of all things....aim conection problem..

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
*note*

Linksys wireless router (will grab model number if it matters)
1 server static IP
3 computers DHCP
1 laptop wireless DHCP

*problem*

Me and my roommate have issues with aim loosing connection or even connecting at all. Internet connection is fine, just aim. both windows and pc cillin firewall turned off. I have port fowarding on the router, but nothing blocked besides the default. I've tried re installing aim still the same issue.

BTW, this setup worked fine before i moved, though I"m still with the same ISP and only 2 miles away from my old home. help!!!

i have a similar problem sometimes

all i do is turn off my router and modem and turn them back on in about 30 seconds. then all is good

I was having a similar problem, it would drop the connection and the reconnect. And Aim messages would lag, or not go out at all. And then I tried to reinstall it and it wouldnt even reinstall, missing file that was not missing. I just got trillian (but couldnt do direct connect) Well long story short My hdd crashed and I had to get a new one, now aim works beutifuly. Not sure what the deal was.

JEEVES

i had win xp sp1, linksys router, 2 other computers on network both of wich were xp sp1 and aim worked fine on those computers.

guess i could try other aim clients. All xp computers have sp2. Server has server 2k sp4

well...seems a firmware upgrade for the router seems to have helped. I'll bring this back up if it happens more.

Back