Offical Half Life 2 "I'm stuck help me!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dougieha said:
I'm in the airboat at the lock (swinging gate thing) in the river. I got out of the boat and went inside and made it all the way to the little turn-valve that's broken and sparking...but I don't know what to do next. How do I open the gates?

Thanks,
Dougieha

Walk up to the sparking turny thing......turn yourself 90* to the right.......throw a gernade at that large bundle of iron beams that is attached to a rope.........BOOM!.....reload your weapons......... :D

Jawad said:
Me = OWNED

Yes, yes you are!

You are going to need that boat for a good while after where you took that shot from.

*Gordon speaking: Are we there yet, are we there yet?*

I'm still stuck in ravenholm. I have gotten on top of the buildings with the crates and everything but I dont know what to do next. If anyone can help post or AIM me at badjokenolaff3

I'm stuck in the prison right after you meet up with Alex. There is a force field and the plug to it is behind bullet proof glass so I can't figure out how to pull it out to deactivate the force field.

I am at the part where you must use the electro-magnet to push a bridge over a gap in 2 docks. This is just after shooting the helicopter down with the RPG. I need the car to jump a gap in a blown up bridge but I do no know how to get the buggy on the dock area. Any help? Is there a ramp I'm missing?

Donahue, I haven't gotten there, but isn't that the spot that you are supposed to lift the buggy using the magnet? Just a thought.

Only one more hour of work, only one more hour.

Shadowspawn said:
Donahue, I haven't gotten there, but isn't that the spot that you are supposed to lift the buggy using the magnet? Just a thought.

Only one more hour of work, only one more hour.

I tried, the magnet wouldn't go down far anough to pick the buggy up from the ground...

d1_canals_060000.jpg

I'm at the red barn after I went through the sludge on the hovercraft. What do I do now and where do I find more health!!! I got 7 health, no bullets, and an alien on the first floor whos ready to kill me!!!

d1_canals_120011.jpg

I have some bad texture corruption right before there illustrated here:

d1_canals_120006.png

I honestly dont know if I am missing something because I cannot see it. I have backtracked and been stuck on this spot for almost an hour and a half. Anyone?

kcchan1 said:
d1_canals_060000.jpg

I'm at the red barn after I went through the sludge on the hovercraft. What do I do now and where do I find more health!!! I got 7 health, no bullets, and an alien on the first floor whos ready to kill me!!!
go up the latter u see there. then onyour right hand side theres a barel wedged underneath a pully device thing. wedge it loose and all the health and goodies will drop. and go pick them up in the water. then continue your fun trip down the river.

im trying to get these gates open so i can take the boat through there. but the devince to open them up is busted and sparking. im confused. what should i do?
419af34fd468f.jpg

if u find a certain door in the building, blow some barrels that will release some pieces of wood attached to a rope, that will swing, blow the doors, and set off an alarm

now for help for me... why is my reticulte the freaking letter Q?

Chuck: if you look to your right in that picture there are barrels there blow em up.

inglewood78 said:
How do I get passed the electric fence in the "We don't go to Ravenholm" chapter?

you know that first big fire you see in front of the building with the guy shooting things and laughing and all the carcasses are impaled in the fire? right to the left of that is a propane tank, go around the fire towards the left until you find it, turn the red valve . this will reveal a door in the front of the building, enter, go up the stairs until you find a window with wires dangling out of it, right next to the window is a lever, pull the lever.

i dont know if people are seeing the patterns here, but turning valves on and off usually end up solving puzzles all throughout the game.

I'm stuck in the passageway to ravenholm right after you get the gravity gun. It seems like you have to stack crates and whatnot to get to the part of the ladder not covered by grating. Well I did that and gordon won't climb the freakin ladder. WTH?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the solution in another thread. I feel dumb now.

donahue said:
I tried, the magnet wouldn't go down far anough to pick the buggy up from the ground...
When the shadow of the magnet is over your car, left click. The magnet will pick the car up then you can drop it by left clicking again when you're holding it over the dock.

sorry, i havnt got back to playing it. but if i look to the right there is nothing to blow up at all. i cant find crap.
419bca3015f5f.jpg

Chuck, youve gone too far in the last pic.

