Office 2008: "There is a problem with the office database"

Status
Not open for further replies.

compslckr

[H]F Junkie
I installed the beta of Office 2008 from MSDN and everytime I launch Word, PowerPoint or Excel on my c2d Macbook (Leopard) it says There is a Problem with the Office Database

In the error message it says to run Office 2008 / Office / Database Utility; but all I see in that folder is "database Daemon" and when i try to run it nothing happens.

When I click "OK" to close the error box, office works fine, its just annoying to click it every time I open a document or an Office application.

I have tried reinstalling office twice with no luck, the only component I choose not to install is Entourage since I like Mail.app.

Any ideas?

Great find, I tried looking on google and could not find anything that worked.

Deleting the "Main Identity" folder located in
Code:
/username/documents/microsoft user data/office 2008 identities
did the trick

Thanks!

Great find, I tried looking on google and could not find anything that worked.

Deleting the "Main Identity" folder located in
Code:
/username/documents/microsoft user data/office 2008 identities
did the trick

Thanks!

Worked for me as well!

*edit* Just realized this was posted 2 years ago, sorry for bumping an old-ass thread :)

Worked for me as well!

*edit* Just realized this was posted 2 years ago, sorry for bumping an old-ass thread :)
Frankly, I wish you'd bumped it two months ago when I had the same problem after restoring from Time Machine backups following a system rebuild. Had this exact problem and it took a while to figure it out. While it's better than its predecessor, O2k8 really kinda blows... :p

Office 2008 is still in beta testing... wow... That is crazy with office 11 3 months from release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back