odd SLI problem...

sd11

[H]ard|Gawd
My frame rates weren't doing so hot lately. Tinkering around in nvidia drivers I noticed that under the SLI multigpu option it said my second gfx card must be installed in a pcie x4 or faster slot.

Which is odd, because it's always been in the proper slot on the striker and was working fine.

Reinstalled the drivers and got the pop up for a SLI capable system, but still can't enable it and still the same stupid note about pcie x4 or greater.

The card shows up fine in device manager, is seated properly, the mobo makes the proper scream when I remove a power connector from it and try to boot.

I'm pretty lost.

Try switching the graphics cards around, If you get the same eorror in a different slot it could be a graphics card error or driver error, If you get the same problem but it's at the old slot you could have a mobo issue or chipset driver error.

Run GPU-Z and see what that reports for each card. It's likely that it's windows reporting your system is running PCIE x4 for some reason (maybe it really is somehow).

The NVIDIA CP just reports what the system tells it, so I doubt the NVIDIA CP itself is at fault.

If GPU-Z shows the same thing, I'd check the BIOS and see if there are any options for this in there. If not, I'd try flashing the BIOS to the most recent revision to see if that resolves it.

Run GPU-Z and see what that reports for each card. It's likely that it's windows reporting your system is running PCIE x4 for some reason (maybe it really is somehow).

The NVIDIA CP just reports what the system tells it, so I doubt the NVIDIA CP itself is at fault.

If GPU-Z shows the same thing, I'd check the BIOS and see if there are any options for this in there. If not, I'd try flashing the BIOS to the most recent revision to see if that resolves it.

GPU-Z picks them both up fine, over x16. No options in BIOS relating to it, What would flashing fix if it was working before?

Never mind, second card isn't pushing video now, there does seem to be a problem :/

Alright well lost again, kept reinstalling drivers and blamo, SLI shows up enabled, get the screen. Play some games, reboot, and back to no SLI.

Now I'm getting generic host process for win32 problems, starting to think I've sacrificed more RAM to the 680i altar.:mad:

Can't even locate nv control panel under C drive like before. What's odd is if I install them repeatedly, it randomly tells me "SLI has been enabled" then on reboot, blam gone.

Most of the time it's just "system is SLI, to enable click this window, then back to PCIE x4 or better"

Back