Off the shelf compressed air in a can...

hitched

Limp Gawd
Is there any reason this stuff would have caused my video card cooler rust a little? I used this to dust my sli setup cards about a year ago and now with all this time at home I am preparing to dust the cards again except this time not with the canned air and I am noticing some brown rust spots close to the fans and green oxidation on the fins of the cooler...

Mostly curious is this canned air is a big no no to electronics even tho it says it is electronics safe... i do live in south Florida and high humidity is a daily thing...

Last edited:
Condensation from the cold canned air causing the humidity in the air to condense on the PC parts. Also if you tip the can a little bit and frost comes out it gets really bad.

I live in Hawaii and my place isnt air conditioned, and don't use canned air at home. Only at work because it's free and it's air conditioned.

I use a small soft paint brush to dust my PC. The humidity makes the chance of static building up very low.

The best are anti static make up brushes. You can get them really cheap from any pharmacy. Or just steal a couple from your gf.

It can cause condensation.

But this will evaporate in a very short time, usually minutes, probably seconds once you power on your system.

So unless you are spraying very regularly, this is an inconsequential source of moisture, and unlikely to encourage rust.

Leaving your computer powered off in a damp/humid conditions for long periods would do more.

Back