Odd issue with COD:MW (disk version) not recognized on XB SX

DarkSideA8

Gawd
I bought a disk version of COD MW for my son back when all he had was the XBone. He now has the XB SeriesX and has ported his account and games to the new machine. With one exception - the Xbox / MS keeps asking him to buy COD MW, even though the disk is in and spinning (note - he can play Warzone).

I've gone through the 'my games' portal several times, shut the box down, unplugged etc - but while WZ shows up and is playable, COD MW still is not & asking if he wants to buy it, despite the disk and that we already own it.

What am I missing?

Is the console reading other disks (other games, movies, etc.)?

It shouldn't do this if you're signed into Xbox Live, but try setting the Series X as the "home" console if you haven't done so already. It's in Settings -> General -> Personalization -> My Home Xbox. It will take less than a minute to set.

If that doesn't work, then take the disc out, uninstall both MW and Warzone, insert the disc, and reinstall the game. Unfortunately this is going to take a long time depending on your download speed.

Armenius -will give it a shot, thanks!
Just wanted to add that if you have to go through the pain of reinstalling the game, give the console a hard reset after uninstalling it for good measure to clear the cache. You can also do that from Settings under Power Options -> Shutdown.

Back