Offical Half Life 2 "I'm stuck help me!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nybbles said:
Dude, it looks like that platform on the wire was moved from where it started. I figured there was a way to move it, but how? I've looked everywhere. I hope it's not something stupid and obvious, but it probably will be.

Currently, this is as far as I can get:

ravenholm.jpg
i found the lever. but how do u get up where your standing.

chuckm1020 said:
i found the lever. but how do u get up where your standing.
behind him there is a small shack type building with boxes on the right side of it that you can jump up ..then you jump over to a ledge and then there you go

When you go down by those boxes he's talking about, watch out...let's just say it's not that dark for no reason.
Fixed.

Hello, I just regesterd and wanted to ask you guys to help me out a bit on the sand traps level. I just got past the part where you use your gravity gun the pull the box on the big teader -todder towards you, and then have the run along it and jump up over the otherside. Then there is a fork in the " road " if I go right, take a few hops, I get the a peir and a small building, to the left of the dock theres a bunch of debries on the sand and a boat with supplys ( .357 ammo ). If I go the the left, then take a few hops, Im up on a plato looking across a 10 or 12 foot gap, at a building... Im really stuck here, would anyone mind helping me, thanks,

Awsome forum you guys got.

sapient said:
I found the easest way to beat that poit with the 3 turrets is to remove each one and put it back facing out. First 2 in their holders and the one on the right put in the far right bin then climb in the middle bin and crouch down and the turrets wont be knocked over being that they are in their bins and if anyone manges to get into the little room blast'em with your shotgun. Lame but it worked like a charm.
I only got hit once.

thanks, this worked beutifully except i put all 3 in their holders and hit in the empty one with my shotty blazing. very efficient :D

c'mon fellas, half the fun of this game is figuring out the puzzles for yourself! :D don't give in, the game throws some pretty interesting ones at you!

Hey finalgt, go to the top level. You'll see a sparking lamp around you. There are beams you must walk over to get there. Took me 20 minutes of running around to find it... :rolleyes:

Im stuck in nova prospect... There is a energy sheild sheilding me from knocking over two turrets.. They can shoot me, but I cant knock em over. Where is the plug to undo the sheild, or is there anothe way to do it..

I'm in entanglement with the part with the turrets. And I keep on dying. Any suggestions? The part with the open halls and 3 turrets specifically.

I am stuck in chapter 13(I think). It is the level where all of your weapons are taken away and you have the blue gravity gun. I go forward killing all of the guys until I get to the second time the head guy of black mesa talks but then i get stuck and I don't know where to go. There is a rail that I want to jump over but for some reason I can't jump in this level. Plz Help!

Crazed Trucka said:
Im stuck in nova prospect... There is a energy sheild sheilding me from knocking over two turrets.. They can shoot me, but I cant knock em over. Where is the plug to undo the sheild, or is there anothe way to do it..
Use the gravity gun and throw stuff at them to knock them over.

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
/\

You gotta go get you car back and jump it on turbo.

dude, thats a huge gap.. and between that tunnel and bridge my game also loads(loads to next level).. are you sure i have to jump over that Bridge? whats that house on the right side?

thanks.

I'm in "Follow Freeman" -

I'm trying to destroy the 3rd generator in the big building with the "suppresion device" on top of it. I can see the door(it is a hallway with two busts on pedestals in it) but it is blocked by a force field. I got the first two no problem but now I'm stuck.

im stuck in follow freeman,

in the room w/ all the turrets thats somehow "important" you walk in and the doors clamp shut.. help please?

Crazed Trucka said:

Have another look around the room, maybe by the desk?

what desk? if you meen the one with the helth, the controle panle isnt doing anything when i hit e, and if you meen the desk outside, i tried jamming the dore with it but it didnt help

the_village_treky said:

in the room w/ all the turrets thats somehow "important" you walk in and the doors clamp shut.. help please?

I've determined thats where I must go, I figured out how to bypass all the laser fields except for the last one :confused:

the_village_treky said:
what desk? if you meen the one with the helth, the controle panle isnt doing anything when i hit e, and if you meen the desk outside, i tried jamming the dore with it but it didnt help

Try throwing a nade at one them. I remember playing thru a sequence where there is a sheild blocking my path and there was an office with the plug and there was no way to get to it, so i threw a nade and VOILA.

