Office 2003 and OpenOffice on the same PC?

djnes

Fully [H]
I doubt there will be an issue, but has anyone run Office2003 and OpenOffice on the same PC? I have a second computer that I'd like to test OpenOffice out on, but I don't want to remove my Office2003 install, atleast not right now. Any issues?

Thanks. I installed it today and started playing around with it. I'm drawn to it by the fact I can create PDF files from the documents.

Same reason I downloaded it yesterday and figured I'd play with it on my Windows machine (already have it on my laptop in ubuntu)

Thanks. I installed it today and started playing around with it. I'm drawn to it by the fact I can create PDF files from the documents.

Yeah - that is a nice add-in for Office 2007 as well. Too bad Adobe wouldn't let MS support PDF's natively...or MS wouldn't agree to whatever the terms were or whatever the case was...

No problems here either.

Also there is a plugin avail for Office2003 (santioned by MS) so that you can save MS-O documents in the OO format (alot better formatting preservation) allowing you to then open in openoffice with alot better inter-operation

also if you are just after PDF creation download activePDF, the best pdf printer driver I have come across for windows (very handy when I need to send out circuit designs)

Back