office 365 users cannot change their job title? no way to allow permissions

Why the heck would you want users to update their own job titles? Who wants to manage that when someone types in "Boob Inspector" as their title? Having the correct job titles listed is very important in some companies, HR usually handles it.

Why the heck would you want users to update their own job titles? Who wants to manage that when someone types in "Boob Inspector" as their title? Having the correct job titles listed is very important in some companies, HR usually handles it.

I can see this honestly happening a lot, adults are no different than children really, we are just better at masking at how childish we are. (I'd probably put boob inspector :p)

Why would a user ever need to update their own job title? Office 365 should be pulling all the information using a dirsync out of AD anyway, do you let them update their job titles there as well?

company/client is very unique and no one would even dare to do that. job titles do not change often, but for a company like this that is constantly growing, expanding, and putting up incredible profits ... title changes do happen. and i want that responsibility to be on the employee.

the info in the GAL populates contact lists and information across the board, including cell phone contacts. its very important all that information is accurate and correct and i want to hold the individual employee accountable. please, maybe even hypothetically rule out childish behavior, it would be nice for this to be an option.

@ND40oz
during implementation, we heard from multiple contractors and companies who tried it that the AD sync with our local AD to office 365 and single sign on was a nightmare. so we chose to avoid it. i have heard from several others after that this is true.

@ND40oz
during implementation, we heard from multiple contractors and companies who tried it that the AD sync with our local AD to office 365 and single sign on was a nightmare. so we chose to avoid it. i have heard from several others after that this is true.

I never had any issues with dirsync and ADFS when I beta tested Office 365. We just had issues with the service being up and available, which it sounds like isn't an issue any longer. It does require more servers on prem though, which a lot of smaller companies won't want.

Dirsync isn't that hard until you get on the phone with MS Tech support. I've had to do restores on our dirsync box at least 3 times after a Jr. SA has been on the phone with them.

Single sign on should get a bit smother once they roll out the next wave of AzureAD with bi-directional sync.

You want me to update my job title?

Fine - it's either "Grand Poobah", "Lord and Master of All", or "Owns the CEO, biatch"

That's what HR departments are for. You want to give me that power, I'm going to violently point out that you might have made poor decisions. ;)

Of course, I can be a dick like that for silly things like this. :p

company/client is very unique and no one would even dare to do that. job titles do not change often, but for a company like this that is constantly growing, expanding, and putting up incredible profits ... title changes do happen. and i want that responsibility to be on the employee.

the info in the GAL populates contact lists and information across the board, including cell phone contacts. its very important all that information is accurate and correct and i want to hold the individual employee accountable. please, maybe even hypothetically rule out childish behavior, it would be nice for this to be an option.

@ND40oz

I don't see anything unique there. Growing rapidly means you need HR, and that means HR lackeys. Make the lackeys do some work :p

Employees eventually get tired of making updates and stop. Or just forget. You want to pull that from the central identity stores.

@ND40oz

ADsync/FS/SSO has been working perfect for us for months now.

Back