officemax WD 80gb $19.99 AR starting 1/25

Originally posted by NoXPert
My first 2 drives' rebates have been received and accepted according to the status emails I have received!

I don't remember if I signed up for email status on the GF's rebate...

But, the best thing about this deal was that my OM called me 2 weeks AFTER I picked up my 2 drives to inform me that my drives were in. Yes, someone's mistake is my gain. Now I just hope the rebates go through on those. Awaiting the email confirmations for them... So I sit here with 5 80GB WD drives waiting on a good use. I was hoping a couple of people would order boxes they could go in, but none yet. I'd hate to just load them up with my crap...
I could take a couple of them off your hands....pm me if interested.

Went last night to pick up my brother's... he used to work at OM. We waited untill the rebates expired then we went in to get it. So yeah, I'm sittin in the car and he comes out smiling. He got the HD for $10.80 with tax. He got the $60 in-store and the drives were $10 off.

roffle good deal! I got instant rebates to 20$ on 3 of them. me , gf and gf's sister went

Hey, me and my wife got our WD rebate checks in yesterday. We bought two WD 80gb drives. We mailed them on January 26. So far, 60 bucks back. Now, let's see how long it takes for OM to get their checks mailed out. We mailed those the same time too.

1/25 was what, 8 weeks ago, right? Isn't that how long they usually take?

I hate dealing with rebates, they never seem to come. I had an issue with the OM one (Invalid UPC), and I phoned them. The said they fixed it, though, so lets hope I'm not being screwed around.

After calling corprate and a transfer to there rebates dept
I got the check in the mail a week after I called(last monday).

I have received 2 of the 5 rebates for this deal. According to the emails and update sites, I am good for all of them. I got them on Monday along with the $8 CD jewel case deal rebate check.

Originally posted by _G_

I might just do that if it isn't here by next week.

Argh! The bastards sent me refusal notices for both of them today. What should I do? I already called them up about the OM rebate, and they still didn't fix it...

I finally remembered why I hate rebates :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is it.

Originally posted by _G_

Do you happen to have the number handy, _G_?

Office max rebate department is 1.866.737.4941

Hours till 5pm centeral time.

out of my 2 drives one of my UPC's in invalid so i am trying to get that corrected.

Got a check from WD the other day for $30 for the drive. Still waiting on the OM one, but they aren't showing a listing of that one. All my other rebates are shown as valid. Got screwed out of one by mad dog cause they say I didn't buy it during the promotion. (WHich is BS). Need to call up OM and see whats going on with the other rebate on the drive. (I think there was 2 right? Manuf. and OM rebates? I need to get better organized..)

Just phoned them up, and they said to disregard the notices, and that one has been shipped out, and the other will be within 3 weeks.

God, I really hate rebates :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by lorcani
If you haven't since in the rebates by now, you are SOL. Sorry man.

Yeah they never called me on my rain check which was issued 1-31. And the guy said it could be up to 8 weeks. So I was thinking of calling and asking about it. I could go for a drive for $20 in store.

Originally posted by Steve_Oaks
Yeah they never called me on my rain check which was issued 1-31. And the guy said it could be up to 8 weeks. So I was thinking of calling and asking about it. I could go for a drive for $20 in store.

Did you get a little postcard? If not, I'd phone that number for corporate above that XJ Owner posted.

Did you get a little postcard? If not, I'd phone that number for corporate above that XJ Owner posted.

Nope, no post card. All i have is my of Rain check print out.

of my rebates have shown up in the mail. or a phone call. I am going to store end of this week. To get my money.

Originally posted by DeepFreeze
of my rebates have shown up in the mail. or a phone call. I am going to store end of this week. To get my money.

Phone Corporate up. Complain like hell.

1.866.737.4941 is the number, open 'til 6PM EST.

I still haven't gotten my damn rebates. This is getting rediculous. Come on OM/WD: get a bloody move on!

I still haven't gotten my damn rebates. This is getting rediculous. Come on OM/WD: get a bloody move on!
I have received the rebate directly from WD, but not OM yet. Will wait till about the end of april, then start giving them hell.
Got an email that one (Not the HD :( was sent out tho.)

Yay! My OM rebate arrived today. I'm still waiting on the WD one though, hopefully it isn't trailing far behind.

ill check my mail today. or stop by the OM i bought the drive from.

im not happy right now.

I have received all rebates. Got my two OM in Saturday and the WD came in a few weeks ago. :cool: sweeeeet...

Just to chime in again, today I have received my OM $30 rebate for the drive. And as I mentioned above, I have already received the WD one.
Hope everyone else gets theirs!

i just got a officemax rebate in the mail today... its one of those with the check as the mail (it was for a leather chair but i hope its semirelavent to this thread).

regardless, the letter(check) was roughed up and the routing number is halfgone. i took it to the bank and they refused to accept it. they said that officemax would be able to cash it for me there if i brought it in. i havent done so yet. anyone have any opinions of this?

Originally posted by ziddey

regardless, the letter(check) was roughed up and the routing number is halfgone. i took it to the bank and they refused to accept it. they said that officemax would be able to cash it for me there if i brought it in. i havent done so yet. anyone have any opinions of this?

I'd take their advice. It's really the post office's fault, they shouldn't have royally screwed up the check. If they give you any flak, call up the corporate rebates dept., and ask them to ship another copy. However, OM should be kind enough to give you the rebate.

I'd take their advice. It's really the post office's fault, they shouldn't have royally screwed up the check. If they give you any flak, call up the corporate rebates dept., and ask them to ship another copy. However, OM should be kind enough to give you the rebate.
funny story

i went in to omax today and said that the bank told me to go to them

they were all like "what do we have to do with it? call the rebate center"

then my dad comes and says "they told us to come here"

the guy: "what can we do?"

me: "beats me"

he takes it to his manager and he pulls $30 out of the register and gives it to me
:eek: :eek: haha

i just hope they arent takign the hit :( they are awesome people there

They aren't taking a hit. I bet corporate supplies them with some cash for the register anyway.

That's a really good story, as well. I'm glad OM agrees with the mantra of "setting things straight."

This is why I hate mail in rebates, just give me my f'ing money!!!

i got the extended combined rebate thing in the mail today

+$60 for me :)

Originally posted by five-by-five
Got my $60 rebate today!

Lucky guys. I'm still waiting on my damn $30 rebate from WD. It's starting to move into "go into the nearest OM and bitch" territory.

Back