Odyssey Neo G8 - 4K 240 Hz 32" Quantum Mini LED

Dang, where are you getting those discounts? I suppose it might be a little too late to be asking now lol.
It's $1259 after edu/work discount + Rakuten Cash back is another 3% along with the $50 'reserve' brings it under $1200. Shipping shows early July so this is a paper launch.

FAIL

WTF is the point of pre ordering a paper launch pre-order that cannot be ordered

Got my order in for full price....still no email or word about my $50 reservation discount lmao.
ETA July 8th...that is like three US presidential elections away.

1654532809460.png

Mine says ETA July 5th. I managed to get it to work in between all the bugging out.

EDIT: Shipping ETA is likely wrong. Still shows "by July 1st" at the product page so they'll probably ship out in a couple weeks since Samsung is pretty conservative with the ETA.

Last edited:
I still haven't gotten my discount for the reserve but I redeemed the $240 education discount by just going to the Samsung Education store page and browsing to the monitor page.

We need to chat with CS who will probably apply the discount after its delivered.

Mine says ETA July 5th. I managed to get it to work in between all the bugging out.

EDIT: Shipping ETA is likely wrong. Still shows "by July 1st" at the product page so they'll probably ship out in a couple weeks since Samsung is pretty conservative with the ETA.
In classic Samsung fashion best buy will have it for sale in a day or two and it will Ship from them 2 weeks before samsung.com orders

Yeah probably. I'm in chat with them right now about the $50 credit. Will update what they say.

EDIT: Yeah they dunno whats going on with the reserve credit. Requested a screenshot of the email I received for the reserve and escalated it. Told me CS will contact me via email about having it applied to my order. If anyone else has better luck please update.

Is it possible to cancel the order easily once placed? Just in case they aren't really able to ship it a month from now, and it keeps dragging.

So will this have flickering again like the Neo G9 for Nvidia owners? I see no Gsync certification even on the Samsung page. Oof.

For anyone who wants to reorder to save the $50, the reserve emails went out a couple hours ago and now it shows $1217 with work/edu discount using the $50 discount.

EDIT:

Here is the gimped G7 version without HDMI 2.1 thats limited to 165hz. Only a $200 difference.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...5hz-1ms-curved-gaming-monitor-ls32bg752nnxgo/

Arrives by mid June so I'm optimistic the G8 will ship in a week or two.

Last edited:
Neo G9 has a Gsync Compatible sticker on the bezel from what I remember but it was never actually listed by Nvidia nor had driver support until I think March of this year. Pretty bizarre that the G8 has no mention of it at all but it has to be for a reason which is its likely a mess and doesn't meet Nvidias criteria for Gsync Compatible currently.

I believe Samsung has never mentioned G sync compatible on any of their displays but I could be wrong. Don't see why it wouldn't work though.

It will probably work, but flicker and blank out often. Maybe. Gotta wait for reviews I guess.

Anyone have any luck getting Samsung to credit you the $50 reserve crap? These clowns want me to just cancel and place another order. Usually they are super accomodating but I've tried twice and got 2 noob CS agents. Gonna try one last time tomorrow and give up.

Anyone have any luck getting Samsung to credit you the $50 reserve crap? These clowns want me to just cancel and place another order. Usually they are super accomodating but I've tried twice and got 2 noob CS agents. Gonna try one last time tomorrow and give up.
I asked but they wouldn't budge so I just made another order. I might be further back in line but they haven't ran out of monitors yet. You can still get $50 off in another way lol

1654621302719.png

Theory 1: Neo G9 was such a flop that consumers don't trust G8 will be legit.

Theory 2: High end PC market is tanking due to Crypto taking a beating and modern games being woke.

Theory 3: Your average gamer still thinks 1440pee 60hz is God Tier and sees no value 4k240

Theory 1: Neo G9 was such a flop that consumers don't trust G8 will be legit.

Theory 2: High end PC market is tanking due to Crypto taking a beating and modern games being woke.

Theory 3: Your average gamer still thinks 1440pee 60hz is God Tier and sees no value 4k240
Neo G9 probably sold really well. But Samsung probably also had a lot RMAs to deal with.

Reading Reddit's display related subreddits there's quite a bit of "this seems expensive because of the AW QD-OLED" talk. Hard to disagree with that. I would not be surprised if the price of these comes down fairly quickly.

Either way though this is the least expensive 1000+ zone FALD monitor by far. Everything else is trash (PD32M) or just out dated (PG32UQX). We'll probably see $200 sale in the next 1-2 months and sub $1000 after discounts not too long after which is amazing when you consider that globally lit 4K 32" monitors are selling for $800+.

Seems crazy that the average consumer would be willing to pay $1000 more than this for form factor alone with the Neo G9 because its inferior in every other way. 5120x1440 is basically as demanding as 4K GPU wise so not sure if 4K itself is the deterrent.

