Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/pd/ThemeID.35703000/productID.314151300

The buy button is back though we all know there's no product available right now.

i added to cart and it said "in stock" on the cart page. I'm sure this is just backorder, but I ordered it anyways. At least my name is on the list. I'll update when I get an email from them saying one or the other.

Edit: and 10% off discount code: SeizeTheIdea

still works, brought the price down to $719.10

Last edited:
Ordered one as well, will be fun comparing it to their 4k Gsync monitor - Acer is on a roll. I'll probably end of using the 4k for singleplayer games and the 1440p for multiplayer. On that note is there stand that can swivel which monitor is the main monitor?

Got mine an hour ago. So far, so good...no QC issues, perfect. Ordered direct from Acer in the early morning on Wednesday - 2-day shipping.

Ton of semi-lame unboxing pics here and a couple pics to show light bleed and in-Windows.

Bah so jealous of the ones that are getting theirs. Grats on getting them guys, only hope I can join the club soon, order shows still in progress.

Yeah I'm not big on the gloss plastic frame but I'm sure I can deal with it somehow, maybe removable matte plastidip. :D

I rattle-canned 4 coats of black plasti-dip on a DLP TV with the cheap gloss black plastic and it came out great.

For shits and giggles I tried adding another one to my cart with the buy button on the Acer site, now is back to the verbage of:
We're sorry but XB270HU BPRZ WQHD with NVIDIA G-SYNC is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience.

It said "in stock" when I made my order, hope this means I got one.

Got mine an hour ago. So far, so good...no QC issues, perfect. Ordered direct from Acer in the early morning on Wednesday - 2-day shipping.

Ton of semi-lame unboxing pics here and a couple pics to show light bleed and in-Windows.

I'll be setting mine up when I get home tonight...can you give me an idea on how long the power and display port cables are?

I'll be setting mine up when I get home tonight...can you give me an idea on how long the power and display port cables are?

Sorry - can't help. Used the existing cables that I had for my "old" monitor (BenQ XL2420G). Kept the cables that came with the Acer all sealed for when I (inevitably) sell it off in 2-3 years. :)

Just curious those who are back ordered does your order status say "back ordered" or does it say "in process"?

Just curious those who are back ordered does your order status say "back ordered" or does it say "in process"?

In process, but I got an E-mail stating that I was put on backorder.

Wish Acer would come up with a more stylish monitor stand, they keep using that butt ugly design on all their g-sync models. Are there any good alternative VESA stands?

Wish Acer would come up with a more stylish monitor stand, they keep using that butt ugly design on all their g-sync models. Are there any good alternative VESA stands?

It is pretty ugly. Wish they brought back the Acer GD235HZ stand. Loved that monitor and loved the bad ass style:
24-009-222-02.jpg

Like that general style, but not a fan of the massive bezels and orange trim, although I would take that any day over current XB designs. Peculiar that Acer have adopted a more modern design for their Freesync model.

Acer-XG270HU_ces_2015.jpg

Well yeah - but as long as it's not pink I don't care how it looks like if screen part delivers :D

My wish when it comes to design is that more manufacturers would jump on the ASUS ROG Swift industrial non-glossy look. But yea at least the front bezel and stand I'd always prefer non-glossy. I have enough lights bouncing off of the glossy finish.

Looks like ShopBLT's estimate of arrival to their warehouse updated to 04-09-2015 from 04-16-2015 so that is a bit of progress at least.

Meanwhile I've sent an email to one of shops in Poland asking when they will have it available and they told me they have no clue :D

ShopBLT's in stock counts don't seem to be updating in real time to reflect new pre-orders. They should already have orders beyond the 40 units with ETA 04-09-2015.

ShopBLT's in stock counts don't seem to be updating in real time to reflect new pre-orders. They should already have orders beyond the 40 units with ETA 04-09-2015.

I was confused about that as well. I would have expected that to be over 40 by now.

does anybody know if freesync will work if you're using NVidia GPU?

if yes and I cant get this Acer due to long wait then ill just get the Benq 144hz 1440p freesync instead, its in stock right now on newegg.

if yes and I cant get this Acer due to long wait then ill just get the Benq 144hz 1440p freesync instead, its in stock right now on newegg.

Freesync is AMD only. Nvidia does not work with that currently.

There's non zero chance it will few years in the future.

But stay away from Benq it disables overdrive when using freesync.

