Odyssey Neo G8 - 4K 240 Hz 32" Quantum Mini LED

Seems Neo G7 demand is way higher than G8 because it sold out on Samsung store a long time ago and is limited in quantity from Amazon currently.

Pretty interesting that a $200 savings is worth the sacrifice of 240hz and HDMI 2.1 to most.
People must be penny pinching with the economy going to shit. Crazy to me to not future proof your purchase for $200.

I mean 4K/240Hz could be viable almost indefinitely at this point. 8K doesn't bring a lot of gains, even sitting very close.

Maybe, but only if it’s the real deal.
Let’s wait and see, shall we?

There still isn’t a real review out there.
There's a comprehensive review that's been linked in this thread multiple times. I would not be buying this thing blind. It's primarily because of that review that I jumped on it.

Maybe the neo G7 could have less chance of scan lines?
Pretty sure its also using DSC to achieve 165hz so the potential for scanlines is still there. It will be interesting to try get the G8 down to a lower refresh rate with a custom resolution and see if it eliminates the scan lines.

People must be penny pinching with the economy going to shit. Crazy to me to not future proof your purchase for $200.

I mean 4K/240Hz could be viable almost indefinitely at this point. 8K doesn't bring a lot of gains, even sitting very close.

There will be monitors with DisplayPort 2.0 and no curve.

I don't live for three years in the future, I live for now. And why would I want no curve? I prefer curved.
Curved sucks for anything but pure gaming, and even there it sucks to me (distracting). It distorts the picture. Many dislike curved panels.

People penny pinching are not buying $1000+ monitors lol.

Curved sucks for anything but pure gaming, and even there it sucks to me (distracting). It distorts the picture. Many dislike curved panels.

I don't get all the hate for curved. Anything bigger than 27" on a desk benefits from it greatly IMHO.
The distortion from curved displays does not bother me at all and I draft on CADD all the time.

I don't get all the hate for curved. Anything bigger than 27" on a desk benefits from it greatly IMHO.
The distortion from curved displays does not bother me at all and I draft on CADD all the time.
I agree I love curved monitors. TV on the other hand no.

I don't mind a 1800R curve but 1000R is too much personally. The main reason people hate curved are summed up in this video:

The non uniformity of Samsungs 1000R is most annoying to me as it looks pinched near the center and causes this weird looking through a tube effect with horizontally scrolling games.

Last edited:
I don't mind a 1800R curve but 1000R is too much personally. The main reason people hate curved are summed up in this video:
But the Neo G7/G8 are both with 1000R, just in case you didn’t notice 😏

If you don’t like 1000R why did you pre order?

My Amazon order updated to June 24th ETA so chances are Samsung direct orders will ship this week.

FYI SHIVSAMSUNG code brings it down to $1069 after edu/work discount on Samsung.com currently along with the $50 reserve discount. I think I'm just going to reorder because after doing the 10% cancellation trick it comes out to $969.

EDIT: Yeah with 10% off from CS it came out to $969 pre tax + another $20 or so off with Rakuten. At that price I can basically keep it as a throw away regardless of how much I hate the curve.

EDIT 2: Rakuten actually gave 15% cash back lmao. Thanks for the $800 monitor Samsung:

Screenshot 2022-06-20 133913.png

Last edited:
FYI SHIVSAMSUNG code brings it down to $1069 after edu/work discount on Samsung.com currently along with the $50 reserve discount. I think I'm just going to reorder because after doing the 5% cancellation trick it comes out to $1000 even.

I'd do it too if only it didn't have that extreme curve.

Sweet, with the pricing mistake and all discounts I got one for $531.

Reactions: Zahua
like this
Wow, and I thought my purchase for $1,169 was a deal. Can't wait for some reviews better showing off contrast and more importantly, blooming.

Sweet, with the pricing mistake and all discounts I got one for $531.
I couldn't get it to check out at all with the lowered price, maybe was too late. My friend who tipped me off though did earlier this morning. It seems to be shuffling around in price and went as low as $755 pre discount codes or any other promotion. Neo G9 was also like $900ish.

They never cancel price mistakes like this so those who got it lucked out. I got a few Galaxy Book Pro 360's for $350 when they had a similar price mistake on laptops soon after they launched.

EDIT: Yeah seems to be corrected now. Lucky for those of you who got one for like sub $500 when it was messed up at the lowest.

Last edited:
Just ordered the Neo G8 for $1100 with student bonus (which I never even signed up for, it was just in my cart), without any cash back stuff or $50 pre-order thing. Dunno what's up with the pricing on the site lol. But damn great price for what it is.

Hoping it doesn't' get cancelled.

Last edited:
My Amazon order updated to June 24th ETA so chances are Samsung direct orders will ship this week.
Yeah it looks like the monitors are just waiting in Amazon Warehouses ready to go. We should be getting real reviews really soon.

1655840696315.png

Yea Samsung will not let me cancel my order, so hopefully shipping soon. When I was grilling CSR today they were staunch that delivery is still on track for July 8th....fucking joke......again.....I'm getting G9 "Vietnam POW camp Flashbacks," now. Fuck, I just know Sensi Creese is gonna try to cash in again on that me owning him never ending favors for saving my life in the nam......better change my number again.

Reactions: Hypez
like this
Yea Samsung will not let me cancel my order, so hopefully shipping soon. When I was grilling CSR today they were staunch that delivery is still on track for July 8th....fucking joke......again.....I'm getting G9 "Vietnam POW camp Flashbacks," now. Fuck, I just know Sensi Creese is gonna try to cash in again on that me owning him never ending favors for saving my life in the nam......better change my number again.

My ship date is July 14th, I guess more people are buying this now and its being pushed forward for new orders.

I'm jealous. I sacrificed getting it this week for a lower price by reordering.

Back