Odd FF issue (3.6.11)

spugnor

[H]F Junkie
Going to post here first, before trying other resources, because i trust the [H] more that i trust a lot of other places. That being said, here's my issue.

Since i D/L'd the new 3.6.11 (firefox prompted me to do this), it will only run in administrator. Also, right after i installed the update, my virus scanner (NOD32) started giving me virus warnings.

So i uninstalled FF, deleted the folder. Did a cold start, ran the scanner again (overnight), it came up clean. Downloaded FF again from the mozilla website. Installed it. And again, it will only run as administrator. And amazingly enough, i had the same 4 files show up in my virus scanner.

This bothers me, as a browser should not have to run as administrator in order to function. I am wondering if the download was infected or something.

Anyone have any comments, suggestions, ideas?

Sounds like a plug in which is not compatible with the new browser. I use that version of FF with NOD on a couple of pc's and no issues to report here.

Firefox 3.6.12 came out earlier today, might as well update when you get the chance. Could resolve your issue, might not.

Back