Offical Calibrated Monitor Profile Thread

Anyone have a BenQ fp241VW calibrated using hardware? Ive calibrated it best I could using test patterns and such but I would like to see what Spyder calibrations look like.

Anyone have a BenQ fp241VW calibrated using hardware? Ive calibrated it best I could using test patterns and such but I would like to see what Spyder calibrations look like.

Anyone have a profile?

Profile name: 2407Lin65
Dell 2407WFP A04
Brightness 50
Color Settings: Default
Image Mode: Desktop

Set up using Spyder2 pro
Gamma: Linear Grayscale
White Point: 6500K
LuminanceMode: Visual
Black/White luminance: na

http://rapidshare.com/files/30539614/2407Lin65.rar
thanks for the info. OP already updated.

Anyone asking for certain color profiles for their monitors which they did not hardware calibrate themselves are wasting their time.:)

People, it just doesn't work that way. Not everyone can afford/get a hold of a calibrator which is understood, but everyone's monitor is different. Even the same models will give different results.

Just an FYI:)

Anyone asking for certain color profiles for their monitors which they did not hardware calibrate themselves are wasting their time.:)

People, it just doesn't work that way. Not everyone can afford/get a hold of a calibrator which is understood, but everyone's monitor is different. Even the same models will give different results.

True, but whats the harm in taking the chance and then using a software calibration program to level-set. We can always revert back so I dont see the harm.

Westinghouse LVM-37W3
Profile name: coloreyeswesty.icc
Brightness 41
Color Settings: Neutral
Contrast: 60
Saturation: 60
Sharpness: 0
Backlight: 20

Set up using Eye One Display 2 with Coloreyes Display Pro

Current Profile:
coloreyeswesty.icc
Creation Date:
09/03/2007 12:22:56
Created with:
ColorEyes Display
White Point:
x = 0.3128, y = 0.3292, 6500 K, 118 cd/m2
Gamma Target:
L*
Black Point: 0.193 cd/m2
rXYZ: 0.4872, 0.2497, 0.0094
gXYZ: 0.3479, 0.6861, 0.1240
bXYZ: 0.1291, 0.0641, 0.6915

http://rapidshare.com/files/53236629/coloreyeswesty.icc

ricey, i tried that file u uploaded, but the picture on my westy didn't change. maybe its already set right? ;)

Dont mean to be a buzzkill guys, but that's my previous point. These profiles aren't going to work without calibrating it physically with a calibrator.

I'm not sure that was the problem. After i restarted my screen looked like crap, but I also had changed some other settings. Crazy thing is after I removed the icc config file, and reset to defaults It continued to load super high brightness and washed out colors.

Finaly I realized what was going on. The gama brightness cont, colors etc are set in 3 friggin places!

1) Windows control panel profiles.
2) Nvidia control panel color settings.
3) Adobe Gama Setting. (this one for whatever reason, decided to change the gama to 2.2 it looked fine after I set it to 3)

hell, at this point I don't even understand how a calibrator would work if adobe gama will just override the calibrators settings anywayse. or maybe the drivers themselves are stuck even though I restored to defaults and adobe gama jsut allowed to to correct the problem(3.0 seems strange)? Several re-boots later it finaly looks different, close to where I had it before.

Great idea! Earlier today I thought of posting a message asking for the Samsung 206BW with the W panel made by Chunghwa and post it for download and right now I come across this topic... So, anyone have this monitor and a colorimeter to do this for me? I prefer a to have a profile with the lowest brightness/contrast setting possible without losing color fidelity.
If anyone do this for me I'd be grateful forever! ;)

I agree...which is why I didn't post any profiles. Slight differences in panels even between those of the same model, as well as different ambient lighting will make someone elses profile nothing more than a starting point for your own calibration.

I'm not sure that was the problem. After i restarted my screen looked like crap, but I also had changed some other settings. Crazy thing is after I removed the icc config file, and reset to defaults It continued to load super high brightness and washed out colors.

Finaly I realized what was going on. The gama brightness cont, colors etc are set in 3 friggin places!

1) Windows control panel profiles.
2) Nvidia control panel color settings.
3) Adobe Gama Setting. (this one for whatever reason, decided to change the gama to 2.2 it looked fine after I set it to 3)

hell, at this point I don't even understand how a calibrator would work if adobe gama will just override the calibrators settings anywayse. or maybe the drivers themselves are stuck even though I restored to defaults and adobe gama jsut allowed to to correct the problem(3.0 seems strange)? Several re-boots later it finaly looks different, close to where I had it before.
Adobe gamma is wreaking havoc on your calibration attempts...either disable or uninstall it.

Hi :D Could someone download the VX2025wm ICC profile and upload it somewhere else? I think my country uses a shared IP when connecting to rapidshare so the IPs always in use :(

and yah i didnt use adobe gamma. Its only really useful if you dont have a calibrator. And I agree buying a cheap spyder2express or something will be better than pulling up and using profiles from others. I just posted mine to see if anyone would notice anything with it and apparently not really :p

I know I might have to wait for this but if anyone has the calibrated settings for the new Dell 3008wfp it would be much appreciated!

GrantGochnauer:

If you can give me a week or so once my new build completes and I get my new 3008WFP setup I can post my results from my calibration run with my Eye-One Display2. I will be calibrating to 6500K / 2.2.

- Stan

GrantGochnauer:

If you can give me a week or so once my new build completes and I get my new 3008WFP setup I can post my results from my calibration run with my Eye-One Display2. I will be calibrating to 6500K / 2.2.

- Stan

Stan, that would be amazing and be much appreciated. 6500K/2.2 is exactly what I would be looking for.

Thank you!

If you really want to calibrate your stuff properly I'd suggest picking up the Spyder2Express. Its not that expensive and does a decent job, the only difference between express and pro is the software. These profiles are ok but you need to have not only the same monitor but the same Panel installed, and even then there are variations thats why the pro's recalibrate weekly (for most people that is not necessary). These profiles are probably great for westinghouse 37" SE or origional and Thinkpad x61s but dell monitors for example have too many different panels.

Back