Otherside of the room there's a door blocked by some benches and barrels that you need to move before you can go through.

That damn strider on the highway is pissing me off. :mad:

The rocket launcher is the most worthless weapon ever I might as well be using a slingshot.

Actually a slingshot would be better for it wouldnt come back and hit me like the rocket does. :mad:

Hokay, I've been very good so far, but I finally need a little nudge as to what to do here. I just got done crossing underneath a bridge, and fighting my way to the top on the other side, where there is a control room of some kind. Kinda rectangule with about 3 windows on one side, and 2 more facing me. There is a BIG HUGE CABLE and PLUG on the floor. I see the outlet. I pick up the plug, and ram into the outlet...annnnd it dun want to go in. I make sure...I do a little dance so that the physics will make it juuuuust PERFECTLY lined up with the socket....

DUN WANNA GO INNNN.

So I look around, and see a switch. I flip it, shit hits the fan, and I've got a flying organic/metal helipooper gunning me through the (now) broken windows.

I'm dying to know, did anybody else plug this stupid thing in? does it matter? I cna't kill that stupid thing with TWO rockets.

Eärendil said:
Hokay, I've been very good so far, but I finally need a little nudge as to what to do here. I just got done crossing underneath a bridge, and fighting my way to the top on the other side, where there is a control room of some kind. Kinda rectangule with about 3 windows on one side, and 2 more facing me. There is a BIG HUGE CABLE and PLUG on the floor. I see the outlet. I pick up the plug, and ram into the outlet...annnnd it dun want to go in. I make sure...I do a little dance so that the physics will make it juuuuust PERFECTLY lined up with the socket....

DUN WANNA GO INNNN.

So I look around, and see a switch. I flip it, shit hits the fan, and I've got a flying organic/metal helipooper gunning me through the (now) broken windows.

I'm dying to know, did anybody else plug this stupid thing in? does it matter? I cna't kill that stupid thing with TWO rockets.

Go back down to the bottom level and run back 2 stations, you shouldn't take to much damage on the way back. There's a crate with some RPG ammo that replenishes it's self out side of it, load up on ammo, destroy the helicopter and make your way back to the buildings.

I am stuck at the sand traps level. I smell that I am really close to the end of the movie. Can someone tell me what to do now? Totally stuck. Here is the shot.

sandtraps.JPG

the_village_treky said:

Make your way around the room without tripping any of the laser beams.

Vriess said:
You go to the right and jump off the pipe onto the ledge, then walk into the other room and hit the valve to make the water rise. Then come back into that room and you swim out.

I must have done something wrong. I turned the valve to raise the water before I looked for help in this thread. My water level is still too low to swim through. Any idea why?

I'm stuck here. Any ideas what I do now? I can't get past the fence surrounding that person on the left. I can't go through that barricade.

hl2stuck.JPG

Liqwid122 said:
I am stuck in chapter 13(I think). It is the level where all of your weapons are taken away and you have the blue gravity gun. I go forward killing all of the guys until I get to the second time the head guy of black mesa talks but then i get stuck and I don't know where to go. There is a rail that I want to jump over but for some reason I can't jump in this level. Plz Help!

im stuck here to :(

cuemasterfl

what happened to your fan boat, you should be pulling that bad boy into the enclosure, and then the vortigan (?) fuses a gun onto the boat

spank

screenshot please, I don't remember anything too challenging puzzle wise about that level, just that you need to get into those casket looking things that run on the rails

The boat is right behind me, you just can't see it in the pic...I've taken it right up into that area where the barricade is and nothing happens.

So um, where are the supposed "rockets" when you're trying to battle the striders for the first time? The only way out of the first section is through a tunnel under the road, but one of the striders is hanging out there shooting through the tunnel. :mad:

Slava said:
I am stuck at the sand traps level. I smell that I am really close to the end of the movie. Can someone tell me what to do now? Totally stuck. Here is the shot.

sandtraps.JPG

I am stuck in the same spot. dont know where to go from here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back