Odyssey Neo G8 - 4K 240 Hz 32" Quantum Mini LED

kasakka

2[H]4U
Was real tempted to get the G8 at 999 euros on sale but I think I'm going to pass and wait until CES to see if there's something better in the pipeline.

Decko87

2[H]4U
Just plugged in my G7, on HDMI 2 it was stuck at 120 hz, switched to HDMI 1 and I'm getting the full 165 hz 10 bit picture, I don't see it moving to 12 bit however. I can't see scanlines from my normal viewing distance but if I put my face pretty much right against the monitor I can seem some very light lines on the blizzard and discord icons. Overall it looks good, I had to turn the Contrast Enhancer setting on for it not to look washed out an dull in HDR.

Decko87

2[H]4U
Wow what a weird bug man, I switched to display port, any time it goes to sleep and comes back I have to keep re-plugging in the HDMI to get it to hit 165hz 10bit. Get stuck at 120 hz and won't enable HDR otherwise with HDMI

Decko87

2[H]4U
Alright so the scan lines thing is a non issue, text clarity is incredible compared to my 1440p monitor, with the default set up and local dimming turned to high with the contrast enhancer turned on this thing gets crazy bright and the FALD solution is definitely doing it's job. Some blooming in some scenarios. For 650 bucks I'm absolutely keeping this thing. Can anyone tell me why CoreSync is greyed out and when I try to enable it it says "function not available?"

Last edited:
Went through the whole thread and now that people have had the Neo G8/G7 for awhile can we put some settings and calibrations everyone has settled on.

I know calibration can be different from monitor to montior but things like Picture Mode, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Color, Contrast Enhancer, Black Level, Local Dimming and Black Equalizer, etc could be a nice starting point for people that just got it like me.

Decko87

2[H]4U
Went through the whole thread and now that people have had the Neo G8/G7 for awhile can we put some settings and calibrations everyone has settled on.

I know calibration can be different from monitor to montior but things like Picture Mode, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Color, Contrast Enhancer, Black Level, Local Dimming and Black Equalizer, etc could be a nice starting point for people that just got it like me.
I'm looking into buying a calibration device, just don't feel like coughing up the cash yet. I've just left it at stock, but made sure I turned on the contrast enhancer, otherwise the monitor looks dark and colorless. The neo G7 after one week I can very readily say is the best monitor I've ever owned. There some minor draw backs, but not enough for me to care. I'll write up a detailed impressions / review at some point. I worked on it all week this week programming and I have to say my eyes feel good, I didn't realize what a huge difference text clarity would make moving from a 1440p 32 inch panel to a 4k 32 inch panel. A lot more energy and less tired eyes after 8 hours I really the best part so far.

Also going to ask one more time, if anyone can tell me how to get CoreSync to work with the infinity core lighting please let me know.