Either way though this is the least expensive 1000+ zone FALD monitor by far. Everything else is trash (PD32M) or just out dated (PG32UQX). We'll probably see $200 sale in the next 1-2 months and sub $1000 after discounts not too long after which is amazing when you consider that globally lit 4K 32" monitors are selling for $800+.

Seems crazy that the average consumer would be willing to pay $1000 more than this for form factor alone with the Neo G9 because its inferior in every other way. 5120x1440 is basically as demanding as 4K GPU wise so not sure if 4K itself is the deterrent.
I doubt it. The G7 is still selling for $800. That is what nearly 2 years after release?

I doubt it. The G7 is still selling for $800. That is what nearly 2 years after release?
Neo G9 dropped $200 a month after release for a week long sale. In March of this year you could get it for $1450 with code COURAGESAMSUNG, etc.

Static price never matters for these monitors, they always go on big discounts for periods of time.

My body is ready.

The PG32UQX is more expensive, but also likely better overall than the G8. Higher brightness for HDR in bright scenes, G-Sync module, panel with a somewhat larger viewable area, no curve. The advantages of the G8 are only the 240Hz refresh which seems to suffer from image issues like the G9, and the somewhat faster panel.

The PG32UQX is more expensive, but also likely better overall than the G8. Higher brightness for HDR in bright scenes, G-Sync module, panel with a somewhat larger viewable area, no curve. The advantages of the G8 are only the 240Hz refresh which seems to suffer from image issues like the G9, and the somewhat faster panel.
Yeah, I just can't see the attraction to gaming in circus mirror concave vision, unless it has a lasting effect on my eyes and makes my wife look thinner.

I would've bought that, but after having another IPS panel with unbearable blooming from local dimming (PG27UQ), I don't have much trust in the IPS + Local Dimming combo unless there's like 10,000 dimming zones.

PG32UQX biggest issue is that it's so slow that it negatively affects desktop use. To say this is some what faster is just crazy, it's literally 2-3x faster and mostly capable of keeping up with 240hz where as the Asus falls apart over 90hz.

Otherwise it has it's advantage in high APL HDR but it's only capable of 1/3 the ANSI contrast ratio which is why I ended up going back to my C1 because the brightness is offset by bloom.

This monitor splits the difference decently at half the cost but I do wish is were flat and managed at least PG27UQ level of brightness. I'm going to measure some highlights in games when it arrives and see if it at least gets brighter than my 42" C2.

At high refresh, it reportedly suffers from the same "scanlines" issue seen on the Neo G9, at least according to the Chinese review that was posted.

PG32UQX biggest issue is that it's so slow that it negatively affects desktop use.
what-shocked.gif

PG32UQX Kicks Ass for desktop use. Literally 90% of what I keep it around for. Work productivity and web surfing on it are the tits.

Last edited:
I've got both the AW34 and PG32UQX on my desk.

On one hand I prefer gaming on the AW34 because 175hz, infinite contrast, zero blooming, good HDR, fantastic motion clarity, UW can be fun sometimes.

On the other hand I prefer gaming on the PG32 because 4k, insane colors, outstanding HDR, 32" perfect size.

I would like the G8 to replace one or both of these on my desk...problem is I don't think its going to be able to......I fear its going to end up fulfilling somewhere in between and become a THIRD monitor in my collection.

The few issues I have with this new G8 is:

Now that I'm used to a 50" 4k display I just can't go back to a small 32" after rocking a 32" for years already.

The other issue I have with it is that even a 3080Ti can't push 240hz in 4k in pretty much any game if you want to turn the graphics up so the 240hz is not realistic unless maybe the new 4080Ti can do it even then I doubt it.

If it came in larger sizes, I would consider it because the 240hz is great even if you can't go that fast now you will be able to in the future but since 240 is not really possible and the size is tiny in comparison It's not enticing to me. 4k 120hz albeit is slow it is still the sweet spot for a while at least another year or two easy.

The few issues I have with this new G8 is:

Now that I'm used to a 50" 4k display I just can't go back to a small 32" after rocking a 32" for years already.

The other issue I have with it is that even a 3080Ti can't push 240hz in 4k in pretty much any game if you want to turn the graphics up so the 240hz is not realistic unless maybe the new 4080Ti can do it even then I doubt it.

If it came in larger sizes, I would consider it because the 240hz is great even if you can't go that fast now you will be able to in the future but since 240 is not really possible and the size is tiny in comparison It's not enticing to me. 4k 120hz albeit is slow it is still the sweet spot for a while at least another year or two easy.
Remember, its not 240 REQUIRED hertz, its 240 maximum hertz. with Adaptive Sync, you shouldn't need to ALWAYS hit 240FPS. hell, even 120-150FPS probably feels better on a monitor that can switch pixels fast enough to do 240.

Back