Offical Calibrated Monitor Profile Thread

Eastcoasthandle

[H]ard|Gawd
This thread is created to share updated monitor profiles that would allow other users to share better picture quality from their monitors. Below is a set of instructions on how to make this happen. Please be advised that the requested monitor profiles should come from either:
colorimeter
photometer
I am not trying to be rude but profiles made by "eye" are very subjective. Also, please bare in mind that you could request profiles for certain monitors. I will do my best to update all profiles in the OP to prevent people from having to go through several posts just to see if their monitor is listed. If possible, please use anti-virus/anti adware to scan your profiles both sending and receiving.

Please keep in mind that even though these monitors were calibrated using a colorimeter/photometer the profiles may or may not work correctly with your monitor.

In order to find your monitor profile you go here:

XP
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Spool\Drivers\Color

Win2K
C:\WINNT\System32\Spool\Drivers\Color

Mac OS X
/Library/Colorsync/Profiles (System wide)
~/Library/Colorsync/Profiles (User folder)

Places of where you can upload your colorimeter/photometer monitor calibrated profile:
RapidShare
File Cloud
Files Upload
File Den

Here is the format of how you should post your profile:
Profile name:
Make/Model/Size of Monitor that profile applies to
Monitor Menu Adjustments
OS
Link to profile

Example:
FP241W.icm (notice the short name)
BenQ FP241W 24"
XP

Monitor Menu Adjustments
Mode: Gamer
Contrast 100
Blacklight 80
Brightness 80
Gamma 2
Picture: User
Red 112
Green 111
Blue 113

justanexample
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acer

BenQ

Dell

Dell 2407WFP A04
Profile name: 2407Lin65
Brightness 50
Color Settings: Default
Image Mode: Desktop

Set up using Spyder2 pro
Gamma: Linear Grayscale
White Point: 6500K
LuminanceMode: Visual
Black/White luminance: na

http://rapidshare.com/files/30539614/2407Lin65.rar

EIZO

EIZO CG220
cal mode
http://www.atoyu.com/file/eizoCG220_100cdm2_ls.icc

Gateway

Gateway FPD2485W
I made the following settings in the monitor's menu:
red color intensity: 83 (defaults to 100)
green color intensity: 80 (defaults to 100)
blue color intensity: 85 (defaults to 100)
brightness: 65 (defaults to 80)
contrast: 55 (defaults to 50)

I made the following settings in the ATI CATALYST® Control Center:
Gamma: 1.20
Brightness: 20
Contrast: 80 (in my original post this was 60)
by cec1l

Picture
Brightness 100 (fixes crushed blacks)
Contrast 35 (fixes stabbing pain in my eyes)
Gamma 0 (Gamma doesn't do anything, as far as I can tell)

Color (these values fix the cyan push)
Red 100
Green 95
Blue 90
by Seemore

HP

LG

Mitsubishi

NEC

Profile name: 20WMGX2 Calibrated.icc
Make/Model/Size: NEC 20WMGX2 20"
Calibration system: ColorEyes Display 3.2 software with Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter

Brightness: 25% (can be set higher without significantly affecting colors)
Contrast: 50%
Sharpness: 8.3%
Advanced DV mode: OFF
DV mode: Text

Red: 100.0%
Green: 95.2%
Blue: 96.8%

Link: http://www.toastyx.net/20WMGX2 Calibrated.icc

Philip

109P40.icm
Philips 109P40 19"
XP

Monitor Menu Adjustments
Contrast 90
Brightness 50
Red 70
Green 70
Blue 72
http://rapidshare.com/files/22123852/109P40.icm.html

Sceptre

Sceptre X22 Gamer
Monitor Menu Adjustments Default
OS Vista
Link to profile http://rapidshare.com/files/21964177/Spyder2express.icm.html

Sony

SDM-HS95P2.icm
SDM-HS95P 19"
XP

Monitor Menu
Mode: PC
Contrast 90
Blacklight 70
Brightness 75
Gamma 2
Picture: User
Red 112
Green 111
Blue 113
Spyder2 suite
Download

Samsung

-----
SyncMaster 244t.icm
Samsung 244T 24"
XP

Monitor Menu
Contrast 65
Brightness 90
Magic Color Off
Color Tone Normal
Gamma +0
Color Weakness Off
Hue/Saturation
Red 45 (both)
Blue 45 (both)
Green 40 (both)
Cyan 45 (both)
Magenta 45 (both)
Yellow 45 (both)
Download Profile

------
Samsung 226BW
http://home.comcast.net/~audi-fan/226BWSpyder2-B73C72.icm
by gunner1
Brightness: 80 Contrast: 40 Red: 80 Green: 75 Blue: 55
by 7331

Sanyo

ViewSonic

Viewsonic VX2025WM 20" Widescreen LCD
Calibrated with a Gretagmacbeth Eye-One XT set to Advanced Mode
Brightness: 54
Contrast: 74
Red: 95
Green: 94
Blue: 97
Gamma is Calibrated to 2.2 (Photo editing standard)
ICC Profile created on MacOS X 10.4 -- Will also work in Windows
LINK

I like this idea!

now to get some people who have professionally calibrated their Westy's to post! :D

While I can see the value of this as a starting point for those that have no clue about calibration...you have to take into account differences in manufacturing tolerances and a wild variation of ambient lighting when applying someone elses settings directly to your monitor. Even 2 monitors of the same make/model/age sitting side by side will have slight variations in the settings when properly calibrated. Just my .02;)

edit- also (for tv's) each input needs to be calibrated separately...for example the settings you use for component may not look right when using S-video and so on..

