Office 2003 work wtih Vista?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curios if my copy of Office 2003 is going to work ok with Vista?

Copyright said:
Just curios if my copy of Office 2003 is going to work ok with Vista?

My 2k3 Pro worked with the RC's, so I don't see a problem with it working with the RTM version.

2000 doesnt work, XP is rumored not to work but I never tried.. 2003 and 2007 do work.

Definitely recommend the update though.

2007 is oh so pretty in XP must be even better in Vista.

Office 2003 works on Vista . If you decide to run Office 2007 at the same time,you will be given a choice of 2003 Outlook or 2007 Outlook, can't have both running at the same time.
What I haven't tried is moving to Outlook 2007 and seeing if all my information transfers over properly, my guess is that you can, but I could be wrong.
By the way the ribbon effect for 2007 is good but where is the list of goodies the you use to get when you hit File such as save as, print preview or print, do I have to learn all the shortcut keys.

All the "goodies" are still there, but in the new context menus. I havent used it enough to have it down by heart yet but I've managed to find all the things I thought missing.

Check out the new Office "Orb" (similar to start Orb in Vista) at the top left of the app. It has the menu for all the other stuff.

jtzako said:
All the "goodies" are still there, but in the new context menus. I havent used it enough to have it down by heart yet but I've managed to find all the things I thought missing.

Check out the new Office "Orb" (similar to start Orb in Vista) at the top left of the app. It has the menu for all the other stuff.

Thankyou very much. I might just use 2007 more.

Uncle said:
Thankyou very much. I might just use 2007 more.

Indeed. 2007 interface isn't as confusing at some on the internet would like you to think. Its actually very easy to use and learn. If you can, use it over 2003 =)

Back