Official Acer [XB270HU] 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS ULMB Monitor Thread

Hm, not sure i want to use a mail forwarding company to Australia to deliver something so breakable...

Could someone please do me a favour? Could one of you US guys take a photo of the label on the back of the monitor? i need to know the voltage range of the monitor itself?

Last edited:
Can anyone give me an idea how big of an upgrade this monitor would be over my current HP zR24w in terms of color accuracy and black levels? Would it be a huge upgrade?

Last edited:
Ordered one from Acer for $720 + tax + s/h about $805 total. Yeah that code up there ^^^ I got it from an ocn thread.

+12% tax in my province. PC-Canada and Direct Dial have it listed for <890$ , with zero in stock, and neither have good return & exchange policies. Thought it would cost 1300$+ like the Titan X since the dollar is down by 28%+. Direct Dial does not allow for returns while PC-Canada does...

Direct Dial said:
All non-defective returns authorized by DirectDial.com will be assessed a 20%, $40.00 minimum, restocking fee, whichever is greater. Shipping costs are extra, and are the responsibility of the client.

Last edited:
+12% tax in my province. PC-Canada and Direct Dial have it listed for <890$ , with zero in stock, and neither have good return & exchange policies. Thought it would cost 1300$+ like the Titan X since the dollar is down by 28%+. Direct Dial does not allow for returns while PC-Canada does...

To be honest with you, i was expecting the similar price here in Canada.

Once available @ Bestbuy \ Futureshop (if) i am gonna get it, just due to their return policy (you never know) :)

I'm not completely satisfied with the performance of my Titan X with the XB280HK, and am strongly considering getting the XB270HU. I'm just a little concerned that my eyes have adjusted to 4K gaming, and won't like going back down to 1440P.

I hate first world problems. :D

I'm not completely satisfied with the performance of my Titan X with the XB280HK, and am strongly considering getting the XB270HU. I'm just a little concerned that my eyes have adjusted to 4K gaming, and won't like going back down to 1440P.

I hate first world problems. :D

But doesn't the Titan X manage to pull off anywhere from 40-60 fps (the sweet spot for that monitor) at 4k? What games are giving you unsatisfactory performance?

But doesn't the Titan X manage to pull off anywhere from 40-60 fps (the sweet spot for that monitor) at 4k? What games are giving you unsatisfactory performance?

From the research i have done, the Titan X still struggles at 4k in most titles.

Could someone please do me a favour? Could one of you US guys take a photo of the label on the back of the monitor? i need to know the voltage range of the monitor itself?

All name brand monitors are 110-220v from what I have seen.

All name brand monitors are 110-220v from what I have seen.

Yeah i was under that impression too, Acer online chat tells me there is no range, pretty sure they have no clue either though.

They just kept telling me the plug wouldn't fit into an Australia socket lol.

Just ordered one too, said it was "in-stock" so I went for it. Coupon code worked too.

We shall see..

Yeah i was under that impression too, Acer online chat tells me there is no range, pretty sure they have no clue either though.

They just kept telling me the plug wouldn't fit into an Australia socket lol.

Ya all you do is replace the cable or use an adapter. Easy enough. ;)

I just watched Linus Tech Tips's review of the Predator on vessel.com. He pretty much echoed everyone else's review that this is pretty much the best no-compromise gaming display out there and has already replaced his ROG Swift with it.

I can't believe Acer is already discounting what will probably be their best selling display.

Managed to get a free shipping coupon as well from Acer.com when leaving the website from the upsell thing.

Decided to spend the extra $20 and will cancel by shopblt order assuming this goes through without issues

I ordered earlier today, but just got the ol' back-ordered e-mail.

Backordered from Acer.com?

Yup.

AY1Ytq8.png

Last edited:
Oh Bummer and no ETA listed either.

I probably wouldn't have purchased had I known this was the case since I already had an order in at shopblt.

Is this going to be another one of those situations where the supply is trickling while the demand is sky-high?

I won't have my financial ducks in a row to pull the trigger for a couple weeks - but damn I'd really like to have this monitor within the month. I really should have done my taxes sooner...

Last edited:
I know this is a smidge off topic, but I'd like to get this monitor and am worried about using non-Nvidia connections to this screen and still having it work. For example, would my PS4 hook up to it fine and still display a picture? Or will this only display a picture with a Nvidia GPU hooked up to it?

Edit: Current monitor has PS4 and PC hooked into it, I am ok with switching out connections when I wanna switch between the two since there is only one input, just want to make sure it will work if I end up getting this.

Got the backorder email from Acer this morning as well, unfortunately.

I saw that ShopBLT updated their Availability status and they now show 30 backordered and receiving 40 on 4/16/15.

Edit: Also looks like they removed the XB270HU from store.acer.com ?

Got the backorder email from Acer this morning as well, unfortunately.

I saw that ShopBLT updated their Availability status and they now show 30 backordered and receiving 40 on 4/16/15.

Damn. Hopefully a bunch more retailers receive shipments or this won't be a pretty wait.

Last edited:
I got the backorder e-mail too, last night. Maybe I wouldn't have winged it if I knew I'd have to wait! lol

Back