OEM --Dual Monitor workstation for business?

gatchaman

n00b
I'm want to recommend a workstation to a buddy for a home office PC where the primary requirements are:

Dual monitor setup with spanning...not mirroring.
Supportability --READ** Not by me! I will not let myself be responsible for this workstation so the OEM needs to have an excellent support record and repair options.
Stability over performance--Workstation will be used primarily for one specific application and email. I'd prefer he avoid the cutting edge and work with a proven chip and featureset.
Base XP build without all the spamworks etc..

Being able to purchase LCD monitors at a decent price in the bundle is a +

Any OEM recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Gatcha~

ambit

2[H]4U
My Dell Precision 450 and 670's at work can do dual head spanning.
NVidia Quadro's in both.

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
gatchaman said:
I'm want to recommend a workstation to a buddy for a home office PC where the primary requirements are:

Dual monitor setup with spanning...not mirroring.
Supportability --READ** Not by me! I will not let myself be responsible for this workstation so the OEM needs to have an excellent support record and repair options.
Stability over performance--Workstation will be used primarily for one specific application and email. I'd prefer he avoid the cutting edge and work with a proven chip and featureset.
Base XP build without all the spamworks etc..

Being able to purchase LCD monitors at a decent price in the bundle is a +

Any OEM recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Gatcha~
BOXX Technologies
www.boxxtech.com

gatchaman

n00b
Boxxtech has some workstations that look like they might fit the bill. Anyone familiar with support from boxxtech? I'll go out on a limb and assume it's better than any but a premium dell contract.

G~

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
gatchaman said:
Boxxtech has some workstations that look like they might fit the bill. Anyone familiar with support from boxxtech? I'll go out on a limb and assume it's better than any but a premium dell contract.

G~
I worked for them from October of 2003 until April of 2005 when I came to work here. Their support knowledge, which centers around not only the hardware but the DCC applications you may choose to use, is outstanding. Althout they don't have 24/7 tech support, their lead support guy, Randall Marley, is fantastic.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no ties to this company anymore, and while I own 2000 shares of their stock, I don't think they're in danger of being acquired or going public so that in no way influences my recommendation. ;)

westrock2000

[H]F Junkie
Newegg right now has two HP workstations that come with dual monitors. Heres a 3.2Ghz Intel with dual 17" for $1800. Not sure what level of performance your looking for though.

I don't have much experience with factory computers, but we 15 of these type HP's running some Teradyne semiconductor logic testers. We have had them for about 6 months and I cant recall any problems that were a result of faulty systems (and not crappy programming on account of our engineers :rolleyes: )