CPU is asking for and I don't think it's adjustable.
I too notice the higher voltages when starting programs but prime95 runs a little less. I think that's just a natural function of the load line calibration.

Thats how I understand VID as well..I but I wasnt sure if it was adjustable though say an intermediary like LLC.

Do you have a way to check your loaded VID using something like prime 95 and real temp?

I guess unless I hear otherwise Ill assume my VID is in the green. Im trying to figure out if my OC attempt is yielding safe results

I might as well add my OC info

multiplier to 45
+ 0.015 offset
all others to auto

Vcore max in prime 95: 1.296v, Vcore during statup 1.368V

Unsure if 100% stable but has been running 48 hrs normal operation no issues.

Would setting manual VRM to 350 reduce or increase wear on the mobo or would it have zero effect on lifespan? Any input on that?

Thanks again!

-Gun

If anyone like to share overclocking experience with offset mode i would appreciate your input
= = Offset Mode Overclocking Starter Guide and Thread= = thank you
I offset overclock my 2500k to 4.4GHz, and frankly wouldn't have it any other way. I see no downside to it. I'm usually around 1.35-6 volts at 4.4. Idle @ .98v

I looked at your guide and it's very informative but some of the stuff, say about LLC, I find hard to understand. I would suggest that for your next revision, give the basics about each setting and their adjustments, then use one of the boxes to open to give more detailed explanations or examples.

Also, your temps are better than mine and you are higher voltage & 300MHz faster. What type of cooler do you use?

Last edited:
Everything I've read suggests CPU degradation begins at 1.4V, so I've settled for 4.6Ghz which spikes to 1.376 on normal loads and 1.368 in Prime95. My chip needs over 1.4V to reach 4.7Ghz. :(
I have VRM freq set to 350. I assume it makes the VRM's run a little warmer but everyone seems to think its safe. I have a pretty good air cooling case and I think anyone with a side intake fan shouldn't worry either. It does make me nervous though with aftermarket CPU heat sinks that the MoBo isn't getting the airflow they're tested with. So I think it's critical to have real good airflow in your case.
FYI, I have LLC @ Ultra High, Offset @ .020, Current @ 130%, phase & duty @ Extreme.

Last edited:
I'm also using a 4.4 GHz OC with an offset of negative 0.015. My vCore range is:

z1swk.png

I'm also using a 4.4 GHz OC with an offset of negative 0.015. My vCore range is:

z1swk.png
I'm at a positive .015 with my 2500k to get 4.4GHz

Do you know of any adjustments to Phase Control or LLC that could help me get back into the negative offset. I'm at Extreme Phase and Very High LLC. Should I set my LLC back to default of regular?

I'm at a positive .015 with my 2500k to get 4.4GHz

Do you know of any adjustments to Phase Control or LLC that could help me get back into the negative offset. I'm at Extreme Phase and Very High LLC. Should I set my LLC back to default of regular?

Check out the first three screenshot here. These are my settings using a negative offset.

hi all...
I would like to buy a Sound Blaster Recon3D, I know that this sound card has a PLX chip like the one used in my P8P67 Deluxe.

I heard that this can create some compatibility problem, do you know about problems with PLX pci exp card and P8P67 Deluxe?

Check out the first three screenshot here. These are my settings using a negative offset.
Yeah I was way off. The +0.005 was a setting I was trying @ 4.5GHz, but the temps were to high for my comfort.

I got home and looked at my OC. Current I am -0.005 voltage with LLC on ultra high, Phase @ Extreme, Current @100%, Duty @ Thermal

I tried changing LLC to Regular, and current to 130% and I blue screened as soon as I launched prime. Just went back to the setting I am using.Until I get better cooling I'll probably just stick with these settings.

Yeah I was way off. The +0.005 was a setting I was trying @ 4.5GHz, but the temps were to high for my comfort.

