Official 11.9 Catalyst Drivers out now

Confirmed Fixed:
<no problems that I experience>

Not Fixed:
Alt-tab bug in Heroes of Newerth (and from what I hear, some other similar titles)
Black screen flickering in Bad Company 2

Yet to confirm:
Whole system freeze bug in Bad Company 2 (results seem good so far, though)

Downloading it, a bit bored, reading the notes and saw this:

" The Catalyst driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed."

Is that new? i dont remember the other Catalyst drivers requiring SP1... hopefully that is a mistake, not interested in having to download that from microsoft in order to just update my graphic drivers.

So from the games I've tried so far it seems these drivers are simply bug fixes. I didn't gain or lose any fps in games. This driver also eliminates the need for 11.8 cap 4 as the game hard reset runs flawlessly without the cap installed. Hopefully 11.9 Cap 1 will contain a profile for;

Rage
Batman Arkham City
Battlefield 3

Ah well, at least they fixed the biggest bug with Bad Company 2. Them not fixing the black flash bug is a pain though, that's gamebreaking sometimes.

Downloading it, a bit bored, reading the notes and saw this:

" The Catalyst driver requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed."

Is that new? i dont remember the other Catalyst drivers requiring SP1... hopefully that is a mistake, not interested in having to download that from microsoft in order to just update my graphic drivers.

That is definitely new AFAIK, I've never seen that before and remember reading the release notes for previous drivers. Good thing I already have sp1 installed on my rig. BTW on a side note, did u seem the PM and pics?

Ah well, at least they fixed the biggest bug with Bad Company 2. Them not fixing the black flash bug is a pain though, that's gamebreaking sometimes.

I believe it. I honestly didn't play bfbc2. There is that one pc gamer listed that never played and I'm that guy. I will probably try battlefield 3 as it looks groundbreaking. I've never seen a game look that realistic. Campers beware I will rocket launcher a building on top of your ass now. :D

Yeah it's a shame, both due to AMD bugs and EA bugs, Bad Company 2 has never been fully working ever since its release for a large quantity of its players. On release, it is probably the buggiest FPS game I've ever seen. Early beta or maybe even alpha stage at that point, really. Hopefully they've learnt some lessons for Battlefield 3. EA Origin exclusivity stopped a lot of people pre-ordering it though.

Well the AMD auto installer seemed to have no problem with the driver no matter what the notes said, still i am downloading quite a bit more things atm, so i have only seen the MLAA pics, and yeah i gotta agree that MLAA no matter the code seems to blur quite a bit, downloading the SMAA ones next to compare the texture blur, but i can take your word for it (y).

EDIT TO ADD:
Wow, it IS sharp! hahaha awesome antialiasing without texture blur! (i was watching the smeared texture of the wall in front of you, vs the still sharp SMAA texture!... now if someone makes an EASY TO USE wrapper out of it!)

Friend has just installed the driver, and gets the black screen + cursor boot delay bug. I have had that in the past but not since 11.6 I don't think. Anyone know any fixes for it?

BC2 has bugs and doesn't work right..? :confused:

This is nothing new really, I had CF 4850's when BC2 came out and it was unplayable due to bugs/artifacts/lines in the screen... I upgraded to 5850's to find it was doing the same thing and guess what... I ended up getting my first GTX 570 because that game frustrated me to no end with AMD drivers.

BC2 worked fine for AMD 1 month after release for many. Tested the 11.9's by installing over the 11.8's in tf2 & BC2, no performance improvements but everything works great.

BC2 worked fine for AMD 1 month after release for many. Tested the 11.9's by installing over the 11.8's in tf2 & BC2, no performance improvements but everything works great.

The problems were specifically with crossfire, it didn't seem to have any issue on a single card as far as I know.

Fine for me too; on a 5870

I keep getting a failure:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 RedistributableFinal Status: Fail
Version of Item: 10.0.30319
Size: 9 Mbytes

Tried going back to 11.8, and that fails at the same point. Great.

It's because I have version 10.0.40219 installed according to my Program Manager. I guess I can break something else by uninstalling it.

So uninstalling the 10.0.40219 version and allowing the Catalyst package to install the 10.0.30319 version fixes all of the issues I have been having thus far. But I wonder why the newer version causes 11.9 to break?

Back