Odroid C1+... Anyone else running one?

FireBean

Gawd
I recently switched from an 775 socket HTPC to a Odroid C1+. Other than the keyboard issues I had when it first stared (have to use the Micro-USB to OTG connection) I have not had any issues with it at all. It could be a little faster at certain things but the wife gave it a 9/10 so, I'm happy with it.
I'm running OpenELEC for it. version 5.0.8 appears to be the most stable. I'm using a version specifically built for the Odroid.

I'm also using their WiFi Stick on the 5GHz Band. Still want to use a wire though...

Anyone else running one? I'm also using their WiFi Stick

the C1+ is hard to beat for the price. It does have a eMMC port on the bottom but it also supports U1 SD Cards up to 90MB/s. Anything faster than that will probably exceed the performance of the SoC. The XU4 is absolutely wreck the C1+ in performance but Kodi/OpenELEC does not need that kind of humph. I'm using my C1 as just a front end for OpenELEC. Does nothing else then load my libarry and play constant and it is perfectly capable of that.

SJetski71
Is they anything you would like to know about it? Does the job pretty well. I'm just trying to source a very small HDMI to 5.1 receiver/amp for my speakers. That is being a challenge for something less than $50.

Edit: I found that the CPU on the UX4 is equivalent to to half the perform ace of an i5-2500k in multi-threaded loads.

Been eyeing the market for a solution with gigabit Ethernet, native SATA instead of slow USB-to-SATA converter, decent performance and sufficient memory. Was originally looking at Odroid C1+ or XU4 but the AMD A1100 has my interest especially if priced around $150.

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/01/14/amd-launches-the-opteron-a1100-series-of-64-bit-arm-cpus-for-servers/
Have you checked out the Braswell embedded M-itx motherboards yet?

N3050 dual core $60, not a lot of cpu oomph.
N3150 Quad core starts at $69, this one is good imho.
N3700 Quad core starts at $99, this one is best.

^^^ Firebean, this is the route i'm likely to take, the Odroid C1+ would be for fun and maybe destined for a secondary TV in the home, if i purchase it that is. TY for providing info and your opinion.

Have you checked out the Braswell embedded M-itx motherboards yet?

N3050 dual core $60, not a lot of cpu oomph.
N3150 Quad core starts at $69, this one is good imho.
N3700 Quad core starts at $99, this one is best.

I like the price point but the performance seems to be below my threshold of Core M which a quad ARM A57 competes with very favorably while the AMD A1100 solution is even better with octa core A57. Prefer a more beefy device that serves as all-in-one workstation, file, web and media server and virtualization would be a bonus.

Last edited:
Firebean, this is the route i'm likely to take, the Odroid C1+ would be for fun and maybe destined for a secondary TV in the home, if i purchase it that is. TY for providing info and your opinion.

Yep, that is what I'm using this for. I have a server that just sit in the basement that handles everything. This does work great as a front end only device.

ive been actually wanting to buy one to try out.

i tried running RPi w/DietPi for htpc/kodi use and the RPi just eats SDcards for lunch. since then, ive been just running my htpc. i wanted to find something relatively powerful with lower power that i can leave on 24/7 without running up the electric bill.

Back