Office 2007 Ultimate edition $60 (Students)

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Link

For Students, you should have valid university or college email address.

The suite includes:

Microsoft Office Word 2007
Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
Microsoft Office Access 2007
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
Office OneNote 2007
Office Groove 2007
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
Accounting Express 2007

thank you very much sir :)

anyone know whether signing up for the commission thing is worth it?

Can you run 2003 and 2007 or will 2007 want to take over? Asking mainly for comfort reasons (I don't want to install, mess around with it, only to find out I don't like it and then have to go back).

A: Bloated / redesigned. I'd stick with 2003 if you had it.
B: Typically Microsoft. They now include the .docx format, which is the new, "improved" format by M$! (read: ploy to make previous versions obsolete)
C: completely superfluous. see http://www.openoffice.org/

A: Bloated / redesigned. I'd stick with 2003 if you had it.
B: Typically Microsoft. They now include the .docx format, which is the new, "improved" format by M$! (read: ploy to make previous versions obsolete)
C: completely superfluous. see http://www.openoffice.org/

I know I should stick to the topic, but I had to debunk your FUD.
A: This is just opinion.
B: This is just wrong. With the compatibility kit, the new format can be opened by old versions of Office.
C: OpenOffice is a good alternative to Office, but it has its share of issues as well.

I know I should stick to the topic, but I had to debunk your FUD.
A: This is just opinion.
B: This is just wrong. With the compatibility kit, the new format can be opened by old versions of Office.
C: OpenOffice is a good alternative to Office, but it has its share of issues as well.

Yup, you can download the compatibility update here
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100444731033.aspx

2007 all the way.

not bad, but if you really are a student, check your real bookstore. I picked up this same thing at mine for $10.

Office 2007 is a much better product than 2003. The ribbon is weird at first, but it's hard to go back to 2003 afterwards. For those in school, the reference manager is incredible.

OpenOffice vs. 2007: Hands down 2007. OpenOffice was a good competitor to 2003, but can't hold a candle to 2007. I recently tried using the newest version of OpenOffice, and I was very disappointed.

not bad, but if you really are a student, check your real bookstore. I picked up this same thing at mine for $10.

Lucky you. My school has the Enterprise Edition for $29.

BTW. Is each copy restricted to only one computer?

I want one:(

Someone wanna get one for me:D

You have a kid in K-12? If not, you could always look at signing up for a course at a community college. Most of the time, they're fairly cheap...besides, you could probably buy the software and drop the course and lose little or no money from the tuition.

You have a kid in K-12? If not, you could always look at signing up for a course at a community college. Most of the time, they're fairly cheap...besides, you could probably buy the software and drop the course and lose little or no money from the tuition.

You must be enrolled at least 1/2 time, if I remember correctly. I doubt they would actually check, but you never know.

Thanks for pointing me to the compatibility update, I was unaware of its existence.

No chance I can get the Mac version through this deal?

There is no Mac version.

Too bad for Mac users, because 2007 is far superior to any previous version of Office, and a damn sight better than OpenOffice.

I love being at TTU, I got vista ultimate for $10 and office 07 Enterprise was a free download with no activation :D

oh and 07>03. unless you're using an older computer. 07 runs like shit on my T23 (1.2ghz p3, 512mb)

and office 08 for Mac will be out soon. We're internally testing it at TTU.

just give 2k7 a week and you'll never be able to go to anything else. its just so darn convenient

arg, i didn't need to be using my credit card anymore, but how could i not go for such a sweet deal? maybe i can justify it as an "educational expense?" not likely ... :p

oh well. a 700 dollar office suite for 74 shipped, not bad.

I love being at TTU, I got vista ultimate for $10 and office 07 Enterprise was a free download with no activation :D

oh and 07>03. unless you're using an older computer. 07 runs like shit on my T23 (1.2ghz p3, 512mb)

and office 08 for Mac will be out soon. We're internally testing it at TTU.

Makes sense to me. If you're running an old computer, it's generally best to stick with older software.

I think the last time I ran a pIII was in '05 (500mhz) and it was my backup machine.

And I agree that office 2007 is better than 2003 (but I don't really like 2003 much anyway)

One of these days, I'll have to get around to actually installing Office 2007 (got a free key from an MS conference last year). That's a damn good price for student types, though...

there aren't any good links from my school, does anybody know of a decent educational reseller?

thanks!

How does it work if you have a child in k-12?

How does it work if you have a child in k-12?
I don't recall, but you can look through the MS site, or any site that sells educational software for details. It's definitely not limited to college students. MS understands how it works: hook while they're young ;)

Back