OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB

nerd.gif

AztekComputers.com said:
The Item(s) you have ordered is currently out of stock. We are trying to fill this order asap, and appreciate your patience. If you want to cancel this order log into your account at aztekcomputers.com and click on order history. If you want to contact us please do so via email at sales or you can call us at 469-574-0240 and press option 2. Below are the items that you order for your records only.
[COLOR="#22222"]QUOTE[/COLOR]

Got the same reply from Aztek. It is promising, but I wonder if they will actually get any of the drives in stock. Maybe OCZ will send them other drives (like a Vertex 2 or something) as replacements. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

My question is this, how does buy.com have some of the 100GB LE's in stock? Did they catch their problem with the pricing, fulfill some orders and then markup the ones they had in stock to re-coup some losses?

Got the same reply from Aztek. It is promising, but I wonder if they will actually get any of the drives in stock. Maybe OCZ will send them other drives (like a Vertex 2 or something) as replacements. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

My question is this, how does buy.com have some of the 100GB LE's in stock? Did they catch their problem with the pricing, fulfill some orders and then markup the ones they had in stock to re-coup some losses?

Aztek probably won't get them back in stock. The Vertex LE's are EOL and supposedly only 5000 units ever made ... guess they really are limited edition lol.

Aztek cancelled my order entirely.

Aztek probably won't get them back in stock. The Vertex LE's are EOL and supposedly only 5000 units ever made ... guess they really are limited edition lol.

Aztek cancelled my order entirely.

My two orders haven't been cancelled, even after getting the emails as mentioned above. Gonna stick it out a bit longer, a substitute drive of the same size probably wouldn't hurt me.

Reading around, if the need for an RMA arises, OCZ is replacing them with Vertex 2's.

Maybe we should pressure Aztek to give everyone Vertex 2's to fulfill the orders then. I highly doubt they would do it, but if they did I would definitely shop there again in the future :)

Are you gonna do a RAID 0 with them??

not sure, i don't know if i want to keep them separate for trim support or up my speed for performance. Although, I have 2x 40GB ssds currently in raid 0 and have suffered some degradation with 20gb of un allocated space per suggestion.

Yeah, depends if they have real time inventory or not. I paid for next day air to hopefully get them out the door today...

i was going to order again as soon as that post hit. was on the order page and then i gave up... with all the hassle of ordering 7 and only getting 2, i can be happy with 2 and didn't want to be too greedy. I still haven't received all my refunds yet...

does anyone know why this drive in particular keeps getting priced so low? Did ocz mislable the msrp or something?

does anyone know why this drive in particular keeps getting priced so low? Did ocz mislable the msrp or something?

Most likely.

Same thing happened with Asus and their GTX 570. I was able to score one for $141 a few months ago. :D

What do you guys think would be best to buy from them? Google Checkout, Paypal? Which offers the best protection in case of them not shipping?

They seem to not be over-exaggerating their on hand quantities. They said they had 25+ of the 100GB model and they sold out 5 minutes after posting here.

in for one 250gb drive ... doubt it will ship

didn't take time to read, why are they so cheap? and are there benchmarks anywhere? crappy drive?

To reinforce - do NOT repost this at Slickdeals, FatWallet, etc. ... let's keep it local so that Hard users get the best deals. :)

Back