Offical Call of Duty Black Ops Thread

Lames.

Gawd
Post info up. I am personally waiting to get off work and jipping my easy class tonight to play...

[H] User's Servers Info (PM or post on here and I will update the information)
New Jersey based servers:

Delaware Gamers Inc Blackops #1
Address: codbo1.degamersinc.com:3074
IP: 66.55.152.150:3074
18 Player Ranked

Delaware Gamers Inc Blackops #2
Address: codbo2.degamersinc.com:3074
IP: 66.55.159.105:3074
18 Player Ranked

Chicago based servers:

.:AP:. Absolute Perfection Gaming
173.199.91.71:3074
18 Player Ranked.
HC TDM

BinaryTrace
173.199.91.139:3074
10 Player Unranked
Playlist: TDM

Chicago Ranked 18 players
173.199.95.232:3074

Dallas based servers

Tryhard Pubstars
IP: 173.199.101.25
18 players ranked
Playlist: TDM/DOM

Last edited:
It has lean, dedicated servers, and an adjustable FOV up to 80. Lots of players are having connection problems, however.

It has lean, dedicated servers, and an adjustable FOV up to 80. Lots of players are having connection problems, however.

Not the typical 90 FoV? Edit an ini file maybe?

And can we keep the stupid crap out of this thread please?

me and a friend rented a server..he cant connect.....I'm at work so I wont know till tonight if I can get in......

me and a friend rented a server..he cant connect.....I'm at work so I wont know till tonight if I can get in......

Heard the master server is down? Maybe going to be applying a patch to fix people's lag?

And thanks MajorD for cleaning it up a bit here.

I'll be playing later this evening. waiting for my parts to arrive and then assemble and configure my machine and the one that gets my old parts, then I can play.

Not the typical 90 FoV? Edit an ini file maybe?

And can we keep the stupid crap out of this thread please?

It's always been 80 in the CoD engine. Max was 80 in 2, 4, W@W, MW2 and now Black Ops.

However, there's currently a bug with the FoV setting in that it actually doesn't change the FoV, only how much of your gun/arms are showing. Which is weird because it does seem to be working for Porter_.

Master Server is back up but servers are frequently crashing. No need to panic or call this the worst game ever over this, though, because this almost always happens with every popular online game launch.

It would be nice if you could add all relevant info to the OP so people don't have to dig through all the different threads or multiple pages.

Here's the server list [H]'ers have rented from the other thread:

New Jersey based servers:

Delaware Gamers Inc Blackops #1
Address: codbo1.degamersinc.com:3074
IP: 66.55.152.150:3074
18 Player Ranked

Delaware Gamers Inc Blackops #2
Address: codbo2.degamersinc.com:3074
IP: 66.55.159.105:3074
18 Player Ranked

Chicago based servers:

Chicago Ranked 18 players
173.199.95.232:3074

Dallas based servers

Tryhard Pubstars
IP: 173.199.101.25
18 players ranked
Playlist: TDM

Could someone post some screenies of maps. I am curious what the quality is. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the retail boxed PC version comes with an actual DVD for installation or is it a Steam code card?

Could someone post some screenies of maps. I am curious what the quality is. Thanks!

Set up for consoles, without lean in mind and the fact that PC players can aim - probably not that great - but there is always hope.

Does anyone know if the retail boxed PC version comes with an actual DVD for installation or is it a Steam code card?

More than likely a DVD with a code as usual and you just have to be logged into Steam to install it. That is how the D2D is working.

It's always been 80 in the CoD engine. Max was 80 in 2, 4, W@W, MW2 and now Black Ops.

However, there's currently a bug with the FoV setting in that it actually doesn't change the FoV, only how much of your gun/arms are showing. Which is weird because it does seem to be working for Porter_.

Master Server is back up but servers are frequently crashing. No need to panic or call this the worst game ever over this, though, because this almost always happens with every popular online game launch.

It would be nice if you could add all relevant info to the OP so people don't have to dig through all the different threads or multiple pages.

Here's the server list [H]'ers have rented from the other thread:

Updated original post.

How do you change the FOV?

I must know!

There should be a slider in the options where you change your resolution and stuff.

Set up for consoles, without lean in mind and the fact that PC players can aim - probably not that great - but there is always hope.

I'd like to see some maxed 2560x1600 4x-8x AA screens to see the graphics... and map designs ;) but curious if it looks decent even.

Does the friends list work properly for you guys? i cant join my friends , i have to be invited to join them.

I'd like to see some maxed 2560x1600 4x-8x AA screens to see the graphics... and map designs ;) but curious if it looks decent even.

As soon as my copy arrives I'll be more than happy to accommodate.

Ohhh the pretties, I was thinking about gameplay. It's the same engine as MW2, but the adjustable FOV will make it that much easier on the eyes - thank god.