Go back to the valve that is sparking. Once you are looking directly at the valve, turn to your right. Through the chain link you will see explosive barrels. I chose to shoot the barrels. You can use nades also (As stated above).

no up there on the second level where you were chuck, see that fence its like a 30 degree right not 90 degree. there are barrels to blow up and they will send a big log through the gate there.

badjoke said:
still need help

On your first pic, you have those three platforms. You have to jump them all, and then climb the ladder. If you have trouble jumping, try a sprint/jump combo. I didn't need to sprint though. Took me a while to figure out that all you gotta do is pull the lever to get the platform to move. After that, it's pretty str8 forward. Hope it helps. Oh, beyond the ladder, I forgot what happens after, I think you meet up with Father Gregory and he tells you to go to church.

d1_canals_120000.jpg

Im stuck here. I have killed the two vehicles that shot rockets and bullets at me from above, but i cant figure out what to do from here.

MagneticHelmet said:
d1_canals_120000.jpg

Im stuck here. I have killed the two vehicles that shot rockets and bullets at me from above, but i cant figure out what to do from here.
Get out of your boat, then go under the boardwalk. Keep walking until you reach the area with the two big red boxes. One of them has barrels that explode. Blow them up, and the box should open. Then go back to your boat then drive thru the box, under the boardwalk, and over the ramp.

badjoke said:
I did that but how do I get to the church

The Father talks to you then walks away, you jump across the road to the fire escape underneath where Father Gregory was standing. I think it partly collapses, scaring the shit outta you. Then you go into the building. From there its fairly straight forward. Once you can see the church: Face the church, look right. There is a building with a pulley system going to its roof. The pulley system goes over the fence to the church. Get to that roof and Gregory will show up again.

pat said:
Uh, where can I control the magnet?

When you are in the boardwalk, there is a crane. You climb the ladder on the crane and enter the vehicle. W is to extend arm, S is to retract, A and D is to move the crane left/right, and mouse 1 is to lower/pull the magnet.

Noodle Boy said:
When you are in the boardwalk, there is a crane. You climb the ladder on the crane and enter the vehicle. W is to extend arm, S is to retract, A and D is to move the crane left/right, and mouse 1 is to lower/pull the magnet.

Yea, but how do I get onto the crane? I see the ladders, but they're unreachable.

badjoke said:
Why didn't you tell me there was a door in the attic?!

Sorry :confused: I can't remember every detail. I'm an old fogy.

Yea, but how do I get onto the crane? I see the ladders, but they're unreachable.

You get to the crane from the boardwalk. It sounds like you are still on the ground?

Shadowspawn said:
You get to the crane from the boardwalk. It sounds like you are still on the ground?

WTF? The crane station is in the middle of the ground. There's no way I can get up there if I'm on the ground.

Stupid crane :mad:

I don't think we are talking about the same spot. You will reach a spot in the game where you cannot go any further. There is a large walkway with an open bridge and a crane. There is a building at ground level. Behind the building is a ladder up to the walkway. There is a dude shooting you from the crane. You take him out and get up on the crane. Upon taking control of the crane some bad guys come out of the wharehouse on the other side of the bridge and start shooting you. Thats when you use the crane to pick up storage buildings and make big bad guys into mashed meat. You will have used the buggy to get to this point. If I remember correctly there is a thumper that you have to turn on because the ant lions are on your ass, at which point you can turn your attention to the soldiers shooting you from the walkway.

Shadowspawn said:
I don't think we are talking about the same spot. You will reach a spot in the game where you cannot go any further. There is a large walkway with an open bridge and a crane. There is a building at ground level. Behind the building is a ladder up to the walkway. There is a dude shooting you from the crane. You take him out and get up on the crane. Upon taking control of the crane some bad guys come out of the wharehouse on the other side of the bridge and start shooting you. Thats when you use the crane to pick up storage buildings and make big bad guys into mashed meat. You will have used the buggy to get to this point. If I remember correctly there is a thumper that you have to turn on because the ant lions are on your ass, at which point you can turn your attention to the soldiers shooting you from the walkway.

Woah, no way. Not there yet.

I'm at the point where you first get the buggy, and they try to get it up onto the highway but something goes wrong, and the person tells you to get the car up on the highway. I drove around hitting those annoying ass bugs and I found a possible way up there, but it doesn't work because it's blocked.

Any ideas?

This forum is moving so fast its almost like live chat! You mean when they pick you up with the magnet and she says the magnet is failing and drops you on your head? I think I just headed for the beach and followed the coast. You don't get on the highway until after they give you the laser guided rocket launcher, if memory serves.

Shadowspawn said:
This forum is moving so fast its almost like live chat! You mean when they pick you up with the magnet and she says the magnet is failing and drops you on your head? I think I just headed for the beach and followed the coast. You don't get on the highway until after they give you the laser guided rocket launcher, if memory serves.

Yea, I went all along the beach and I didn't find any road to be travelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back