Offical Half Life 2 "I'm stuck help me!" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawad

Limp Gawd
d1_canals_030003.jpg

ok so where do i go from here? i can't get in that hole once on that pipe.

You go to the right and jump off the pipe onto the ledge, then walk into the other room and hit the valve to make the water rise. Then come back into that room and you swim out.

Go straightahead, under the bridge...You see two tunnels..The one on the right is covered and you can't seem to fit through the hole..Take out the crowbar and open the hole. Their are boards in the way.

Arrr why did I help you? It took me 25 minutes and 3 cans of Mt Dew later to figure that out!

go back to the inferno area where the firey heads attack you. Flip the win switch then go back to the bridge and win!

i need help too, what do i do here. i cant go through the pipe that in glowing red, because i cant reach it. Also this is in the room with alot of flamable tanks
419a7b9e5574f.jpg

NotSoSimple said:
Go straightahead, under the bridge...You see two tunnels..The one on the right is covered and you can't seem to fit through the hole..Take out the crowbar and open the hole. Their are boards in the way.

Arrr why did I help you? It took me 25 minutes and 3 cans of Mt Dew later to figure that out!

Hahahah I feel your pain. There I was, stacking boxes on top of each other to get to the top and shit, then I saw an opening on the other side, and just laughed at myself.

After that, you get to a room with a plank on a cement pipe. After I stack the bricks on one side of the plank to get to the next 'level' I get to a canal. I'd like to go through it, but there's a helicopter shooting the crap out of me. Should I just run through the canal and hope it just goes away?

chuckm1020 said:
i need help too, what do i do here. i cant go through the pipe that in glowing red, because i cant reach it. Also this is in the room with alot of flamable tanks

Go to the top of the ladder, get on top of the pipe that runs the length of the room(the one above your head in that picture), get to the other walkway, go into the other room, walf off the platform onto the pipes, fall onto the white pipes and you will see a vavle, turn it-thus letting water in, retrace your steps to the room you took the pic in and swim thru the pipe....yay!

Don't worry, I spent 45 minutes trying to stack barrels in order to jump to the pipe, but you will see that that would have gotten me trapped on the other side.

I think this thread should stop. Part of what I think makes half life 2 good is the good puzzles I found. Spoiling puzzles is an insult to every player, AND I DON'T CARE HOW MANY AGONIZING HOURS YOU SPENT FIGURING IT OUT. The place place where you have to make the water rise took me like 30 minutes to figure out though :D

I am stuck... I have opened Gate 5by pressing the switch in the tower. Where do I go from here? I keep running into a helicopter and dying.

Mons said:
I am stuck... I have opened Gate 5by pressing the switch in the tower. Where do I go from here? I keep running into a helicopter and dying.

Back to your boat....

Mons said:
Wow, that is far away.

Not really...I think there is a way to get to the canal and then just swim/walk to where you parked your boat. Without having to backtrace every step that you took to get there.

Tiny said:
Not really...I think there is a way to get to the canal and then just swim/walk to where you parked your boat. Without having to backtrace every step that you took to get there.

I thought my boat was stuck at an impassable area. I will have to go back and check.

Perhaps yall could help me out - im stuck TRYING TO LOG INTO THE GODDAMN STEAM SERVERS!@##!@#@!~***. Fucking idiots could have done something about the expected bandwidth.

moosenuts said:
Perhaps yall could help me out - im stuck TRYING TO LOG INTO THE GODDAMN STEAM SERVERS!@##!@#@!~***. Fucking idiots could have done something about the expected bandwidth.

Quit yer bitchin'!

My mistake. Please accept my sincerest apologies for being human. I will do my best to no longer allow that terrible error to occur.

Mons said:
I thought my boat was stuck at an impassable area. I will have to go back and check.

I thought the same thing. You can actually psas on the right hand side though, it's a narrow little waterway.

I'm glad I'm only one of many, many people who got confused by that little pipe room...they put those barrels there deliberately to make people think that's the way to get out. But as described, you need to get on the big pipe from the ladder, then jump to the little pipe, get on the walkway, go to the other room, and find the valve amongst those pipes, it's about halfway down. That'll raise the water level and you can swim to the other side.

ok, i'm someware in ravenholm

im pretty sure i know the puzzle, there is a suspended wire platform that i need to activate somehow and then run up a series of boards to get in.

the thing is that i cant find the place to activate it

// where is the damn screenshots folder

cheers

Screenshots are in C:valve>steamapps>username>hl2>screenshots

I am in ravenholm after father grigory tells me to go to the church. What do I do!? Help.

well you run around alot, and end up were i am, in an ally clobbering zombies a they spawn wishing i knew how to continue

badjoke said:
Screenshots are in C:valve>steamapps>username>hl2>screenshots

I am in ravenholm after father grigory tells me to go to the church. What do I do!? Help.

Me too! Out of ammo for all weapons, so I am out of fun. The new Zombies are uhh.... Intense.

I am stuck too. I have used the machine gun to down the chopper on the hover boat race. I have continue to where you don´t get any longer with the hover boat. Or I think you don´t?

Anyway it´s a ladder going up and you jump down on the tunnel roof. Then on to a balcony of some kind and then there is a winch for a platform with some health pack in it. There is a windmill on the roof to btw.

Also on the other side there is a crane or something on a roof that looks like you should demolish but you can´t?

There is also a fench you need to get past?

How do I get passed the electric fence in the "We don't go to Ravenholm" chapter?

Edit: Nevermind... I finally figured it out.

Alias said:
Me too! Out of ammo for all weapons, so I am out of fun. The new Zombies are uhh.... Intense.

Oh Figured it out. After he gives you the Shotgun, look down and to your right, thats where you need to jump. Onto those boards.

Im in the Airboat after the "dam drop" when Do i get out of the airboat and get the Gravity Gun...Im sick of that boat.

I'm in the airboat at the lock (swinging gate thing) in the river. I got out of the boat and went inside and made it all the way to the little turn-valve that's broken and sparking...but I don't know what to do next. How do I open the gates?

Thanks,
Dougieha

Yeah that air boat sequence never ends do it? It was fun for an hour :eek: Still doesn´t beat Far Crys river level ;)

But to my credit I figured out the dish washer thing. I should have figured because why would they otherwise put a dish washer there :p

Now I am stuck after downing the chopper that spews sink bombs a plenty :p

d1_canals_030001.jpg

How do I get the the ladder on the other side of the gate? Or am I going the wrong way?

kcchan1 said:
d1_canals_030001.jpg

How do I get the the ladder on the other side of the gate? Or am I going the wrong way?

There's a hole on the left wall from where you're standing. It's under water. Make sure you take a deep breath first.

how do i get through this? i don't have a boat, haven't had one for a while
d1_canals_090003.jpg

the airboat sequence is making me sick. the chopper just keeps dropping bombs or something.

Jawad said:

Dude, go get your boat. You have a long ways to go with the boat still. You don't give up the boat until you reach Alyx (however her name is spelled).

Edit: Bleed, you're close. Destroy that chopper then figure out how to jump the damn and you're done with the boat.

Jawad said:
d1_canals_090003.jpg

AHH you shoulda had a boat the WHOLE TIME!! You must have missed some puzzles to open the doors. When did you ditch your ride? Because without it, you will be running for a good few HOURS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back