Getting paid on the first. Any chance of other retailers picking up stock soon? I'd hate to think I missed my window of opportunity.

Getting paid on the first. Any chance of other retailers picking up stock soon? I'd hate to think I missed my window of opportunity.

I think everyone is gonna wait 2-3 weeks at this point ... no stock anywhere it seems. You could roll the dice and pre-order ...

I think everyone is gonna wait 2-3 weeks at this point ... no stock anywhere it seems. You could roll the dice and pre-order ...

Well, if anyone here who got their's is feeling buyer's remorse - you know where to find me :cool:

For shits and giggles I tried adding another one to my cart with the buy button on the Acer site, now is back to the verbage of:

It said "in stock" when I made my order, hope this means I got one.

Got a backorder email yesterday from Acer, no estimate of arrival yet. Oh well, gonna wait it out. Not worth cancelling as I got 10% off this order and saved $80.

Got mine up and running on Friday and and put it through it's paces all weekend.
First off the colors look really good right out of the box. I do lot of photo editing so the first thing I did was start looking through some past photos to check the color, very nice!
Coming from a and older Dell Ultra Sharp 30" monitor I have enjoyed it for photo editing but had no idea what I was missing using it for gaming...until I got this monitor, WOW! What a difference between the two. I play Battlefield 4 a lot and it's like I got a new version of the game. Smooth as silk and G-Sync is everything it has been advertised to be.
The only downside for me was a very very small dark pixel on the far left hand side that I can only see on a solid white background and I have to look really hard to notice it...would you guys live with this or return it? Not sure that Acer would exchange for only 1 anyone, I need to check into that.
Overall this seems to be a great monitor so far...sorry no buyers remorse here, t1337Dude :)

Got mine up and running on Friday and and put it through it's paces all weekend.
First off the colors look really good right out of the box. I do lot of photo editing so the first thing I did was start looking through some past photos to check the color, very nice!
Coming from a and older Dell Ultra Sharp 30" monitor I have enjoyed it for photo editing but had no idea what I was missing using it for gaming...until I got this monitor, WOW! What a difference between the two. I play Battlefield 4 a lot and it's like I got a new version of the game. Smooth as silk and G-Sync is everything it has been advertised to be.
The only downside for me was a very very small dark pixel on the far left hand side that I can only see on a solid white background and I have to look really hard to notice it...would you guys live with this or return it? Not sure that Acer would exchange for only 1 anyone, I need to check into that.
Overall this seems to be a great monitor so far...sorry no buyers remorse here, t1337Dude :)

I doubt Acer would return it for that reason. Their dead pixel policy is here:
http://static.acer.com/up/Resource/...ard.pdf#_ga=1.121250248.1101450149.1427726589

Though you may be able to straight up return it within a certain number of days.

I'd probably keep it, if it was me. My current monitor had one similar to that that would turn green on an all black background. But I didn't end up noticing after a while. If you try to exchange it, it would probably be awhile before you'd get another one anyhow.

I doubt Acer would return it for that reason. Their dead pixel policy is here:
http://static.acer.com/up/Resource/...ard.pdf#_ga=1.121250248.1101450149.1427726589

Though you may be able to straight up return it within a certain number of days.

I'd probably keep it, if it was me. My current monitor had one similar to that that would turn green on an all black background. But I didn't end up noticing after a while. If you try to exchange it, it would probably be awhile before you'd get another one anyhow.

Acer's dead pixel policy seems pretty poor to me. That's a lot of allowable dead pixels.

I doubt they would take it back, but I would be curious to know what they told you if you requested an RMA for it. I wonder if they strictly adhere to that policy.

Acer's dead pixel policy seems pretty poor to me. That's a lot of allowable dead pixels.

I doubt they would take it back, but I would be curious to know what they told you if you requested an RMA for it. I wonder if they strictly adhere to that policy.

Yeah, I would be curious as well. It does seem like quite a lot of allowable dead pixels to me as well. Especially since this monitor's resolution is higher than their examples.

Doing the math, it'd be about 18.4 allowable subpixels, rounded to either 19 or 18.

It is subpixels rather than full pixels, so it would be about 6 fully dead pixels I'm assuming. I'd be quite unhappy with that many faulty pixels.

Don't they have simple returns, though?

Not necessarily for the dead pixels but for simple change of mind.

Back