OCZ Vertex2 60GB for $80.99 AR

Sweet price. Only downfall would be if this were the problem 1st generation 22nm one. IF so then there is a way to request a free exchange from OCZ but it would be a huge pain IMO.

If you look at my post on the Agility 2 I put a review that seems they have changed the chips in OCZ newer ssd's :( hence more failures.. found a cheapy for my netbook though!!!

The promo code only went to some email addresses. Doesn't work if it's not on your account. FYI.

Sweet price. Only downfall would be if this were the problem 1st generation 22nm one. IF so then there is a way to request a free exchange from OCZ but it would be a huge pain IMO.

It is. The 25nm models have an "E" in the model number before the capacity (VTX60G vs VTXE60G).

The problem models have E or do not have an E? You last post confused me...:p

You say it is this model but then stated it has an E...

Edit: I see. There are 22 25 and 34. Also seems the E may not be a sure way to tell... Perhaps this is why the Rebate frenzy on OCZ :(

Yea what problems are you talking about? I have the 50gb version (first released) and it working wonderfully.

He is talking about the new drives having 25nm memory and not giving the same performance and having less formatted space on them. This is a know issue with OCZ drives. The problem is you cannot tel if you are getting an older 34nm drive or the newer 25nm drive since they did not change the model number.

Back