Office Installation problem

kaiweiler

Limp Gawd
Alright, so I am trying to install Office 07 and am having a problem.
Fairly early into the installation I get a popup saying that Setup cannot find PowerPoint.en-us\PptLR.cab
So I explore the disk and navigate to the PowerPoint.en-us folder and low and behold the PptLR.cab file is sitting right there?
So I direct the Installer to the correct folder and it tells me it's an invalid location...?
Why does the installer not recognize that this file is there??

cantfindcab.jpg

Then I get this:
invalidlocation.jpg

Any ideas?

That's weird. I would say go back to the original install, and install everything BUT powerpoint and make sure everything works. Then go back and try and install just powerpoint.

Yeah I would do that, but as soon as I pop in the CD and let it auto-run it just instantly does the full install. It does not ask me what parts I would like to install. :(

Is this a Licensed Copy that you purchased or is it something else?

Try copying that file somewhere. If it's not seeing it, it might be corrupt media. By copying it, you're verifying that it isn't having a problem.

You could also try copying the CD to your hard drive and installing. I've had a few applications over the years that didn't install right because of a scratched disc or something. It's a long shot, but ... eh... you never know...

Between the problem, and the label (name) of the disc from your screenshot, I'd bet the media is corrupt.

Make a new folder on your desktop and copy everything off your Office disc into there. Assuming there are no errors from copying, run the autorun out of the new folder.

If you get errors while copying you'll know you have a bad disk.

Back