Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

I got the backorder email from acer as well.. I'm salty. Will probably end up cancelling and getting it at Amazon at this rate.

I got the backorder email from acer as well.. I'm salty. Will probably end up cancelling and getting it at Amazon at this rate.

If you'll ever be able to. The ROG Swift still isn't in stock from Amazon themselves, only third party retailers. How long has that been out, 6 months?

No back order email here, no tracking information yet. I live with in an hour of the shipping location (Temple Texas), so I called to see if I could just pick it up at the dock, but was informed that FedEx already has it in hand and I should receive tracking information later this morning. Hopefully its just going right from Temple to my town and I can pick it up after work, else its going to go all the way to Memphis to travel 55 min from my house.

Guess it looks like a few lucky people were able to get in before the backorders then. Looking forward to see people's impressions once they receive them and I am hoping quality control is good on these.

The ROG swift has been in and out of stock on amazon all the time. So i have a feeling the acer will be the same way. I ordered from Acer on tuesday and got confirmation on shipping this morning. should be here tomorrow.

I got a back-ordered email from Acer as well. I have an order in to ShopBLT too. Wonder if I should cancel one or the other? Acer appears to have the better return policy. Also 10% discount, tax, and shipping with Acer, BLT was ~$50 cheaper.

Hah, there's now no add to cart or buy button, but you can still press enter in the quantity box (which leads to the oos page). I'm down for the wait. This thing has the specs I've been waiting for.

No further emails since the b.o. e-mail yesterday around 6PM. No change on the order status page.

Last edited:
I got a back-ordered email from Acer as well. I have an order in to ShopBLT too. Wonder if I should cancel one or the other? Acer appears to have the better return policy. Also 10% discount, tax, and shipping with Acer, BLT was ~$50 cheaper.

I'm in the same boat. I have an order with both currently. I got the 10% discount + free shipping from Acer but with tax was still $20 more than BLT. I mainly ordered from Acer as I was hoping to get it earlier as BLT doesn't get their shipment til 4/16. I was thinking of waiting a day or two maybe to see if Acer ended up shipping but not sure. I guess I could always keep both orders and try to resell one of them later, but it is probably not worth the trouble.

Hah, there's now no add to cart or buy button, but you can still press enter in the quantity box (which leads to the oos page). I'm down for the wait. This thing has the specs I've been waiting for.

No further emails since the b.o. e-mail yesterday around 6PM. No change on the order status page.

Honestly this is how I got mine yesterday, at work I just kept hitting enter at the quantity spot with 1 and eventually it added it to the cart. I was very surprised when it happened and went though the order process as quick as I could.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Acer updated the store with:
Due to popular demand and limited quantity, the XB270HU BPRZ WQHD Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC are currently out of stock. Backorders will be shipped as soon as we received inventory

The ROG swift has been in and out of stock on amazon all the time. So i have a feeling the acer will be the same way. I ordered from Acer on tuesday and got confirmation on shipping this morning. should be here tomorrow.

that is not true at all, just because Amazon refuses to sell them due to bad quality control of the monitor it doesn't mean the product is hard to get, they have been in stock on Newegg for months now.

that is not true at all, just because Amazon refuses to sell them due to bad quality control of the monitor it doesn't mean the product is hard to get, they have been in stock on Newegg for months now.

Do you have a source for that being the reason they are out of stock as opposed to going out of stock vs number of orders projected, received, or similar?
4 out of 5 stars for 104 reviews on amazon, 4 out of 5 out of 122 reviews on newegg.

It's in stock at amazon now btw, 1 left with amazon as seller + prime, unless you use other sellers (who also have free ship apparently).

Last edited:
Do you have a source for that being the reason they are out of stock as opposed to going out of stock vs number of orders projected, received, or similar?
4 out of 5 stars for 104 reviews on amazon, 4 out of 5 out of 122 reviews on newegg.

It's in stock at amazon now btw, 1 left with amazon as seller + prime, unless you use other sellers (who also have free ship apparently).

there aren't any and never was today, I would have been notified.

btw, why would they just get 1 when newegg has hundreds of them in stock.

Amazon refuses to sell them, you can only get "fulfillment by amazon"

who wants to pay huge tax on it anyway, and a headache of processing refund, return, etc, lol.

if my local MC has 10 of them in stock there is no way Amazon cant get any if they wanted to, lol

they did the same with that EIZO Foris 240hz monitor, they refused to sell it due to high returns and bad QC.