I got home and looked at my OC. Current I am -0.005 voltage with LLC on ultra high, Phase @ Extreme, Current @100%, Duty @ Thermal

I tried changing LLC to Regular, and current to 130% and I blue screened as soon as I launched prime. Just went back to the setting I am using.Until I get better cooling I'll probably just stick with these settings.

What is your fixed/manual, stable/load- Vcore in CPU-Z (fluctuation) ?
and while you running stress test check your VID in real temp you can also post your bios settings

Last edited:
Anyone using a 2700k? i wanna compare to see if i got a dud of a chip
tempsvcore.jpg

Last edited:
My 45x Bios settings 8hrs prime Custom Blend 15000ram used 8k-4096k range

Ai Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner:Manual
Turbo Ratio:
By Per/All Cores:45
PLL Overvoltage:Disabled

Additional Turbo Voltage:

Ai Tweaker (in the DIGI+ VRM section)
Load-Line Calibration:Medium
VRM Frequency:Auto
VRM Fixed Frequency Mode:Disabled
Phase Control:Optimized
Duty Control:Temp probe
CPU Current Capability:100
CPU Voltage:Offset +0.005
DRAM Voltage:1.5v
VCCSA Voltage:0.9v
VCCIO Voltage:1.00v
CPU PLL Voltage:1.5v
PCH Voltage:0.9v
CPU Spread Spectrum:Disabled

Advanced\ CPU Configuration >
CPU Ratio:Auto
Limit CPUID Maximum:Disabled
Execute Disable Bit:Enabled
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology:Enabled
Turbo Mode:Enabled
C1E:Enabled
C3 Report:Enabled
C6 Report:Enabled

hi all...
I would like to buy a Sound Blaster Recon3D, I know that this sound card has a PLX chip like the one used in my P8P67 Deluxe.

I heard that this can create some compatibility problem, do you know about problems with PLX pci exp card and P8P67 Deluxe?

bumping the question.

Just disable the onboard sound in the bios before installing and i dont think it would cause any problems

I'm running a z68 board, but after the latest bios update did anyone elses temps go way up? I'm trying to figure out what caused it. Updating the bios wiped my settings, but I thought I put them back in the same (5.0Ghz at 1.4v using offset, all other voltages on auto). However my temps went up almost 10C. It was hitting over 90c using IBT on an H50 cooler.

How long after boot should it take for the CPU to get to the 1600MHz idle state?

I am completely new and running BIOS 2302. I adjusted the core ratio to 45 and the CPU voltage offset to -.065 to get 4.5GHz at 1.25V. However, my CPU is always reading 4500MHz in CPU-Z. What did I do wrong so that the CPU is not throttling back to the idle state? I have not touched any other settings other than the DRAM settings to corresponds with my memory specifications.

How long after boot should it take for the CPU to get to the 1600MHz idle state?

I am completely new and running BIOS 2302. I adjusted the core ratio to 45 and the CPU voltage offset to -.065 to get 4.5GHz at 1.25V. However, my CPU is always reading 4500MHz in CPU-Z. What did I do wrong so that the CPU is not throttling back to the idle state? I have not touched any other settings other than the DRAM settings to corresponds with my memory specifications.

Never mind. I think this had to do with Windows 7 (64-bit) power settings. Switching to Balanced from High Performance dropped the CPU to 1600MHz.

Not necessarily. Change one of your C states from auto to on. (assuming SST is enabled in BIOS)

I run hi-perf power options with Win7/64 and my cpu throttles appropriately.

I am completely new at overclocking and here is my setup and numbers:

Setup
======
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Intel i7 2600K
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 9-10-9-28 1866MHz 1.5V

Numbers on Prime95 for 4 Hours
==========================
[email protected] Idle
[email protected] Load
CPU Tepm: mid-25 Idle / high 60s load

Tuning:
All at defaults except for multiplier set to 45 (and DRAM settings to spec)
All C states enabled

I tried a negative offset of .03, but BSOD on idle. How do I get the load voltage down without affecting the idle voltage?

