OCZ Vertex Series SSD 96 gb for 89.99?

tnt3k

2[H]4U
did MC make a mistake here? 96gb for 90? It was on page 27/41 in the online magazine thing:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/504d2227#/504d2227/27

IwHot.jpg

This is a nuts deal...
Hope there is a microcenter near me, not like 5 hours away.....

If its real its not showing up on their online page. My WAG is its a misprint that they won't honor.

"Not all products available to all stores. Limited to stock on hand. While supplies last"

lol - the 60 gb is $139.99 AR, so if you do get this you're getting 36 extra gbs for $50 less.

Definitely a pricing error.

This is obviously a pricing mistake since the prices go up for increased capacity in the ad, then suddenly go down for the 96GB version. I'm guessing they forgot a 1 and the price is $189.99.

there is no pricing mistake, it's just the way they are marketing the deal has a possibility for misconception.

you are SAVING $89, it does not COST $89.

Subtract $89.99 from $249.99 and you get the actual sale price.

there is no pricing mistake, it's just the way they are marketing the deal has a possibility for misconception.

if that were the case, then look at the 120gb one, normally $399. that would mean you are saving$269, meaning you can buy it for $130? that seems equally as unlikely.

Pretty sure it's a pricing error, there should be a 1 in there (making it $189.99) and I'll bet the fine print on the page covers such typos/errors because of the printers/typesetters.

People love pouncing on mistakes like this but, I'd say don't bother and let it go...

if that were the case, then look at the 120gb one, normally $399. that would mean you are saving$269, meaning you can buy it for $130? that seems equally as unlikely.

good point, ok well I tried to make sense of it. :p

You might want to subtract the savings from the other retail prices listed and see if that makes sense. Because if a 250GB SSD is going for $340 I'll take 8.

trying to get a CS rep on the phone is next to f'n impossible right now!

After finally getting someone on the phone, the $89 price is CORRECT. She confirmed the original price and the sale price. However the Philly/St. Davids store doesnt have any :(

After finally getting someone on the phone, the $89 price is CORRECT. She confirmed the original price and the sale price. However the Philly/St. Davids store doesnt have any :(

Damn, that is too bad. Thanks for checking though.

North Jersey/Patterson store has 0 also.

The guy on the phone was like "woooooooow thats a really good price"

reminded me of the staples commercials!

i will have to stop by the microcenter that is on the way home from work. to check this out myself.

edit:
North Jersey/Patterson store has 0 also.

The guy on the phone was like "woooooooow thats a really good price"

reminded me of the staples commercials!

thanks for saving me the trip...thats the store i was going to stop by

WOW it is real? shit I hope the Microcenter in santa clara has at least one - calling right now

so i just spoke with a MC rep and they said pricing was right. However, they have no more stock at any stores becuase item was discontinued. September just started and already sold out. I should pay more attention to these MC ads. WTF :trollface:

damn cant get anyone on the phone. IDK if the one in houston/west loop has any more.

pretty sure these are gone every where. item is gone from the website when it was there 5 mins ago. And the person I talked to at the Madison heights location said they don't have it in their systems anymore.

seriously.

I would have loved another one at that price to add to the current 96gb version in my main PC. Looks like I might have a hard time finding another one when RAID-0 time comes along.

Well I was going to stop their (CA - Santa Clara) on the way home after visiting an old neighbor but a three car accident on the highway got me stuck in traffic and ended up turning around. No seeing neighbor or checking if MC has any in stock. :(

Any of you guys at the Santa Clara Microcenter have any luck?

The only thing I ever see that MC stocked up with is CPUs.. otherwise, they are usually out of stock on everything else that I would be interested in.

Back