Last edited:
I got backordered as well. Called in just to see how long it would be and they (US Acer store) said they were only getting 20. They will get more next month but those are pretty much going to the customers that ordered Tuesday night. They basically told me it could be months and asked if i wanted to cancel my order. :( Guess im back to hoping for another retailer.

Well sounds like a low chance of getting one, never mind two lol.

The PG278Q RoG Swift was in stock from amazon with prime when I posted that ealier, listing only 1 in stock from amazon+prime as seller. It was up for a long time too, I never checked back to see when/if it had had sold later until now.

The 3rd party sellers off amazon with free shipping and newegg have them in stock also with free shipping as well, yes.

It was awhile before amazon even started selling them when first released newegg had them. Then amazon had them but 3rd party sellers would all buy them up and post them for re-sale.
Without a source or proof you are just guessing at why they keep low stock on amazon now (or sell out) after the big rush originally.
There are a few week long rma returns (short rma turn arounds typically once asus started having stock) in the threads and reviews but nothing like the chronic FG2421 panel lottery and screen abberations from what I have gathered so far. With higher returns they would have worse reviews overall on both amazon and newegg you'd think.

The main listing now is circuit city (which I think is tigerdirect) on amazon among other free shipping sellers, but they do show up on amazon seller too just not atm.

http://www.amazon.com/PG278Q-27-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C
4/5 stars (104 reviews)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405
4/5 stars (122 reviews)

edit: refreshed, one in stock again from amazon as seller. 12:42 am EST
"Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." + prime

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I got backordered as well. Called in just to see how long it would be and they (US Acer store) said they were only getting 20. They will get more next month but those are pretty much going to the customers that ordered Tuesday night. They basically told me it could be months and asked if i wanted to cancel my order. :( Guess im back to hoping for another retailer.

Wow! That is just poor planning on their part.

Acer Launch Meeting:

Let's launch this product and only stock a couple units in our store.
Let's let people order them and not tell them the quantity available.
If we get more orders than units available, let's still let them order anyway, that way we can lock in sales.
They won't mind waiting a month or more to receive their monitor.

I sincerely hope that they can expedite their shipments and prioritize based on number of sales.

I'm really torn between ShopBLT or waiting for Amazon. ShopBTL has what looks to be a great price at $748, no tax, free shipping. They adhere to manufacturer dead pixel policies though, which from what I can find, Acers is crap.

Other option is wait for Amazon, whom I know I don't have to worry about returns if I get a shit panel. But, I think it's safe to assume they will sell for MSRP of $799, and it'll cost about $65 in sales tax. I am having a hard time deciding if a better return policy is worth a $110 premium.

For now, I think I'm going to drop a pre-order at BLT as they don't charge till it ships and I can always cancel.

If ShopBLT is getting 40 on 4/16 then I assume the Acer orders will be serviced around then also.

So still no backorder email for me, or tracking number. I called in this morning and was told that I would be getting a backorder email later today *sigh*. I decided to put in a "Back up" order with shopBLT since they don't charge you until they ship. If acer ships before them I will cancel my order with shopBLT, if acer drags their feet at the latest I get one on the 16th.

Mine has arrived! Won't get to unbox until I get home from work later today.

FullSizeRender.jpg

It appears CDW (US) won't be getting very many...

10:28:08 AM : Customer (me): What is the expected arrival of CDW Part# 3646337 ? The web page says to call.

10:29:21 AM : Agent Anthony Ciccariello: every one is asking on this, we have 3 on backorder and maybe by April 15 we will have 2 for those backorders, delay is there is no available product any where

After clicking the buy button it says you can buy it and its in stock but who knows though.

After clicking the buy button it says you can buy it and its in stock but who knows though.

But the main page says:

Due to popular demand and limited quantity, the XB270HU BPRZ WQHD Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC is currently out of stock. Backorders will be shipped as soon as inventory is received.

It seems that you can "buy now" to get on the backorder list.... which is what most of us are on it seems. The spots we are seeing are people canceling their preorder, I spoke with one of the reps and they are not expecting more stock till 2nd or 3rd week in April.

Last edited:
I remember stalking vendors for weeks trying to get a Swift a month after it hit the shelves. Finally found one at Microcenter with no obvious defects. Good luck! I'm holding out for a 21:9 version. Excited to see some reviews on this thing but suspect it will be awhile before supply catches up. That stand is hideous.

Yeah I'm not big on the gloss plastic frame but I'm sure I can deal with it somehow, maybe removable matte plastidip. :D

Back