OCZ vertex plus 120gb (Indilinx) $108 after $20 rebate: scorching hot

so It seems there is NO SDD out there that is stable... I guess we have to go a long way before we see reliable SDD drives out there.

I've never had any significant issues with my other SSDs - Intel G2 160GB, C300 256GB, Kingston V-series 64GB. I may have had stutters, etc., but never BSODs and hangs. The Force 3 is shitty in a way I never knew possible.

If you got the money Intel or Samsung. If your broke like me this drive with the Indilinx is what I am putting my money on. I'll let ya know how it goes once I get it installed.

GOT ONE! my FIRST!!. for 132.28 shipped to ohio. probably not even gonna try to get the rebate.

Absolutely ZERO Problems with my 2 Intel X-25 drives EVAR since I have had them 2+ years

I guess INTEL SSD's are the way to go then

right?

I had 6 kingston ssds with intel controllers in a raid and never had an issue. I sold 4 of them and still use 2 for my os and haven't had any issues. That said I also have an original 120gb vertex drive for my games that's been going strong for over a year.

I just picked one of these up for my laptop.

my biggest question is how much battery life should I expect to lose by using a ssd on a laptop?

my biggest question is how much battery life should I expect to lose by using a ssd on a laptop?

Good question. I would love to know this answer as well. Also, I want to put this in my MacBook to replace my 160GB hard drive. Would this be a good SSD to replace it with?

Just got this yesterday... Installed win7 x64 in about 15 minutes.

Everything is blazing fast. It reminds me when the 7.2k drives came out vs the old weak 5400rpm'er.s

Short answer, no. Though I wouldn't say it's necessarily their fault I blame sandforce (well they do have alot of the blame they should pick a better controller). I have always opposed sandforce and people thought I was crazy but now days its easy to see all the problems with their controllers.

I had 2 gskill drives just up and die at 1 week old. My ocz vertex le never died but it was piss poor slow.

doesnt ocz own sandforce now?

I have another question:

What are the chances of seeing a deal as good as this - or better for 120+ gb ssds... over the remainder of this year?

I have another question:

What are the chances of seeing a deal as good as this - or better for 120+ gb ssds... over the remainder of this year?

NIL... I think the best we can hope for is $140-150 for a good 128GB drive.

For those who are wondering the performance of this drive:

dmtx04.png

Vertex Plus 120GB 3.02 firmware AMD sata driver

For comparison:

11htr1k.png

Intel X25-M 120GB Intel ICH10R

Last edited:
got one for my lappy. its cd2 based so something like this is perfect.

I've got a Corsair Force (forget which series) SSD based on Sandforce controller and have not had any stability problems with it. That said, my next and quite likely all future SSDs for my main PC builds will probably be Intel. I purchased my SSD before I knew about the potential issues, luckily I have not experienced any of them. I've also installed several Intel SSD's for friends/family and while on paper they may not look as speeds as the SF controllers, in practice I can't tell the difference. Add to that the reliability and support of Intel and it's a clear winner in my eyes.

Now for my secondary systems, if I find a killer deal on a SSD that isn't Intel, I may bite.

Last edited:
Based on 2k3eblade Limp Gawd, 6.0 Years

Comparison:

Is this SSD worth buying still?

Is this SSD worth buying still?

It's a good entry level drive. I get about 8 hours out of a 6 cell on my Aspire One 722 netbook using vcore tweaks as well. I don't notice much a difference between this drive and my Intel X25-m on the desktop so at this price point I say go for it.

Just got mine the other day and it's been rock solid so far.

Performance diff between this and the mechanical drive I was using before is like night and day.

I've had this identical drive since they first came out a couple years ago. Paid around $400 for it I think and was worth every penny.

But with as many games as I like to have installed at one time, amongst other things, I was always at about 90 to 95% capacity....always. I've got an external 250GB that handles all my other space hogs like photos.

At this price I figured I should grab another one and I'll problably reformat and operate in RAID 0.

With 240 GB I should be good to go for a very, very long time.

Back down to $109 AR and in stock. They also charged $2.29 for shipping :rolleyes:

Back