Cool~
Could someone make a profile for samsung 205BW??
Thanks in advance~~~

No, this is a terrible idea.

Colors can vary significantly from unit to unit, even with the same settings. I've seen this when trying several units of the same monitor. Heck, even different parts of the screen on the same monitor can produce slightly different results since most monitors are not perfectly uniform. Even if two monitors started out exactly the same, the colors will change slightly over time anyway. Also, ambient lighting affects the calibration process and the way you see colors.

Another problem I often see is people recommending bad settings that crush the darkest shades or blow out the lightest shades, or settings that dynamically enhance contrast or artificially enhance colors. Those settings are bad for calibration and will cause inaccurate results.

Another thing to consider is calibration will add banding and reduce color depth slightly because some shades are duplicated while others are skipped.

I'll post mine anyway, but keep in mind you may not like the results, and it will probably not be accurate on your monitor anyway.

Calibration system: ColorEyes Display 3.2 software with Eye-One Display 2 colorimeter

Haven't calibrated mine professionally so I'd like one for an LG L204WT please.

Can someone post the Mac OS X 10.4.8 calibration profile for a Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP Rev 04.

Please!

No, this is a terrible idea.

Colors can vary significantly from unit to unit, even with the same settings. I've seen this when trying several units of the same monitor. Heck, even different parts of the screen on the same monitor can produce slightly different results since most monitors are not perfectly uniform. Even if two monitors started out exactly the same, the colors will change slightly over time anyway. Also, ambient lighting affects the calibration process and the way you see colors.

Another problem I often see is people recommending bad settings that crush the darkest shades or blow out the lightest shades, or settings that dynamically enhance contrast or artificially enhance colors. Those settings are bad for calibration and will cause inaccurate results.

Another thing to consider is calibration will add banding and reduce color depth slightly because some shades are duplicated while others are skipped.

I'll post mine anyway, but keep in mind you may not like the results, and it will probably not be accurate on your monitor anyway.

While I basically agree with you (see my post above) I think someone can take the settings and apply it to their own monitor as long as they realize that further tweaking may be needed. Too many people will be fooled into thinking that there is something wrong with their panel if the settings from (someone elses) a professional/colorimeter calibration doesn't look right when applied.

Thanks for the input guys, I've updated the OP in bold to make sure this information comes across to everyone who reads it.

Well, if it's any help - my calibration of the hp 2065 resulted in an identical icm to the one in the HP driver.

Can someone post the Mac OS X 10.4.8 calibration profile for a Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP Rev 04?

Thank you

very good idea... nice thread!!

please someone out there with a calibrated profile for an apple cinema hd 30" ?? and please indicated what brightness... thanks im always at 80% this monitor is bright!

Cmon guys theres a 40+ page thread on the LG L204WT, SOMEONE from there must've calibrated it properly. Please:)

Please fix the links to the profiles as they aren't correct like for example the spectre one! ;)

Fixed, thanks for the heads up. Now if I could get a few more calibrated profiles...

Yeah my Sceptre X20WC-Gamer 20.1 just came in today and i just can't figure out the settings to save my life. Played with the contrast/brightness and the best i can do is brightness almost all the way down and contrast about 75% of the way up but it still doesn't look right! :(

PS: FYI i moved up from a Dell 17" with Sony Trinitron tube so the resolution is INSANE! :)

Yeah my Sceptre X20WC-Gamer 20.1 just came in today and i just can't figure out the settings to save my life. Played with the contrast/brightness and the best i can do is brightness almost all the way down and contrast about 75% of the way up but it still doesn't look right! :(

PS: FYI i moved up from a Dell 17" with Sony Trinitron tube so the resolution is INSANE! :)
Link

Look at my post next to last on page 5 of that thread. Make sure you view the video which tells you exactly how to calibrate your brightness/contrast (very simple).

Side note:
How do you link a post? I've seen people link a single post but I don't see any options on how to do it. This would be the ideal way to link you directly to my post but I don't know how to do it.
Edit: I figured it out, you have to click on the post number which is on the upper right corner of that post, then use the link to that to post
Link

Look at my post next to last on page 5 of that thread. Make sure you view the video which tells you exactly how to calibrate your brightness/contrast (very simple).

Hmm that seems simple enough. Now just to find a pic that has perfect black and perfect white to use! ;)

Link

Side note:
How do you link a post? I've seen people link a single post but I don't see any options on how to do it. This would be the ideal way to link you directly to my post but I don't know how to do it.
Edit: I figured it out, you have to click on the post number which is on the upper right corner of that post, then use the link to that to post
Is there a photo that you recommend to set the brightness and contrast on my LCD? I have a Dell 2407 rev 04 LCD.

Thanks,
Carlos

Is there a photo that you recommend to set the brightness and contrast on my LCD? I have a Dell 2407 rev 04 LCD.

Thanks,
Carlos
Remember work with the brightness first then contrast. Decrease the brightness all the way to 0 then work your way up. When you got it set right you increase the contrast all the way to 100 then decrease it. You will need a picture that has white, black, gray and other colors in it. The ideal photo is the PDI test photo. You will also need to visit this site to examine how well the calibration went. The contrast test is the best way to know your gray scales. You should see all 20 blocks.

Look here to view a pic that can help you adjust your brightness and contrast.
You can use the pic below to see if your adjustments worked correctly or not. Can you see the radiator to the left?
cimg1212smallha7.png

Also look here to determine any banding, etc. by Sodor

Remember this is all done by eye and won't be nearly as good when you invest in a good colorimeter/photometer. Also note that adjusting color, gamma, contrast, etc is best with a color/photo meter.

How about one for an X2gen monitor? lol. My colors are so washed out and there's no way I can get it to look nice.

Back