BTW, I followed the instructions on the first page and ran Prime95 for a few hours with no problems. However, I do not like using a constant core voltage.

Try some smaller negative offset values like -0.015 or -0.020 and see how that works. Negative 0.030 is a lot.

If you do a manual voltage, you will end up losing your low idle voltage.

On my i5-2500k, I use a negative 0.015 offset and see idle voltages in the 1.0v +/- 0.1 or so with some minimum voltages around 0.700 as shown by Open Hardware Monitor.

I run my 45 overclock at negative .050 with LLC off to get a stable 1.268V under load on my Z68 board. I needed this large a negative because the VID is so high, though my chip runs stable at lower voltage. I don't get instability at idle.

One thing you could do is disable all low power C states but leave EIST enabled. That way, you have control of the minimum idle frequency (and hence the Vcore at idle) through windows power management. You could set it so that it idles at say, 2100 MHz instead of 1600 MHz.

I would first try diabling the C states and leave EIST on and see if that helps with offest voltages and idle BSOD.

There are also other ways to reduce the range between your load and idle voltages, but I wouldn't recommend them, especially if you are new at this: LLC and extra turbo volts.

Last edited:
Anyone using a 2700k? i wanna compare to see if i got a dud of a chip
tempsvcore.jpg

1. Dont use LINX for SB, its useless, use Prime 95 blend test, with maximum or at least 90% of your available system ram.
2. Dont use Speedfan or any other real time programs at the same time which does the same thing, read temps etc, real temp is enough and the best.
3. What freq ur aim for? and what mobo you got?

I can't get a stable overclock beyond 100 x 45. I have followed the quick instructions by the OP (phase and duty control to extreme, VMR fixed frequency to 350 mhz, manual voltage to 1.425, LLC to ultra high, spread spectrum disabled) but even with all this if I put a 100 x 46 the computer will randomly freeze when I am browsing and I have to restart. Interestingly enough it runs prime95 overnight just fine without freezing. Multis of 47 or 48 will generate BSODs at random times and will also randomly freeze for 5 or so seconds when I use the scroll on my mouse. They will also BSOD randomly while running prime95. In all these scenarios temperature on the cores never surpasses 85 C.

Even 101 x 45 will cause freezes while 100 x 45 does not. It seems to hate anything beyond 4500 MHz! I refuse to believe I got a chip this bad. Anyone know something that might help?

My specs:
Core i5 2500k
CM Hyper 212+ heatsink
Corsair 500CX V2 PSU
ASUS P8P67 deluxe with firmware 2103 (2nd most recent)
Windows 7 64-bit

P.S: Folding@Home is constantly running on my machine.

Is Internal PLL Overvoltage turned on? If not, turn it on - it usually gives you 2 or 3 additional multipliers.

1. Dont use LINX for SB, its useless, use Prime 95 blend test, with maximum or at least 90% of your available system ram.
2. Dont use Speedfan or any other real time programs at the same time which does the same thing, read temps etc, real temp is enough and the best.
3. What freq ur aim for? and what mobo you got?

just used linx to get the temps up. And i did do prime on these settings 8 hrs stable custom blend 8k-4000k range and 15000 ram usage

2. Using speed fan for lowering my fans down

3. I can get 54x stable but the volts get close to 1.5 volts and the temps at 76c I'm on a p8p67 pro b3 3.0

Last edited:
Is Internal PLL Overvoltage turned on? If not, turn it on - it usually gives you 2 or 3 additional multipliers.

No, it's turned off, because it is written in the OP's guide that PPL overvoltage only helps with being able to boot up unbootable overclocks, not increase the overclock potential. But I will try enabling it and see how it goes.

PPL overvoltage only helps with being able to boot up unbootable overclocks, not increase the overclock potential.

Isn't that the same thing? If it helps you boot an unbootable overclock, isn't that helping overclock potential?

Back