Office Outlook 2007 and McAfee Enterprise 8.0i

EnFoRcEr!!

Limp Gawd
I'm currently running both of these, and any time I receive an e-mail, outlook crashes, gives me the option to send an error report, and then restarts. However, if I disable the e-mail scanning, everything is fine. Obviously I do not want to run outlook 2007 if I have to keep scanning disabled, so I'm wondering...does anyone know if McAfee plans to come out with a patch for this soon?

It's not a solution, but you are using something that's considered beta, and shouldn't be used in the production environment. Of course, I'm talking about McAfee! ;)

It is very tempting for me to point at McAfee as the problem, since that's some of the worst software ever created (please smack your IT folks, and tell them to switch during their next upgrade cycle). However, your Office suite is still in beta as well, so there's a very good chance this is a bug that will be worked out by the final version.

Yea, you're probably right. I'll just switch back to 03 until then. Not worth the security risk.

EnFoRcEr!! said:
Yea, you're probably right. I'll just switch back to 03 until then. Not worth the security risk.
Does the problem exist with Office 2003 and the same version of McAfee?

djnes said:
Does the problem exist with Office 2003 and the same version of McAfee?

Nope. Just 07. I'm just running Outlook 03 with the rest of the 07 suite.

In that case, I'm more likely to blame the Office suite for being Beta. Hopefully, MS is aware of it, and will fix it.

You might want to download the beta 5100 scan engine for Mcafee 8(Mcafee website under beta programs). It makes a BIG difference, less problems, less memory usage, faster :)

Back