As soon as my copy arrives I'll be more than happy to accommodate.

:D Thanks, sir.

Raveux, I'm assuming the gameplay is pretty similar to Modern Warfare 1, would I be wrong on that from what you've heard?

:D Thanks, sir.

Raveux, I'm assuming the gameplay is pretty similar to Modern Warfare 1, would I be wrong on that from what you've heard?

If it is what MW1 was, then it is almost perfect for me. Loved the competition ladders in MW1. Hoping for the same in BO since you can customize the unranked servers so much.

I'm looking for basically what we had in Modern Warfare 1, with the weapons customization available to us in Modern Warfare 2. That would make for about the perfect game in my mind.

Well I enjoyed it. Yes the game play was very similar to MW2, but it did have some stuff in there that I wasn't expecting. The soundtrack worked really well. As for the graphics, there pretty good (yes you can tell by the texture quality that it was written for consoles), There were some very nice effects going on in the later levels.

I'm not sure well the 360 will handle this, as there were places where the fps dropped to around 35 (1200x1900 maxed AA etc) and this is with an overclocked gtx 460. I only played MW2 on the xbox and the graphics were allot better on the PC.

I liked the bonus level It would have been better if JFK joined in the zombie slaughter (but the proverbs were a nice touch), and you really need some kind of hacking weapon when dealing with zombies.

All in all, I don't regret the purchase.

I'm looking for basically what we had in Modern Warfare 1, with the weapons customization available to us in Modern Warfare 2. That would make for about the perfect game in my mind.

I await your review. You can be trusted.

I played MW2 a little bit on 360 but guess I did not play it that much to remember the customization of the weapons..Guess it will be something new for me to look forward to :D

Anyone able to actually get a game of zombies going? I can start private matches, but it's kind of annoying trying to find enough people in lobbies that fail to launch to then accept invites to my private match.

Also, is there any way to change teams on the pc version? I understand how it's supposed to work, but every single game that me and my brother join, for the entire 3 hours or so we dealt with nonstop disconnects online, we were unable to actually change teams. It's always just grayed out.

I played MW2 a little bit on 360 but guess I did not play it that much to remember the customization of the weapons..Guess it will be something new for me to look forward to :D

In MW1 you could basically add one attachment to the weapons. That was it. In MW2 you can add two. Before you couldn't do a grenade launcher and EOTech holographic sight, but now you can. I just thought it was a stupid restriction in the first game.

Anyone having really bad issues with fps in crossfire mine don't seem to be going any higher then 45-50 a second but more like staying around 30 a second. Running at 1920X1200 all low settings and my fps are just horrid I can barley play.

It's the servers afaik, everyone i've asked online and everything i've read says that everybody is all having the same stuttery jumpy lag.

Anyone having really bad issues with fps in crossfire mine don't seem to be going any higher then 45-50 a second but more like staying around 30 a second. Running at 1920X1200 all low settings and my fps are just horrid I can barley play.

What cards are you crossfiring?
What are the specs of the rest of your computer?

I'm running at 5760x1080 4xAA everything maxed with the rig in my sig and it's staying between 45-70 fps most of the time. I've only played a little bit of SP though.

So far, I've only messed around a bit with the campaign and the "Combat Practice" mode. The bots range from taking 5 seconds to target you on Recruit, to near omniscience on Veteran. It also has it's own EXP/points system which I thought was pretty neat. I've only been able to play with one monitor due to everything being about half as tall in Eyefinity even with max FOV on the slider. Has anyone ever gotten VAC banned using a fixer?

Also:

blackopsmp2010110917192.jpg

OMG!! Free multiplayer!

Last edited:
just played a round of HC S&D on the map "Nuketown". very fun!

Steam order placed... been hearing good things about the game, looking forward to playing some tonight (then tomorrow with my new 580 :D).

So our clan has a server. I can't find it in the server browser and I can't connect with the the IP in the console. The only way to get in is to get invited. I doesn't stay when I add it as a favorite. That and my fps is terrible no matter what I do. Anybody else having similar problems?

I'm having a great time with the game on the 360. Will probably pick it up for the PC as well this week to play with my anti-console friends. It's amazing as I am writing this there are 1.87 million people playing Black Ops on Xbox Live right now.

I'm having a great time with the game on the 360. Will probably pick it up for the PC as well this week to play with my anti-console friends. It's amazing as I am writing this there are 1.87 million people playing Black Ops on Xbox Live right now.

Wow... and there's what, 78k on the PC right now I think? No wonder we aren't seeing graphics upgrades for the PC version :(.

EDIT: From steam stats:

Current Players -- Peak Today -- Game
70,820 -- 77,609 -- Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer

Back