OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB

damn me for choosing budget shipping ups isnt even giving me a date to expect delivery. anyone have any updates on Aztec. they took the money through paypal but have yet to see a updated status on the tracking page. just says status created.

Just got an email from my Buy.com purchase via ebay. They cancelled and gave me $15 credit towards a future purchase. Here is how my adventure went.

2x100gb through buy.com = Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
2x100gb through buy.com via ebay = Cancelled & $15 credit.
2x250gb via Amazon Marketplace PC Adventure = Cancelled
1x100gb via Amazon Marketplace Datavision = Still Pending

Just got an email from my Buy.com purchase via ebay. They cancelled and gave me $15 credit towards a future purchase. Here is how my adventure went.

My quest:

2x 100gb through buy.com = Delivery tomorrow
2x 100gb through amazon market place hpp enterpises = cancelled
2x 100gb through aztekcomputers.com = still pending
1x 250gb through aztekcomputers.com = still pending

Shit, I'm going to be totally bummed if my ebay ones don't go through.

Update -

I just called Aztekcomputers regarding the ocz 100/250gb ssd that were ordered and the rep told me most likely their going to be cancelled as they no longer have them in stock. He told me that they're hoping to get more and they would ship them if they have them. He said he would know better towards the end of the day if they'll be cancelled or not.

Well.. there goes that...

i'll just be happy with the 2x that buy.com sent me :)

Update 2 -

aztek cancels my orders and refunds

Last edited:
My Paypal shows no cancellation on either of my two orders sofar from Aztek. *crosses fingers*

Ok I got the drive about 30 minutes ago. It came sealed in the box (I attached pics of it). Well when I installed the drive the BIOS recognized the drive and everything seemed good to go. I ran OCZ Toolbox and the drive was showing that it had firmware version 1.01 which I thought was odd considering that the latest firmware is 1.32. I then proceeded to download and install the firmware using OCZ Toolbox as per the instructions on the OCZ website (this is with Windows 7 and I ran it as Admin). The download took longer than I thought it would but it was showing the progress in the lower left corner of the Toolbox screen as it was proceeding to download sectors. After about 5 minutes I get a "Download firmware failed" message and now the BIOS doesn't see the drive, it's disappeared! I am gonna scour the OCZ forums and see what I can find out and then probably request an RMA. This sucks!

dscf5866.jpg

dscf5868n.jpg

Last edited:
My buy.com order is still processing. My amazon order was from DataVision. I contacted them today and they said that they order will most probably be canceled. Anyone else order from datavision??? Both of my orders were placed for the 100gb ssd.

My buy.com order is still processing. My amazon order was from DataVision. I contacted them today and they said that they order will most probably be canceled. Anyone else order from datavision??? Both of my orders were placed for the 100gb ssd.

Datavision Sales Manager emailed me and stated that they will be sending out an email to all orders (several 1000 orders) and cancelling them all.

@HaX : thanks for that link. I may have been too hasty in thinking that my drive was bricked. I had to clear CMOS to get my drive to show up again. I will try updating the firmware with the link you provided. Thanks again.

Pretty much goes to show OCZ and other companies that if they actually priced their drive at a reasonable price they would sell like hot cakes.

My two from buy.com just came in. They're the real deal.

I'm praying my ebay ones ship but I'm really not feeling confident...

Just got an email from buy.com. Ebay orders are not being shipped, but they are offering $15 off future purchase.

Damn.

is it safe to assume if my package is in transit to me that I will get my drives? I did budget shipping so its combined between ups and usps and is someplace on the road right now headed to AZ

img1664e.jpg

Too bad my other 8 got cancelled.

However, I just ordered four of these:

33448787.png

They're already out of stock. This gives me hope since it was real time inventory...

You SSD whore! ;)

Anyway I got Win 7 installed on my 100GB drive and it's fantastic. Got a 7.4 WEI rating...much better than my 300GB VelociRaptor that only got a 5.9. I am so glad I got in on this deal. AMAZING!

However, I just ordered four of these:

They're already out of stock. This gives me hope since it was real time inventory...

Wait... what? What website was that from? And how/where did you find out about that? I would've bought them too...

Wait... what? What website was that from? And how/where did you find out about that? I would've bought them too...

Also from buy.com, but fulfilled through a 3rd party retailer.

I noticed it literally 10 seconds after it hit slickdeals and got my orders in. I think only one other person managed to get in before they sold out.

My brother needs a new video card so I'll be in the market to trade one for a HD 6850/6870 if anyone is interested. ;)

I noticed it literally 10 seconds after it hit slickdeals and got my orders in. I think only one other person managed to get in before they sold out.

If you do manage to grab 4? are you going to sell them?

Ah, yes, now I see that post. Tried adding it just to make sure and it wouldn't let me check out. Honestly, I'm still a little confused about that slickdeals website... lol. Haven't really used it before. Do you just go straight to the forums > hot deals section? What is the "Frontpage slickdeals" when you first get to the site? Are those supposed to be the best of the best? Because they don't seem that great....

It seems like the most useful way to look is to arrange the threads by thread started date with most recent at top. Is that what you do?

You SSD whore! ;)

Anyway I got Win 7 installed on my 100GB drive and it's fantastic. Got a 7.4 WEI rating...much better than my 300GB VelociRaptor that only got a 5.9. I am so glad I got in on this deal. AMAZING!

was going to ask, did you get that firmware updated using the link?

Yes the link worked great. I also reinstalled Windows 7 just now with AHCI (I didn't have it enabled the first time) and now I get a WEI rating of 7.8 for the SSD!!!!

if you got yours, instead of a cancellation:

Dear JERK,

WE ALL H8

signed,

all of us

Back