OCZ ZDrive R4 won't work on H57M-USB3

WarlordBB

Limp Gawd
I've got an OCZ Z Drive R4 PCIE SSD drive and threw it into my desktop. Worked great in my Dell PowerEdge 2950. I put it in the extra x16 vid card slot and I get lights like I did with the server, but the system does not recognize the new hardware. As in doesn't even act like anything new was added. Nothing new shows under Device Manager / Storage and rescanning does nothing.

Any ideas?

Have you updated the bios on the board and are there any kind of firmware updates for the zdrive?

Definitely update any firmware and BIOS files, but unfortunately it is not unheard of for non-video PCIe cards (especially RAID adapters and other storage devices) to not work properly in some consumer board (epsecially boards that are tweaker/gamer oriented and SLI/Crossfire enabled. One thing you can try just to check is to switch your video card and the pcie ssd slots and see if that at least sees the drive (though it will kill your video performance if you tried to do that full time)

I've got an OCZ Z Drive R4 PCIE SSD drive and threw it into my desktop. Worked great in my Dell PowerEdge 2950. I put it in the extra x16 vid card slot and I get lights like I did with the server, but the system does not recognize the new hardware. As in doesn't even act like anything new was added. Nothing new shows under Device Manager / Storage and rescanning does nothing.

Any ideas?

I really think you should consider selling this card to me as it is total overkill for a desktop PC ;-) Liken it to putting a stallion in your back yard, sell it to me and let it run free serving out oracle database.

cheers
Chris

Back