Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

Hey guys I just recently got an XB270HU (as did a friend of mine) and he started having crashing issues with GSYNC turned on. I had it turned off myself so I decided to see if I could reproduce the problem. He has a 980ti and I have a 770. I crashed pretty quickly after enabling it. Is anyone else having these problems?

Hey guys I just recently got an XB270HU (as did a friend of mine) and he started having crashing issues with GSYNC turned on. I had it turned off myself so I decided to see if I could reproduce the problem. He has a 980ti and I have a 770. I crashed pretty quickly after enabling it. Is anyone else having these problems?

nope mine runs smooth as butter

The problem seems to be isolated to heroes of the storm. The fix was pretty simple. Since the game must be poorly coded they recommend running absolute stock clocks on gpu. Since I had a 770 lightning which comes OC'd from the manufacturer, I had to underclock the card to get it to work with gsync. Pretty dumb, good thing I won't be using gsync too much.

The problem seems to be isolated to heroes of the storm. The fix was pretty simple. Since the game must be poorly coded they recommend running absolute stock clocks on gpu. Since I had a 770 lightning which comes OC'd from the manufacturer, I had to underclock the card to get it to work with gsync. Pretty dumb, good thing I won't be using gsync too much.

Actually this may indicate that the game leans on a critical path in the gpu. You've found your card's kryptonite wrt oc'ing.

I just got this thing today and have some concerns already with gaming. I have the refresh rate set to 120 but it still goes to 144 in Tomb Raider when I tried it. Also it seems like gsync is not doing anything in Ryse as there is some stutter when panning.

EDIT: And The Evil Within is having its own issues. It runs like stuttery crap at anything above 1280x720 where it stays pegged at 120. Now it makes no sense why it goes to 120 but Tomb Raider goes to 144. And if I try to use the in game 30 fps cap it drops to 26 fps and stays there. Lol that it is only three games I have tried and nothing but bad news so far...

EDIT 2: I just tried Fallout 4 and it runs at 15 fps. lol that is 0 for 4 on this pos.

Last edited:
I just got this thing today and have some concerns already with gaming. I have the refresh rate set to 120 but it still goes to 144 in Tomb Raider when I tried it. Also it seems like gsync is not doing anything in Ryse as there is some stutter when panning.

EDIT: And The Evil Within is having its own issues. It runs like stuttery crap at anything above 1280x720 where it stays pegged at 120. Now it makes no sense why it goes to 120 but Tomb Raider goes to 144. And if I try to use the in game 30 fps cap it drops to 26 fps and stays there. Lol that it is only three games I have tried and nothing but bad news so far...

EDIT 2: I just tried Fallout 4 and it runs at 15 fps. lol that is 0 for 4 on this pos.

You're having some weird issues. Mine has been flawless in all games except hots (and I have fixed that problem I believe). This is probably obvious but make sure you turned gsync on in the nvidia control panel if you're using it.

Just got a refurb one of these. Acer is selling these on their refurb website (temporarily sold out but should be back) and also on ebay for ~500. Mine is basically perfect. 1 dead pixel in upper right corner and no back light bleed.

Last edited:
120Hz problem is gone ?

Yes sorry. For those wondering (I edited it out) at first I was having trouble getting 144 refresh and could only get 120 but a driver update and/or system reset fixed the issue. Perfect panel besides the one unnoticeable dead pixel in upper right

Yes sorry. For those wondering (I edited it out) at first I was having trouble getting 144 refresh and could only get 120 but a driver update and/or system reset fixed the issue. Perfect panel besides the one unnoticeable dead pixel in upper right
But you did notice the unnoticeable dead pixel...

Does anyone else find this monitor turns itself on? It's a major pain in the ass and I've had to resort to using a power bar that I flip on/off because this thing likes to randomly start itself up a couple times per week.

Does anyone else find this monitor turns itself on? It's a major pain in the ass and I've had to resort to using a power bar that I flip on/off because this thing likes to randomly start itself up a couple times per week.

Sounds like a faulty power button?

EDIT: Disregard. Wanted to post about this in the XB271HU thread. My bad.

If anyone cares the HDMI works at 1440p both with a Retina Macbook Pro 13" and a 980 Ti. I also just tested the 980 Ti using an Accell B086B-003B-2 Displayport-HDMI adapter and it also came in at 1440p through the monitor on HDMI.

Last edited:
Has anybody done a coating removal on this? I am considering it now that I have a second monitor that is glossy..

Back