OfficeMax F&F sale

phiquach

Limp Gawd
Link

I just went to staples and did a pricematch on the samsung 22 inch - 15 coupon - 30 rebate :D

I keep meaning to go down there and do that.

I hear that many stores are turning people down because the sale doesn't start till Friday and that it's not a public sale.

totally awesome deal, even without the coupon and rebate... I think I'm going to hit up OM today and see if I can get in on the deal and take back the 22" ws gateway I just bought..

Thanks

So let me get this straight.....If my Staples will match, they sell me the display at 249 and I can apply for the $30 and $50 rebate on top of that?

Or do I pay 399 and then take the two rebates off that?

Staples does a 110% the difference price match, then beyond that you should be able to get the $30 rebate (the $50 looks like its out of date).

I'm wondering where this coupon is that has been referenced.

Wow, great deal on the monitor!

Wonder how much my Dell 2005FPW would fetch on the FS forum.

Good deal on the DVD media too.

Dammit. My 225BW monitor just shipped from Newegg :( That's about a $60 difference, after tax. I wonder if there's a way to get my money back without getting burned on the shipping. Ideas?

Well, considering the prices there aren't supposed to go into effect till Friday then yeah, he got a fantastic deal if that's what he used to do the pricematch.

The DVD media is cheap, I saw some mention over at CDFreaks about that "brand" being relatively crappy compared to most stuff nowadays and prone to a lot of errors, so... you get what you pay for I guess.

One thing I noted: it seems the Zune is pretty much dead in the water with that $70 off the normal price and no rebate. I'm almost tempted to get one, actually, but I'll hold off because I know it'll go even lower soon... :)

so your staples would have to be complete idiots to price match this since it says Friends and Family right on the ad.

I went to two different staples today. At the first one, the store manager flat out refused to do a price match due to the friends and family bs.

At the second one, the store manager called the district manager and the DM said they DO price match the friends and family flyers. But she still fugged the deal by adding the rebate TO the discounted price, which brought the deal to 276+tax.

I asked the silly wench if she was tarded, cuz if that's the way they do it, it's cheaper to just buy it from Office Max, which is what I'm going to do Friday morning.

Fawking Cawk Sux0rs

i went into officemax today at lunch to check the monitor out.
looked good. they only had about 7 tickets in the slot. not sure if thats how many they actually had onhand but i went upfront and asked one of the associates if they price adjust even on the friends and fam. offers. they said that they did.
i thought cool ill just get it now and come back friday. to match the price. because i am not able to get in there till late and would miss out on the deal.
got talking to him and told him what i awas going to do and he said ill save ya trip and just give it to ya at that price right.
useing it right now. man is this thing awsome.
i have had it on for about an hour and have just a very small bit of light bleeding coming from the bottom and top.
played a few min of flat out 2 and looks great.
i still have to adjust the colors and all properly but coming from a 19" crt i like it alot.

how can you get the F&F discount for this sale or is the name misleading and anyone can get it.

Just got mine... no issues with price match, I gave them the print out and not a word was said. I did not get the $50 instant rebate... no surprise.

This thing is HUGE compared to my 19" 4x3 Dell LCD. Maybe too big (I do not game on my PC).

One thing I noticed is default brightness is 100%... I turned it down to 60% and bleed is still crappy.

i just got my 22 inch 225bw from officemax! im gonna go back and price match thats what the cashier told me... since the deal starts on friday, i had to grab it now since it was the only 1 in stock in between 2 officemax stores

so far really nice! realy crisp,

how does the staples coupon apply to this deal, since it's at OfficeMax? Using the coupon and buying it at staples brings it to $319.

Oh wow I'm an idiot nvm. The deal is at staples :p

WOOT..perfect
should i go for stapleS? iv got $15 off coupons + $25 GC
or just officemax and use $15 off via cartridges

and if i go to staples i have to buy first, them come back for PM , coupon + GC?
or buy upfront.

and same @ officemax - do i buy now and come back later for PM, coupon and cartridges?

check availability in both stores and take the one thats available. If both are available buy from the one which requires less hassle.

i got mine from officemax it was the only one available that is close to me!!

i just got my 22 inch 225bw from officemax! im gonna go back and price match thats what the cashier told me... since the deal starts on friday, i had to grab it now since it was the only 1 in stock in between 2 officemax stores

so far really nice! realy crisp,

I called them and they told me they wouldn't do that.

Got one from Staples, although they only did 100% pricematch.

Didnt even realize it, think I should go back and complain?

hey Nobi125

You should still buy it, its they policy, if the price changes or item goes on sale then they will price match it, if not, you have 14 days from date of purchase to return the item. So if they deny the price match just return the item and get your money back.

hey Nobi125

You should still buy it, its they policy, if the price changes or item goes on sale then they will price match it, if not, you have 14 days from date of purchase to return the item. So if they deny the price match just return the item and get your money back.

They DID do the pricematch, but only for 249, not the extra %10, which is about $20 for me due to tax. What I was asking, is if I should go back to the store and try to get the extra %10. I already have it, so its not like they can change thier minds and say no.

As it stands, it will cost me $239 after the rebate and taxes, which is still a great deal.

Still at work, but I hooked it up, and man this thing is big compared to my 20 Inch Dell WS

hey Nobi125

I called them up again and they told me that if I called on thursday night, they could put one on hold for me for Friday.

I'll probably just do that.

Nice! i hope they honor the price match for me, otherwise im returning it. lol

I'd like to go and pick up the Zune in this deal, do they give you any crap for it being a friends and family sale? I imagine you could just make up something like "my cousin works there" or whatever ;)

I'd like to go and pick up the Zune in this deal, do they give you any crap for it being a friends and family sale? I imagine you could just make up something like "my cousin works there" or whatever ;)

I was not asked any questions, but yeah, I was prepared to say my cousin works at a different location. They didnt even mention the dates or anything.

He did try like hell to upsell me on the $99 protection plan though.

Last Friends and Family sale every store in Vegas had the flyers on the counter for everyone. They definitely don't give a shit.

I stopped at the max yesterday to see what they had in stock and they had 1 22" Samsung, so I decided to stop in this morning to see if they had the fliers out, well they didn't but there was another guy there that printed his own out bought the $699 notebook and was asking about the 22" Sammy b/c now it appeared they were OOS. I just laughed since I doubt anyone had bought it from late afternoon yesterday when I was in there. It made me happy though since he pretty much ran back to the notebooks and LCD's to try and snag both deals. So if you see this my office max accepted his flier even though he just printed it off......F&F my ass.

After being shot down by the Staples District Manager, I figured I'd wake up early and go down to Officemax. I get there 20 minutes after they open and they were sold out.

They got in three monitors for the sale and sold them all to the same guy just before I got there.

I was also lied to by an OfficeMax employee that told me I could put one on hold Thursday night.

This deal has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me. All I've done is wasted a bunch of time, only to end up empty handed.

Back